thank you to a great rider on a much loved horse

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

thank you to a great rider on a much loved horse

Postby pawsnhooves » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I experienced the absolute delight of seeing an amazing rider take my beloved mare on the most beautiful ride.  If you haven't seen Adpaga ride, you are really missing something.  Yesterday she agreed to ride around the arena on my gorgeous girl.  I ride almost daily but it is not even close to the same thing, Adpaga can effortlessly, make a horse dance.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#After 8 and a half years together ( I got her when she was 2 and I was totally new to riding)  my mare and I have our ups and downs as we learned from eachother.  Green horse and greener rider, I was just so grateful that she didn't kill me in the first years.  After all of that time, I had thought I had just about seen everything my mare could do...WRONG!  Adpaga hops up there and suddenly my horse, who is in my eyes a beautiful girl, became the most stunning example of her breed (Friesian) that I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.  I am soooo excited!!!!   I have renewed enthusiasm for a horse I already adored.  Isn't it great when good people want to help you...Thanks Adpaga from both of us.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//horsehead2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.-Mahatma Gandhi
pawsnhooves
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yep, I know that feeling well. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I reached what was to me a major accomplishment this year - my horse now goes as well for me as he does for my coach.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby pmc » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:25 am

Ruth wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#- my horse now goes as well for me as he does for my coach.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Yup, Ruth, that *would* be the ultimate achievement!  Congrats! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#And what a wonderful thing for you to have experienced, pawsnhooves!  To see the horse you love beautifully ridden and responding in kind.  Awesome!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby chenders01 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Awwww, a Fresian <drooooooooooooooooool>!!!!!  Would love to see your girl in action.  Fresians are truly impressive animals.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i'm with chenders.....::wipes away drool::#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that must have been an awesome sight!! now you know how much more your horse can do for you when you reach that plateau!! congrats! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and to have a horse go as well for me as it does for my coahc, yes ruth, you're right - that would be an ultimate achievement!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#awww, friesens are so beautiful. My mom wants one haha. I would love to see pics of her!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:08 pm

What a lovely post. One day you will be able to make her dance like that. She sounds gorgeous.
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats I am sure she was going amazingly, I can picture the 2 of them together it must have been quite the site!  Maybe I'll get to see it IF I get my butt up there again...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Lix » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What a sweet post!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It must have been very nice to watch.  I'd love to see my mare go all nice as well! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby pawsnhooves » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks everyone.  I will post pictures of Vixen soon, Friesians are truly wonderful and Vixen's kind heart is probably the only reason I have survived during these past years of trial and error riding.  She is one of 3 that belong to us and all of them are wonderful and kind and have truly looked after us as we learned all about horses.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Zooka, you do need to come back soon, the trails are all groomed and Galen and Gideon are raring to go.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.-Mahatma Gandhi
pawsnhooves
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: thank you to a great rider on a much loved horse

Postby Adpaga » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:23 pm

pawsnhooves wrote:#ed_op#div#ed_cl#After 8 and a half years together ( I
got her when she was 2 and I was totally new to riding)  my mare
and I have our ups and downs as we learned from eachother.  Green
horse and greener rider, I was just so grateful that she didn't kill me
in the first years.  After all of that time, I had thought I
had just about seen everything my mare could do...#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#img src="richedit/smileys//smiley9.gif"#ed_cl#thank you for the lovely
compliment Pawnshooves! Nevertheless, don't forget that if you hadn't
let your ladyhorse develop into a trusting, giving horse, she would
never ever have been able to respond so generously to the demands of a
foreing rider. Thanks to your care and softness, she has showed as much
trust as the best young horses would, and this after 8+ years of
educating you. It's the greatest compliment to his/her rider if a horse
gives his/her heart out to someone with a different technical knowledge
(I mean dressage versus pleasure riding) who gets to ride him/her. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
So please, and this is to all of you who don't think yourself as
competitive or "good enough". Fancy advanced riding is not always the
key to good riding. But nice, simple, quality riding will take your
horses and yourself on better trails then anything else. Keep your
horses happy, soft and willing, and you will have achieved the most
difficult part of riding, and can call yourselves  horsepersons.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Remember: happiness is a way of travel, not a destination
Adpaga
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Katie » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What wonderful, heartwarming posts.  Thanks you two, you gave me a great start to my day.  And yes, pictures!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Katie

Postby Promise » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Aw thats awesome :) And definitely - Friesans are gorgeous! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe its a goal that you can work towards #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

<3 Guinness ~ Buckskin Beauty
Promise
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Faulmer » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OH those Friesians how i love them sooo vixen is a good girl and did look absolutly amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#YAY Faulmer#ed_op#IMG style="WIDTH: 141px; HEIGHT: 116px" height=37 src="/richedit/cliparts/5.gif" width=141#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Faulmer
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Pictures? ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to General