Another Interesting Ride

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Another Interesting Ride

Postby EatMyDust » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, It was finally a perfect riding night, so I called up the neighbor and asked if she wanted to go riding. We agreed to meet in 20 minutes. So I ran down, groomed, and tacked up. I got my dad to walk me until I met the neighbor, just in case I ended up on my butt again. So I went and lunged Dusty first(very interesting) I dont think Ive ever seen a horse canter and somehow eat at the same time. And went on with my ride. So me and my dad set off down the path. Well since its harvest time, we have one of those BIG white bins for corn out in the middle of the field. I swear if Dustys head was up any more, then I would've knocked out. So dad led Dusty around it. He was so tense, I could feel his heart through the saddle. Dad was ahead, and since Dusty loves my dad, we pranced(very interesting also) .We finally saw my neighbor. Our prance was ended by all 4 hooves planted to the ground. Tall straight up in the air and head so high it was in the clouds(j/k) So we stood there and decided where we were going to go. Since my indiot brother was out ATVing and had already spooked the neighbors pony, we decided to continue on the path around my property with my dad, and just work on flat work. We were walking along, and my dad stopped to talk to the other neighbor. We continued on. Dusty was so upset about leaving, he spun around in circles for like 5 minutes, and we also noticed that there were some people at the side of the road taking pictures of us(lovely, a acting up horse) So I dismounted and just walked him. Dusty then notices the other horses at the neighbors house, you would have swore that he had never seem them before(he sees them everyday#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Word_Negative/1.gif"#ed_cl#) He was snorting like mad, and his tail was high up, it was laying across his back, and on the saddle. I just laughed. It is very comical watching this horse prance around like a 2 year old. Well we get to the hay field, and I go to get on...yeah right. He wont stand still and I wasnt going to take any chances of falling off again, so I walked him. Finally got on. Well I dont know if this is right, but when since arabs are so excited, thats why they are so smooth. Since Dusty was so excited, his trot was from heaven, and his canter, I didnt move ONE INCH outta that saddle. I stayed in the same position...absolutly no movement outta me what SO ever! I finished up with a round of the barrel pattern...he was completly sonked out...didnt realize where he was going. And I we ended with a nice canter, a slow jog, and a funny walk.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby pmc » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:48 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#How about trying to get your parents to send your brother to boarding school?  Seems like most of your horsey problems have been caused by him...  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol pmc#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#sounds like quite the ride you had!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby EatMyDust » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol...PLEASE!!!!!! THATS MY DREAM!!!!!!! GET RID OF HIM! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It was interesting and fun....lol...I havent had a ride like that in quite a while...(i mean a fun one) I just suddenly thought, if you dont care then itll be a better ride...so I didnt care, I jsut went with what he was doing....and it turned out to be a joke...lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby zooka » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that is great.  It seems to be the trick if you can relax and just go with it although it is easier said then done!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's true sometimes you just have to laught it off- he will learn. I also think it was a good idea of you to just keep walking him- keep yourself safe, but at the same time he'll learn that he can't just get out work if he acts up, and eventually he'll get used to it all- also good to have someone walk you around. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby EatMyDust » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lol, yeah that was the only way to calm him down. I had the neighbor, but she was having problems with her pony. But today when I went for a ride with my dad, I couldnt calm myself down. I was really upset because my mom just grounded me for 2 weeks. So Dusty freaked out to.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby graciespook » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horses can sense that you know---when you aren't relaxed, they have a hard time relaxing, and vice versa. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:39 am

graciespook wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horses can sense that you know---when you aren't relaxed, they have a hard time relaxing, and vice versa. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ummm yep!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#if you're upset & tense, they sense it.....they are extremely sensitive, some more than others, and it sounds llike you've got a fairly sensitive guy there......just try to relax & have fun....if he's being a dork, then either go with it, or get off him, work on soemthing else, move to another area......plus as we all know, in the crisp fall weather....things they've always seen all of a sudden tend to take on a whole new meaning...i've always found most horse are a little "freakish" once the weather gets cooler, but they get over it & settle down.....probably freaking out because they know that winter is coming & are afraid of losing the nice weather of summer! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Return to General