saw the movie 'Dreamer'

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#actually mickey rooney is VERY short... and elizabeth taylor was young in it. I havent seen it in awhile though so I dont remember how tall he was in comparison. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But something that WAS kind of annoying was, in national velvet the pie is a chestnut GELDING, in international velvet the pie is  a BAY STALLION.... lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmm it kinda reminds me of the black stallion where you could find stallions, geldins and even mares playing Black#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Hope03 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:08 pm

Did no one like the movie Seabiscuit? It was one of my favourite movies! I can't wait to see Dreamer but it takes awhile to get into our theatre. I have never seen Pharlap but I think I should. I saw Spirit with my nieces and I was the one crying at the end lol. The only thing i didnt like about that is all the horses had eye brows, it just looked funny. Seabiscuit makes me cry every time I watch it. I was watching a documentary called Jockey, it was one of the saddest things I have watched on TV. They showed a horses leg breaking and the jockey flying off, you can't get much more real than that. :cry: I didn't like the movie Hildalgo for some reason. But of course Black Beauty is still my favourite horse movie!
Hope03
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

re

Postby lola s » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl#My TB fractured his sesamoid in a morning work.  He didn't go down and he took some effort to get pulled up.  It was a really bad break.  The only thing that saved his hide was the fact that I loved him more than the insurance money I would have gotten for him and the guy that owned the other half of him (my boss) knew how much I loved him too.  Not most or all track breaks require the horse to be put down.  Many do try and save them for various reasons.  I'm glad I saved mine.  It was expensive and a long recovery, but he's completely sound and you'd have a hard time picking which leg he injured.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl#The original horse in this movie was based on, broke her cannon bone.  Obviously, she didn't snap it right off, but its still pretty amazing to think she came back from that sort of injury and still race at that level. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl#I can't put National Velvet in with Pharlap or even Seabiscuit (I didn't like it as much, they gave it too much `Hollywood' treatment) mostly because that was pure fiction. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lola s
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Previous

Return to General