Barn Search

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Barn Search

Postby Rio » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:27 am

The next step in my moving process is finding a barn to take my nag to.

Ideally, now that she's 100% sound again, I would love to find a full service place with lots of turnout and an arena, trails etc. Somewhere we can get back into a routine of schooling (it's been years and years) and not have to take the winter off.

Well, I've got two places lined up to see - one is exactly the above, but of course it's way out of my budget. Still, I'm going to look because you never know when there might be an opportunity to work off some of the board, or when a bag of money will fall from the sky into your lap.

The other place is about at the opposite end of the spectrum - bare bones, but then again, bare bones boarding costs as well. And I can add feed, supplements etc. as much as I want, and the BO will feed it.

So, wish me luck please! My head tells me I *should* be satisfied with the bare bones place, so long as she will be looked after well. But man oh man, my heart really wants an indoor!!
Rio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Sodapoppers » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck Rio! Where abouts are you looking to relocate? Maybe there is someone on the BB who knows of a place that is just what you are looking for :) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Rio » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:34 am

Thanks SP! :D

I'm moving to the Stratford area... if anyone has any reccomendations, please, by all means PM me. I'm just a bit leery of openly discussing specifics about boarding stables on the board. You never know who's reading!

I've got my fingers crossed that one of these places will work. I'm just so happy she's sound now, I would love to take advantage of it year round. Sadly, moving has not turned me into a millionaire overnight. Darn it. ;)
Rio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey Rio!  You will be in my neck o' the woods (I'm in Kitchener).  I know some of the barns out your way.  PM me if you want to know the ones to avoid #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//ermm.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And, if I were you, now that we're coming into summer, I'd go for the place with no indoor.  That'll give you a chance to shop around once you get here and possibly move to a barn with an indoor in the fall (why pay for an indoor if you're not going to use it in the nice months??).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *rickie* » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Rio.....I thought you were moving to London....my dear....You have a PM...I know of a great place, which to me, doesn't have a high price, but that has an area!!!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby SPYDER » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The first place sound great.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
God is not the force that saves me from the pain of living, but the force that brings me life in the midst of pain and sorrow.
SPYDER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tandy » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Where did you end up moving to?  PM me if you want...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Tandy

Postby graciespook » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I saw Chenders post and thought to myself..."Is she mad? We're coming into winter not summer!" Then I read the date :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby tackforu » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#pity your not in our neck of the woods, we don't have an indoor, but the one down the road is rented out to us in the winter on weekends, so we just trailer over. It is a little inconvenient so we are planning on putting our own arena soon or it will have to wait till the spring. Maybe you could find a situation like that?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tackforu
Newbies
Newbies

Return to General