Rididng with 1 shoe

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Rididng with 1 shoe

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#never mind hehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Pretty_Pony72 on Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby pmc » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll bet you'll never do *that* again! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hope GT stays sound!  Keep a close eye on him - the lameness, if it develops, could be subtle, but will get worse if he's ridden.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And your coach was right to be angry - she was only thinking of GT.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by pmc on Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Patricia » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This post doesn't even dignify a response....BUT I will try.  Isn't your pony suppose to have foundered?  Why would you jump a pony with only one shoe?  This kind of post just show your lack of maturity and not really thinking of your pony.   #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We were always taught to ONLY jump in lessons with the instructor present.  Don't want to take off any training....All it takes is one refusal and your back to square one.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Aren't you the girl that just got a quiet horse to learn from......?  Isn't this the pony you had an accident on and wasn't he suppose to get more training BEFORE you got back on?  I can see why you coach was disappointed in you.........#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Patriciafor reminding me of my lack of maturity. And thanks for your backround of riding to only jump when an instructor is present#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But like i said no need to remind me of how dumb that was, i ovioulsy know... And yes hes been in training since i fell off..3 times a week everyweek untill he fell then it was a break.. Wow i sound like a great horse owner don't i? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But to ad to my defence im sure when everyone was younger, or the people who still are know the stupid things they did and how dumb they were..But im just dumb enough to post about them #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//ermm.gif"#ed_cl#..im also looking for help and trying to figure out how much damage i may have done, and im trying to FIX my problem.. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Patricia » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well if anything, you learned to hopefully be a 'thinking' rider.  I ALWAYS put my horse first.  I think of him...is the footing good, is he working too hard, is he fed well enough for the work he is doing...etc.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There is no way to tell if any damage was done as I don't know his whole background.  Although, take advantage or your coach and bounce ideas off of her/him.  Ask them questions...often.  #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Posting things after you know you done wrong only gets people to drive that point home.  Good Luck with your riding.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its frustrating because we pay our coaches for their opinion, and when they invest time and energy into you, and you don't follow it, they get disappointed. Hope things turn out ok. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby EatMyDust » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We all make mistakes. And we learn from them.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Angry/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby moongirl » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PP, If I may ask, how long have you had GT and where did you buy him from?  I am just curious to know.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#moon#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
They're magically delicious!
moongirl
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Moon: I got him in Burlington, and less than a year#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//surprised.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Why are you curious to know?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby moongirl » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ah, I see.  I just wondered where he came from ie. auction, private sale, out west, etc. and how long you guys have had your partnership for is all.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
They're magically delicious!
moongirl
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to General