Western lessons around Alliston, ON?

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Western lessons around Alliston, ON?

Postby Erika » Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN lang=EN-CA#ed_cl#Hey guys,#ed_op#?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN lang=EN-CA#ed_cl# #ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN lang=EN-CA#ed_cl#I'm a dressage person through and through, but I have been approached by good friends of ours who are interested in lessons (mom & daughter).  The daughter is 5 and as most people know, the interest in horses isn't always consistent.  The mom on the other hand, I think is more serious - they do have a property which could house horses adequately and she mentioned wanting to trail ride – they have plenty of trail riding available on the home property.#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN lang=EN-CA#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl# #ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN lang=EN-CA#ed_cl#The feeling I have is that they'd be more open to learning how to ride western - yes, I know "western" is just a saddle, and good basics are good basics, but I don't see either one of them interested in dressage or hunter/jumper stuff.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#To top it off, where I ride now is a 40 minute drive each way and with another small child, she just can’t devote that amount of time in a car.#ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN lang=EN-CA#ed_cl# #ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN lang=EN-CA#ed_cl#I suggested that lessons would be a good start, and that part-boarding would be the next step - and if she was really into the horse thing, then certainly the next step would to be to purchase a couple bomb-proof horses and bring them home.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#   #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#The mom seemed open to my suggestion and wasn’t thinking of just getting horses right away, and then learning... which is great! #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN lang=EN-CA#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl# #ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN lang=EN-CA#ed_cl#Soo... if you’ve made it to the end of this long winded thread, can anyone suggest a coach in the Alliston area?#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#I’ve checked out the OEF website, but that only produced a one name and I know that there are good coaches out there, who aren’t certified.#ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN lang=EN-CA#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl# #ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN lang=EN-CA#ed_cl#Thanks in advance,#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN lang=EN-CA#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl# #ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN lang=EN-CA#ed_cl#Erika#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Erika
Newbies
Newbies

Return to General