Over bitting

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Postby babytigger » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:36 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ok ok dee -we heard you!!!!!!!!!!!1#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#seriously though....look att he basic training first before deciding to over bit or over tack - only do that if it's absolutely imperative for a variety of reasons.....take it one day at a time with hacking as some horses just don't "get it"#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol thats it dee... a kimberwich... lol I couldnt think of it when I was posting. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But ya, for a green OTTB you should be bitting up just to trail ride, this means that A- he is too much for you or B- he has not had proper training. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Sodapoppers » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#LMFAO, Dee, you post whore!! Are you trying to kick me out of my #10 spot? ;)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#DID EVERYONE HEAR ME!!?? I SAID KIMBERWICK! #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#LOL, no, seriously guys, sorry about that, not sure what happened there #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/3.gif"#ed_cl#.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So *thats* how we get to the top ten spots ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So *thats* how we get to the top ten spots ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:53 am

graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:54 am

graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry guys, I swear that was an error...really..I swear. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I got a fatal error message and it said it timed out?? Then when I came back to repost the above message I had a few sitting there already :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ssuuuurrre, Gracie, yup, mmhmmm, we beleive you...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL, no, that's what happened to me too... except for me it was posting as I was typing because each new post had the next word added LOL... strange..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes...verrryyy strange indeed...ghosts on the board? It is almost halloween ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes...verrryyy strange indeed...ghosts on the board? It is almost halloween ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:34 am

graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, would you two just cut it out??  LOL!!  I came onto this thread to see how it had gotten up to 5 pages so quickly.  Now I know...Dee and Gracie both post-whoring #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway, to get back to the original topic, PP72, is GT the horse you're planning on doing Competitive Trail Riding with next year??  You may want to re-think that plan.  What about trying it with Andy, your new horse?  I'll bet he'd be much better suited to it.  You need a pretty bombproof horse to do CTR.  It doesn't sound, from what you've written, that GT is that bombproof.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:26 pm

chenders01 wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, would you two just cut it out??  LOL!!  I came onto this thread to see how it had gotten up to 5 pages so quickly.  Now I know...Dee and Gracie both post-whoring #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway, to get back to the original topic, PP72, is GT the horse you're planning on doing Competitive Trail Riding with next year??  You may want to re-think that plan.  What about trying it with Andy, your new horse?  I'll bet he'd be much better suited to it.  You need a pretty bombproof horse to do CTR.  It doesn't sound, from what you've written, that GT is that bombproof.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay Chenders the gloves are off! :P #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:35 pm

graciespook wrote:
chenders01 wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, would you two just cut it out??  LOL!!  I came onto this thread to see how it had gotten up to 5 pages so quickly.  Now I know...Dee and Gracie both post-whoring #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay Chenders the gloves are off! :P #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hee-hee!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Who is that in your avatar, btw??  Niiiice horse!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:59 pm

graciespook wrote:
chenders01 wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, would you two just cut it out??  LOL!!  I came onto this thread to see how it had gotten up to 5 pages so quickly.  Now I know...Dee and Gracie both post-whoring #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway, to get back to the original topic, PP72, is GT the horse you're planning on doing Competitive Trail Riding with next year??  You may want to re-think that plan.  What about trying it with Andy, your new horse?  I'll bet he'd be much better suited to it.  You need a pretty bombproof horse to do CTR.  It doesn't sound, from what you've written, that GT is that bombproof.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay Chenders the gloves are off! :P #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Hey! I resent being called a post whore! Better watch out Chenders, Gracie and I might gang up on you! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Gracie - I like your new avitar pic too :)#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:07 pm

chenders01 wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, would you two just cut it out??  LOL!!  I came onto this thread to see how it had gotten up to 5 pages so quickly.  Now I know...Dee and Gracie both post-whoring #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#seriously eh? bunch of post whores!! how come it doesn't do that with my posts? i got up the where i got the ole' fashioned honest way! lol #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/10.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I personally don't think that overbitting is the answer to ANY problem. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, I realize that some horses need a stronger bit, and as you get more advanced, you need a bit to meet your needs but I dont' believe in using a stronger bit just because the horse is out of control- especially in the case of an OTTB- although most are fast, they are sensitive and I think you'd be surprised how responsive they can be to the actual cue of stopping (now doing is a different story, I know). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also agree that training should be looked at first- not putting on a harsher bit.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Also, I dont' think that anyone should take a horse out on a hack if they do not have control a said horse in the ring or if the horse is known to have some behavioural issues- like if it's normal for your horse to bolt- don't take it out on a hack yet because that's just asking for danger! I agree with Mystic- you must take it one step at a time. But safety first! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I ride a horse that was trained on the track and I have only taken her for a hack off property ONCE in the 3 years I've been riding her- she isn't the most comfortable being away from home or going to new places, although she was very well behaved for being her. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:22 am

Dee22 wrote:
graciespook wrote:
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay Chenders the gloves are off! :P #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Hey! I resent being called a post whore! Better watch out Chenders, Gracie and I might gang up on you! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Gracie - I like your new avitar pic too :)#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#The avitar is of Rox Dene--only the prettiest hunter ever! :)#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Previous

Return to General