Horse Magazines

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Horse Magazines

Postby Trufflemaker » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What horse magazines do you recommend? (I'm only interested in English disciplines.) There are several magazines available but I want to subscribe to one that gets a big #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif"#ed_cl# from its readers.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby Hev339 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:55 pm

Horse Sport is my fave...for Canadian content and it mostly dressage and jumping stuff. 
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Addicted2Chestnuts » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horse-Canada & Horse Sport are the 2 that i mainly read!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#~E~#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~Where ever my horse is, is where I will be~
Addicted2Chestnuts
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Patricia » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My Fav's are Practical Horsemen and of course Dressage Today.  Actually focuses on some of Canada's riding talent too!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dressage Today! I used to buy it from tack stores, BU I subscribed a little while ago online. I should start getting it soon now. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I dont really like practical horseman or the generic magazines, they sometimes have pretty fishy sounding articles in them. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Piaffing » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dressage Today and Horse Sport#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Chisholm » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:44 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dressage Today is the only one I read now.  It's my breakfast reading material.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#horse sport is what i used to get.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#do you find it has alot of good stuff to read chis? Im excited about getting it... any day now!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Practical Horseman, Practical Horseman and Horse Sport. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby horsemad! » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#Horse Sport is my favourite… and I’ll p/u Practical Horseman from time to time – although it really tends to focus on hunter/jumper stuff…#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl# #ed_op#?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Chisholm » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There is usually at least one good article, this month so far there are two good articles.  And also lots of tidbits throughout.  The ads are also entertaining.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby c_s_h » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#I like #ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#Practical Horseman#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana size=3#ed_cl# and I used to love Young Rider. I sometimes got Horse Sport, depending on the articles. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#0060bf size=3#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#0060bf size=3#ed_cl#Does n e one read Horse Illustrated? How is it?#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>CATS*SOCCER*HORSES</b>

Prairie Gal at Heart
S'toon Rules!
c_s_h
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Shêtân » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I love the Canadian Horse Journal#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#its on all disciplines but is mainly english#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I learned a safety rule
I don’t know who to thank
Don't stand between the reservation and the
corporate bank
They send in federal tanks
It isn’t nice but it’s reality
-Buffy Sainte-Marie
Shêtân
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby flashgordon » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:13 pm

Horse&nbsp; sport!!! Equus sometimes!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
flashgordon
Groupie
Groupie

Postby LucasL » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I just subscribed to a dressage magazine in dvd format - it sounded interesting. I also subscribed to the Karl Mikolka newsletter, so I should be getting a whole year's worth shortly. If it's as good as I hear, I am going to subscribe next year as well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
LucasL
Groupie
Groupie

Postby graciespook » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:36 am

flashgordon wrote:Horse&nbsp; sport!!! Equus sometimes!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I haven't read Equus in a long time. I used to love it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Trufflemaker » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for the tips! I ordered a subscription to Horse Sport. I have read it a couple of times, and lots of people here seem to recommend it. Can't wait to have it coming to my postbox.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby ArabJumper » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:50 pm

the Horse journal, excellant, best one out there.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I used to read equus before but some of their info inst that accurate all the time. They are still ok. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
ArabJumper
Newbies
Newbies

Postby EatMyDust » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I read horse illustrated. Theres some english stuff, but alot of western.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Another good one is horse canada, and horse sport.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Return to General