Stall signs

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Stall signs

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well tomorrow i have the day off school and thought it would be a good time to make Andy a stall sign. First imust say my creativity level is 0! I tried going on the Michaels website to find letters, blocks of wood exc. and nothing! Maybe i just need to go there. But i need my bother to drive me tomorrow and he wouldn't be happy about driving all around the city for nothing. I could go to greenhawk and just get a brass one but the rest of the horses have cute fun ones. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyone have any ideas on like what to do! lol, where to get letters, wood, exc.   Feel free to post what yours looks like so i can steal your ideas#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#my cousin does wood working and one year for christmas he made a beautiful sign out of mahogany wood (pretty sure its mahogany) for me. He beveled her name a tiny bit into the wood, enough to the creveces and lines of the wood (as the rest was smooth and polished) and used gold paint and lightly dry brushed it over the letters in her name so that you can still see some of the lines and stuff from the wood. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very pretty, I will take a picture of it tomorow, obviously its on her stall door right now lol. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think soda has really cool signs for dream and harveys stalls. I think I remember seeing pics of them so she will probly post hers. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Sodapoppers » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#hehe...yes I got my 2 stall signs done by Infamous Luna on here. I understand though that she's been busy moving so it would probably be a while before she gets any emails.  Here's one stall sign#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://x2.putfile.com/4/11412350084.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kaleena » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I made one for Cirrus from the stuff at Michaels. You just need to go there and pick out what you want. The one that I went to had 2 or 3 different sizes of letters and styles. There are also lots of different pieces of wood to pick from for a background. You can get your paint there too. Also depending on what kind of look you are going for they had these cute little shapes already pre-cut and painted, the ones that I liked were little carrots and apples. I also suggest getting some kind of finish to paint or spray on after the paint is dry to make it shiney and to protect it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Have you picked out Andy's colours yet? Cirrus' are navy blue and gold :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Have fun!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, Luna does a great job, and has been busy, but is still taking orders. I have her contact info if you are interested. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#does she do other paintings as well? or just stall signs?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Sodapoppers » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#She does pencil portraits and paintings..lemme see if i can find her ebay store...#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#http://stores.ebay.ca/Lunas-Equine-Designs ah-ha!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:44 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yes, luna does nice work...i saw the sign for dream in person. it's very nice!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i love the signs that MnR has on her stalls....too cute! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i'd think it would be easy enough to make a sign. go to a craft store & see what you like.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GT has the same stall signs as MnR, made by the same person, except his is a different colour.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im going to Micheals today too see what i can pick up..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#have to ad, WOW the stuff is expencive!! I spent $53.99 or something today my budget was $20.00, i took some stuff back because im a bad shopper get stuff i don't need. But wow, at least the sign will look pretty :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#post a pic when you are done I think it is time for new signs for my guys and I'd love ideas...  I'm a visual person so I need to see them instead of just have them explained #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//knockedout.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby maddys_girl » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:33 pm

Thanks Babytigger, :P I made MnR's stall signs as well as most of them in my barn as well. MnR just got two new ones yesterday...one for Salt and another for Willie.

I work at Michaels....so I'm there quite a bit if anyone needs help! :D
maddys_girl
Groupie
Groupie

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ok, I tool a pic of Xenas sign. Then after I tried taking passport pics of xena after I had her all braided and realized my camera was out of batteries... uggggh... stupid passport pics.Now I will have to re-braid xena. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The sign itself is a bit more reddish. It did come with brass screws but I have lost them, so now they are all mismatched... lol#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/jo_xena/2005_1021Image0001.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tinkerbell27 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My bestfriend just bought the package of small and large velevt letters from Wal-Mart, used them as tracers, then painted (she first painted the back groung colour then traced the letters in and painted then). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If anyone would like to see the work please email me and I can send U a pic of my bestfriends stall plate that she made for her boy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tink#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Tinkerbell27
Newbies
Newbies

Postby MacnRio » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yup, Maddys_girl made all my stall signs, and I LOVE them! Willies and Salts were a surprise though..... got em for my birthday :)  OK, they were a few days early....... Just need to get out and hang them!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When my camera has some battery power, I will take pictures of them and post them, they are awesome!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There is also talk that m_g will make me a farm sign, YAY!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby HappilyEverAfter » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I make all my own stall signs for myself and my friends :) They are handpainted using wooden plaques from Michaels' and just regular old tole paint!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll try and post some pictures when I find the CD they are saved on!! haha!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
HappilyEverAfter
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Addicted2Chestnuts » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well its not a stall sign, but one of my tack trunks. Sort of the same idea just larger item. I painted his show name on the box free hand and then added some extra details and varnished it 5 times to protect it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG style="WIDTH: 434px; HEIGHT: 363px" height=696 src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/colourwithin/Random%20Pics/Tacktrunkfront.jpg" width=758#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/colourwithin/Random%20Pics/tacktrunkCW.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I thought it turned out rather well for a wood box i found in the garbage lol!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#~E~#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~Where ever my horse is, is where I will be~
Addicted2Chestnuts
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Eileen » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:44 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#I don't know how big of a sign you want PP but if $$ is an issue you can make one that will cost you nothing or at least very little.  I have made a number of signs for friends out of barbed wire, (used barbed wire) the older looking the better.  All you need is an old barn board...the older and more weather beaten the better.  It might be best to wear some heavy gloves while working wtih this wire but just use the wire to write your horses name and staple it to the barn board.  You will have to work with the wire in order to get it to lay flat enough to staple it to the bard but it is possible.  good luck   If you think that the barn board and rusty wire is too dull, just spray paint one or the other or both to what every colour scheme you desire. #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Rain pounced on a mini....

Postby goldendryad » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:55 pm

We were all standing around today after a groundwork demo for the 4-H
club. There were about 8 of us. 3 adult horses and owners and then a
girl with the large mini that she rides. The mini was a stud up until
last year and can be kind of studdish. All the mares hate him. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
We were standing there chatting in a group. Rain and my bf were about
5ft away from the group. My bf went to shift his mare over a bit and
out of nowhere she pounced on the mini. Like a cat on a mouse. With her
teeth bared and her ears flattened. Straight up and at him. The girl
that was leaning on him got chucked over when the mini jumped out of
the way. She was fine. It was really weird.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
My bf was so embaressed and gave his mare heck, she's never done anything like that. Don't know where that came from.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Sodapoppers » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Pssssssst....GD...I think your post got mixed up somewhere in cyber space...#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to General