stuff for growing manes and tails?

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Postby Patricia » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If the sound of that nylon tail bag scares your horse use a plain old sweat/tube sock.  I poke two holes in at the top.  Now here is another use for bailing twine...I use twine and run it through the holes and fasten at the end of the tailbone where the braid begins.  The hairs do not break either.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ahh..baler twine.....kind of like duct tape. Seldom used by horse people for its *real purpose*#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Chisholm » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:02 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I guess I will have to experiment and see what works.  Better do it soon before it gets too cold.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena- poor Chis was sent away for bombproof training by his previous owner and it was some young kid doing it.  Thought tying a plastic bag to his  tail was sacking out.  He is much better now about bags in general.  But the idea of tying one to his tail does not appeal to me, and I'm sure it won't appeal to him either. LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow... the more I hear about stuff that she has done, the more im glad I will never have to deal with her. My coach just sold her horse to her a month or so ago, she bitted him out with a pelham and everything so her daughter or someone could ride him and he came back less then a month later and they were claiming he is so bad ect ect, bucking, taking off. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Right now he resists the bit so much from the yanking on the pelham ect, he literally freaks out when you have any contact.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This was a horse who was green but very well trained and had started leg yeilds and shoulder in and is having to be totally re-trained basically because of her. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:16 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And we all know how frustrated re-training is vs training. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Previous

Return to General