too wierd

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

too wierd

Postby Megan Ball » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ok so I posted a new topic yesterday and I go to check it and it's not there!! ANywho, I got a free lease pony yesterday! His name is Cal and he's a Reg'd Arab, 14HH, 5 yrs old, almost a solid bay, he has a very tiny star. So he came from the Ottawa area and was off loaded onto my property when my farrier was there! Good thing too, cause he was in desparate need of a trim! Like he's never been trimmed before! So he's off loaded onto a strange property and a stranger takes him(me) into a strange barn where he's attacked by my farrier! He was pretty good for his first trim! Justa couple of small rears(like 1-2 feet) and some hard wiggles with the back hooves. He had that look in his eyes like" what in the he** is going on!!", but he didn't have any panic in him, just a little bit worried! So I'm going to take some pics today of him when I get a chance and if we can find the usp cord I'll load them onto the comp so you guys can see him! Today I have someone taking a look at Beauty too so wish me luck!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby Eileen » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:04 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Yes Megan it is wierd, apparently we have lost all the posts from Nov 4....some of us have posted on EC Feedback and it looks like a new server is maybe to blame...not sure, but looks a little suspicious.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Glad you are so happy with your new pony, he sounds like he is a keeper already...#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kobau » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow... congrats Megan, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And guess that explains what happens to my thread yesterday also!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Megan Ball » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That would explain things! Thanks, Eileen! No pics yet. Pony showing was good, they showed up just as me and my last lesson kids were brushing Beauty down. The little girl was even picking out Beauty's hooves when they arrived!! SO they got to see how Beauty acts around small kids and how well behaved she is about small kids picking out her hooves! WIsh me luck in selling this girl!! And in a successful ride on Cal! If he works out, he will be a good schoolie!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby Megan Ball » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, so I tried out Cal, who by the way Both the owner and I were told that he walks and trots just fine, has never been backed before!! So I got bucked off today! It wasn't a bad fall, just landed on my butt and then watched him proced to bronco buck around the arena. So the owner is going to get a surprize when I tell her that she was lied to!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We always lose the good posts..lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats on the pony! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well meagan that sucks about cal.....why would people lie? so silly!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#good luck with him though!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby chenders01 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry to hear about getting bucked off.  You've left out some details though.  You've taken this pony on as a free lease.  Did you not watch him being ridden before you loaded him onto a trailer to come to your place??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Will you be sending him back, since he's not what he was reported to be?  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby sugar » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:09 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#How do you *know* he has never been backed before?  This was my experience:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And I have had a free lease come to my place.  Training done and paid for by the owner   she hit the roof when she found out that she had paid for training that hadn't been done.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We saddled and bridled the horse for the first time and it was freaking and reared in it's stall, fell to the ground after we put the saddle on and shook all the way out to the paddock.  We believed we were working with a broke horse!  We thought she was just way too nervous.  I mounted it after calming her down and then she was prepped to blow and I talked her into letting me off first.  She was a nice 8 yr old mare with excellant ground manners fortunately.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We took her back in the barn and gave her a nice "massage and spoiled her a bit and got her calm and happy again.  Then I called the owner who found out she had paid for training that had never been done and risked the life of a good friend to boot.  She was so apologetic to me and just furious with the trainer, though.  I sent her back and got a different horse.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Did your behave similarily?  I have always wondered if her reaction was average or pretty tame because her ground manners were so good..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it
Save a horse - Learn to train
Pasofinos Rule!!
naughtypine-ranch @ hotmail.com
sugar

Postby Megan Ball » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#No he was delivered to my place via owners $$. And no I hadn't seen him being ridden. As for sending him back, no he will stay here for training. We (the owner and I) had a back-up plan if Cal didn't work out as a schoolie. He's here for a month of training/extra-milage, and then if he would be good enough I would put him as a schoolie, but at the end of the month, if he was not suitable, then he would go back to owner. SO we covered a lot, just in case of something happening where he just wasn't trained enough to be a schoolie or just wasn't the schoolie type pony. And don't worry, she is paying me to keep him here for the 1 month, so I'm not being taken advantage of. So, his lunging and ground drive training is going to be started for this month as well as being backed. I'm going to have someone with me for the backing part though, the first buck-off on him wasn't a bad fall, but you never know for the next one.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sounds like a neat arrangement!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well, as least it sounds like you've got your a$$ covered then!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Return to General