I Just HAVE to Share!!

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

I Just HAVE to Share!!

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had what was probably my best ride EVER on Tequila last night.  For one thing, I started out the ride WITHOUT the usual butterflies in my stomach that I normally have whenever I mount up.  I guess I have *finally* learned to trust Tequila AND my own abilities.  I would say that my confidence is almost 100% restored #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl#  What a nice feeling, to be able to get on your horse and trust that she's not going to kill you!  I *never* had that feeling with Dali.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, my coach was teaching a lesson to one of his other students.  He set up some ground poles and was asking the student to trot her horse over them.  The student doesn't have a 100% independent seat yet and kept catching her horse in the mouth with the reins, as she was trotting him over the poles.  So, the coach asked me to demonstrate.  Now, Tequila had NEVER been over ground poles before, so I really wasn't sure what to expect.  We walked over them a couple times first and she was fine.  Then we trotted over them and she was PERFECT...didn't hit a single pole and lifted her feet right up over them!!  And, to do these poles, we had to go really close to the "scary" end of the arena, where Tequila usually spooks.  I'm usually nervous, going up there, because she is always very "looky", so I get afraid that she's going to spook.  Well, last night, I just stayed calm, let her look, talked her through it and no spooks at all!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Figuring we were on a roll, I decided to ride her over the "bridge".  I'd walked her over it before but had never ridden her over it, so I really didn't know what to expect.  The first time, I took her up to it and she didn't even hesitate...just took a step up and then sort of tripped, almost landing on her nose LOL!!  We survived though.  Tried again and she walked right over it, calmly, with no worries or resistance whatsoever.  Now, you have to keep in mind that almost everything I've done with this horse has been a fight.  It always has to be HER idea, to do something, so the fact that she walked right over that bridge with NO fight, shows how far we've come in our relationship, and that she trusts me.  What an amazing feeling!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/24.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was just on Cloud 9 last night, and I'm still excited today.  Tequila got tons of "good girls" after doing those poles and the bridge last night, and then treats when I took her back to the barn.  I'm thinking that if I have a mind to, we could probably kick butt next year in the Trail classes, as really not very much phases her.   #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Man, she is just so freaking amazing!!  I just HAD to share with you all #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyone else have an awesome ride lately??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well first off CONGRATS!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And my horse just recently mastered the bridge as well, when before he whispered to me that trolls lived under there and liked to eat horses. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had a so so ride last night, but then again, we're just getting back into it again, so I am more tired and sore than frustrated. But he's accepting little things much better, and there's less resistance all around. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Kaleena » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thats so great to hear Chenders! I'm glad that you *had* to share with us :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It is so nice to hear when people have awesome rides and are enjoying their ponies.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I unfortunatly haven't been able to ride my girl in a long while :( ....just too busy with the new house and puppy. Hopefully I'll get my schedual worked out so that I can start her up again. She's had about a month off. I have still been riding in my tuesday night lessons tho, and they've been great. I got to ride an awesome little dressage gelding two lessons ago and had a great ride. So nice to ride a school master now and then. This week I rode one of the geldings that I help re-train when he first came to us about 5 years ago, such a sweety and he still remembered what I taught him even though he hasn't been asked to come under himself in god knows how long lol.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:08 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#wow, another small step toward your goal of having the confidence in riding, congrats to you and your horse...lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:09 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#That sounds like a great ride!!! It seems like she's come a long way, now your a team hehe. Good thing she was good over the poles, don't you just hate it when your demonstrating(sp?) something and you do it wrong#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/15.gif"#ed_cl#..#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#I was going to post about my ride last night, but didn't want to make a new thred, so i'll post about it here since you asked:)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#Last night i rode GT, and here's what it was like out, spitting kind of, maybe a drop every 3 mins. it was 7, so that is now very very dark. We put the outdoor lights on and there was the windy scary corn field and the scary boat monsters! There are boats and cars, trailers exc. lined up at one side of the ring. Anyway i got on him, walked around both ways for a while, then went up to trot. And i havn't really been riding him so it was a lot of me learning what he takes again. So we worked on circles mostly. I sat there telling him he was good, working on walk, trot, walk hault, walk hault, trot, hault exc. tranisions. Everytime i felt nervious i would say "awsome" Some one wrote that in a post to say when they get nervious or something so i did :)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#There was another person in the ring working on stuff mosty canter and such, we were going down the long side by the scary boats and GT took a big step/ jump over and bit the bit and pulled. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/3.gif"#ed_cl#So what did i do? Gave him his head and sat deep into my seat and told him to stop with my body. Took a while longer but i had a better position if he tried to kill me so thats good enough! And why was this a good ride?? When he did that i accually thought about it and knew i shouldn't yank on his face to stop. Like after i did that i was like OMG OMG I KNEW WHAT TO DO!!!! Maybe i could have prevented something? Maybe not but i was just amazed like i thought of it after : Big horse, about to spook, pitch black out, road 20 ft away, wow im smart and love EC..#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#So i want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped me get threw everything and give advice to relax and learn how to sit and stop a bolting/ spooking ex-race horse#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Littlegreymare » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:17 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#I had a great ride last night too! :) And the same kind of awe feeling as you chenders.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#Due to being sick and the weather and what not, I hadn't ridden in a week and Bruiser was clearly showing signs that he was bored, and wanting to devise ways to cause trouble :p#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#So I rushed home from work to get a nice ride in before dark.  He was so relaxed and ho-hum while I tacked up, and we headed out to the fields. We were out for about 40 minutes, got in a nice canter and even a bit of a gallop. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#I just love working with him, because for the first time ever I have a horse that is completely relaxed, sensible and attentive to *me*.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#The entire time he didn't once suggest heading home, didn't spook, didn't take off...every other horse I've had has always been so herd bound that hacking alone was always an effort. And they always strongly suggested veering in the direction of home, or made up excuses to be nervous about things.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#But he's just brave and laid back, I guess he's young enough to not know that certain things, aka traffic, water, raccoons in trees etc. are supposed to be scary :)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#Afterwards he just stood relaxed and ground-tied in the barn while I mucked out his stall, quietly observing the other horses coming and going around him. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#After having so many horses who need to be slowed down rather than sped up, it's so nice to have a few now who are relaxed and it's so much easier to enjoy riding and working with them :-)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Littlegreymare
Groupie
Groupie

Postby babytigger » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that's great you guys!!!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#congrats on all your progress & your great rides!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby BBelleTB » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ooh! ooh! ooh! I did I did!!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As some of you may know from the EMG board, I have just started riding a 3 y/o Hanoverian/TB/Paint cross who lives at executive boarding!  The other night, I think it was tuesday, I went up and got on him for the second time... The first time was the first time I've ridden in over two years (aside from hacking with friends) and he is a BIG QUIET gentleman... especially for a 3 yo, but my legs arms back and ribs were all killing me from muscles I hadn't used in quite some time! I think he also tested me, as he put on the brakes a few times, and tested the steering.  However on Tuesday he was an absolute angel, it renewed my confidence in my ablities and also confirmed that I think we have a good bond developing, and will be good partners for a little while!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It feels so good to be back in the realm again... like all things are normal in my world again!!  Just being in the barn, cleaning stalls and being around the horses again makes me feel normal... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BBelleTB
Groupie
Groupie

Postby jax » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Great news, Chenders!  Glad to hear things are going as they should! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Boomer has in general really started to carry himself and is going really well. He is opinionated enough that he will always argue a little here and there, but it's been a long time since he's done much worse than the odd buck or decision to leave the outdoor ring when I ride in the morning. He has certain&nbsp;ideas about being ridden when he&nbsp;thinks he should&nbsp;eating. &nbsp;He's not spooky or difficult, he just requires riding, not passengering. Otherwise you get taken for a ride all right!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:56 pm

Congratulations to Chenders and everyone on their great rides.
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby goldendryad » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Way to go! You people are on a role.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats on the fantastic rides!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ooo! Congrats Chenders on the good riding!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glad to hear everyone else had a good ride too.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had a good ride tonight too- except for the saddle I was riding in- UGH! Zippy was used in a lesson before I got there, so I didn't get to pick the saddle and this one was so uncomfortable for my thighs. But other than that, Zippy was good. Nice and relaxed and calm. She's learning quite well. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby EatMyDust » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats Chenders.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You know that scary end of the arena, may be threatning your horse! lol...maybe it wants to eat her...hehe...Dusty used to be the same when I first took to my instructors...oh look...the wood...its teeth are so big! haha... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had a good ride tonight...well the last part at least. It wasnt actually great...but like...I dunno. Dusty was really spooky again tonight. He was spinning in circles, and jumping everywhere. At first I was reallly uptight about it. But then I was like...I have the power, why should he get to push me around. So I sat deep, and instead of being completly silent I burst out laughing. I just laughed and laughed and laughed. Then I realized...these spooks are actually really funny, come on...like seriously its a tree for gods sake! So I just laughed. He finally settled down, but I had to get off and he went at it again. I didnt laugh this time, I just ignored him really...took control from the ground and walked forward. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It was actually a very comfy ride, Smoooth as a smmoooothy....hehe cheezy I know!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats to everyone whos having success...its wearing off on me!lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby LucasL » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good for you chenders - you will probably be able to look back at that ride as the turning point for you and Tequila in the future! I had issues with my gelding when I first got him, but now I would trust him with absolutely anything.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had a fantastic lesson today - my horse is cantering 10 meter circles in both directions and his counter canter is now very solid. We learned a new&nbsp;exercise today (haunches in to shoulder in to haunches out) and he did it well in both directions. His half pass is also coming along! (Any problems are solely due to pilot error.)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When I got home I looked at my dressage tests and realized that my goal of showing second level by the end of next summer should be very reachable. (Have I mentioned that I love my coach????)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hope everyone continues to have good rides and enjoyed the nice weather today.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
LucasL
Groupie
Groupie

Postby lokukac » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders, I am very happy for you!!! Finding your confidence is a HUGE thing!&nbsp;Just before &nbsp;finding the harmony with your horse.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lokukac
Groupie
Groupie

Postby chenders01 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks, everyone!&nbsp; And congrats to all of you who are also having great rides.&nbsp; Lucas, that is awesome!!&nbsp; I can't even imagine ever being as far along as you are.&nbsp; One of these days, when I decide to switch back to dressage, I think I'll be giving your coach a call &nbsp;#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had another lesson yesterday morning, and WOW, what a difference from even a week ago.&nbsp; Now that I am almost 100% calm and relaxed on Tequila, she can do just about anything and I am OKAY with it (for the most part...I still sometimes get a little tense but I'm able to breathe deeply and relax again).&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She was a little "up" yesterday but I didn't let it get to me.&nbsp; Even when she had a BIG spook close to the scary end of the arena and did a mini-bolt to the other end, I was okay with it.&nbsp; I remembered to sit back which made ALL the difference (in the past, I would've assumed the fetal position LOL!!).&nbsp; Taking lessons from the BO has been a god-send for me!&nbsp; Even people who were watching, commented on how far Tequila and I have come just in the past few&nbsp;weeks.&nbsp; It feels sooooo good to see improvement.&nbsp; My coach commented on how nicely Tequila's butt muscles are developing...and she is learning to carry herself better - woohoo!!&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm hoping to get out for a trail ride today.&nbsp; It's going to be gorgeous and Tequila really deserves a break from all the ring-work we've been doing.&nbsp; I'm going to take my new digital camera and will try to get some pics.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Patricia » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey congrats on a turning point.&nbsp; Could it just be you were so focused on the trotting poles that you were so relaxed and forgot about tensing for the scarey corner.....LOL!?&nbsp; There is no looking back now....If it were me I would do all my work in that so called scarey corner to the point she is bored there.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Confidence is a hard thing to have and keep.&nbsp; I may be good with one horse but lack the trust in another.&nbsp; Although, I try even more to ride like nothing bothers me.&nbsp; They can read so much in our seatbones and how we sit.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#congratulations chenders... sounds like you guys are doing great!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We had a great lesson this morning, my coach was all full of how&nbsp;well Boomer's going and how good I look up there. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/10.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp;Now, it wasn't all glowing praise, we still do need to stop him leaning on my leg a little in the corners - he needs not to lean at all. He does also still argue here and there - there was one point in the lesson where he decided he needed to stretch his neck down and I ended up like a kid on a pony that needs grass reins. Of course I end up laughing too hard and have a hard time correcting him through my gales of laughter half way down his neck.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#One of the nice things about Boomer is that he learns new movements easily, especially lateral work is nothing to him, so we work more on how well he does movements, and lengthenings/mediums which are Mr. Lazy Butt's weak point. He also likes to do the right to left flying change in a haunches left postion, so that needs to be straightened out, but the left to right is&nbsp;clean and straight, and he has lost the airs above the ground that he felt needed to accompany flying changes. As long as I do them in context, he's fine, he still does get a little excited if I do changes from counter-canter on the long side or out of half-pass.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now if only we can both stay sound through next show season....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Next

Return to General