Remembering Why I Love Riding..

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Remembering Why I Love Riding..

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well Andy has helped me remember why I love riding again! I rode him on Sunday and he was perfict. I love him so much. This is long so sorry, but pls read :) lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well it started out as me going to the barn with BO problems lol that sounds funny..Barn Owner problems so i wasn't in a good mood at all. I tacked up Andy in red, i was wearing it too didn't relized it untill after. Another girl 9yo who rode GT was riding Roxi( pony mare who reirs(sp?) and tries to bolt) Why she was on Roxi- i have noo idea!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway my coach was having me do sitting trot, and working on my hunter/riding position. So i got to ride with the whip holding my elbows back, that was great fun! So i wasfocusing on keeping my head balanced on my neck looking straight forward, heals down, leg not moving, using my seat and BAM out of no where the mare just starts flipping out the girl on her starts yelling! I was thinking "Oh god..anything but yelling". I stopped Andy right away and moved the whip into my hands so it wouldn't freak him out or maybe hit him. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The girl was fine, staryed on what ever. So i go back to my hunter fun, and i got the whip taken away #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif"#ed_cl# so that must mean im getting the hang of it more. After going around a couple times my coach says " Okay, lose your stirups and do posting trot" Of coarse she had a HUGE smile on her face mine was more like#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/1.gif"#ed_cl#. hehe so anyway i was horrible at that and iknew i would be! But i got the whole dressage sitting on your seat bone/tail bone thing going on and WOW is it ever easier now!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#After about 10 minutes of pain and embarrasement i am told to do 2 point and go over some trot polls. I havn't jumped since the summer, but i love doing it anyway!So we do trot polls and i feel like my 2 point is horrible, and my mom was taking pics and YAH it was horrible! Then once again BAM out of no where the mare starts to flip out reirs(sp?) bolts, i stop Andy again dead in his tracks and the kid comes flying off. Looked like she was dragged abit but it was just the way she fell i think, and they were safty stirrups too. So i jump off Andy as fast as i can and catch the mare. Of coarse she's fine so i got my mom to hold onto Andy while i held onto the mare. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Girl was fine, i let her sit on Andy just to get back on. He was soo good, she was like "easy, easy, easy, easy" every step so i told her to not do that just sing a song to him it will keep him busy. I told her to do that with the mare and it relaxed both of them..for a bit LOL. When i tell my horses easy, its when theyre going full speed not at a flippin walk. But she was nervious so i give it to her.So i stole my horse back and she got on the mare again.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I went threw level 1 dressage test with him while my coach was talking to the girl omg, i wasn't working on making my corners and circles rounded, just trying to see what he will do with the least amount of leg and seat commands he was amazing!! So we jumped a bit, smallest X you would have ever seen, he jumped though and was so good. I was horrible, i saw the pics and laughed. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Whats so amazing about him, even though he was tired, worked pretty hard, didn't over work him but he still kept on going. Unlike GT whos like MAKE ME after going around the ring once. So the point of this post was, well 2 points i just had to share about this good ride. It may sound horrible but OMG riding Andy made me remember why i started riding, riding him gave me that feeling again. Eventhought my position was bad, another horse was freaking out he was so good. I'm usually hard on myself if i have bad position, but that horse just makes me feel so good when im riding him. From being upset when i arived at the barn to not being able to wait untill i can ride him again. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We went to greenhawk and picked him up a few needed, and unneeded things. Thanks for listening!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby EatMyDust » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good work pp72!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horses arent so scary now are they, lol. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Andy sounds perfect! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby zooka » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#what a good guy Andy is.  Horses are great when they have a head on their shoulders!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Hev339 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:21 pm

Andy sounds like just what the Dr. ordered for you, PP72...keep having fun with him. #ed_op#img src="richedit/smileys/Word_Positive/1.gif"#ed_cl#
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and that's why i said good for you for getting a horse like andy - he's just what you needed!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#glad you had a good ride! this is what is should be about!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby *Giddy Up* » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Don't you love a good quiet horse? They are worth the world. Andy sounds like a very good boy- and seems to be doing wonders for you. I'm sure he is the answer you needed. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Lix » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PP72!  That's is great!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm so happy for you... as others have mentioned, it was the right timing to get this great horse.  He sounds like he is worth his weight in gold!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Return to General