Have You Thanked a Barnworker today?

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Have You Thanked a Barnworker today?

Postby Piaffing » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So have you thanked a barnworker today? They work their butt off for your horse for very little pay. They clean stalls, feed, water, sweep turn out and bring your horse in every day. What does a barnworker get in exchange, the boarders usually yelling at them because Muffy didn't get this that or the other thing on time, too soon, not at all or wasn't supposed to get it at all. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So the next time you see a barnworker tell them. THANKYOU for looking after my horse. I'm sure that they will appreciate it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Chisholm » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I guess I have to say Thank You to myself today since this weekend I am taking care of the barn where I board. LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Re: Have You Thanked a Barnworker today?

Postby Pilgram » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:40 pm

Piaffing wrote:#ed_op#div#ed_cl#So have you thanked a barnworker today? They#ed_op#br#ed_cl#work their butt off for your horse for very little pay. They clean#ed_op#br#ed_cl#stalls, feed, water, sweep turn out and bring your horse in every day.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#What does a barnworker get in exchange, the boarders usually yelling at#ed_op#br#ed_cl#them because Muffy didn't get this that or the other thing on time, too#ed_op#br#ed_cl#soon, not at all or wasn't supposed to get it at all. #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#So the next time you see a barnworker tell them. THANKYOU for looking after my horse. I'm sure that they will appreciate it.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#I have to agree with you because i was once a barnworker mind you i#ed_op#br#ed_cl#only cleaned stalls feed and water we split the chores up so the other#ed_op#br#ed_cl#girl would bring the horses in.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby Patricia » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#No one to thank but myself here.  Wish I had a barnworker....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:26 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Yep I guess I should pat myself on my own back, I wish I had a barn worker, it sounds like it would be a great person to have around.  I could sure use one now and then.  Maybe I would get more things done and have more time to ride. lol  #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby moongirl » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Having been one and having had them and being my own now I have to say:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV align=center#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff40ff size=6#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV align=center#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff40ff size=6#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl#THANK YOU BARN STAFFERS!#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
They're magically delicious!
moongirl
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Razzba » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:20 am

Yay! Thank-you ME and Mr. Razzba!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Can't wait until the kids get older and then I can thank them!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Razzba

Postby pmc » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A big thank-you to lifeafterracing!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Last week, she immediately noticed a bit of swelling in Snickers' right hind.  Not an easy thing to spot, either, since he's got them "hairy legs" right now. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl#  She also found some heat in that leg.  Since Snickers then jogged out slightly lame, too, and my vet was coming out to the barn anyway, we decided to let him have a look-see.  Snickers isn't the most sensitive brick in the wall, so for him to show any discomfort at all usually means something is very definitely wrong.  Any "normal" horse would have probably been three-legged lame, whereas, without lar's keen eye, Snickers' discomfort could have been easily overlooked, causing heaven-only-knows-what in the way of additional injury before being noticed.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And since I couldn't be there, lar jogged him for the vet, too.  The vet suspects he's strained his hock, poor man, so he's on bute for a week and gets a little vacation.  Hopefully, he'll be able to go back to regular turnout soon, but right now has to be content with being hand-walked and grazed and getting tons of carrots and love from all of us who just melt at the sight of his pitifully cute face begging for treats and attention.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, thanks, lar !  Not only for the wonderful daily care, but for your ability to spot a potential issue a mile away.  You da bomb! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#(editied for typos)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by pmc on Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Another one who'll thank myself! I agree Eileen, there is so much that needs to be done that doesn't get done because what little time I have off is often spent doing chores.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I do have Boomer boarded, but I would never dream of yelling at the staff. If I have a problem (very rare) I take it to the BO and let him deal with it. They're his staff, not mine.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thank you me!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Aww you shouldn't have#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But you deserve it!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My little convo with myself.. I say thank you to my coach everyday mostly for one thing or another..she also does everything at the barn#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby EatMyDust » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am another one who must thank myself. lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I just spent 4 hours cleaning the barn. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also need to thank my dad though, hes the one who bales the hay and the straw, pays for feed, and yesterday made me a tack room, with REAL saddle racks! no more saddles sitting on the combine, or laying on the feed bins.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby cadence » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, thank you barnworker-me, pat barnworker-me on the back.  Like Patricia, I wish I had some reliable help in my barn.  Pastures to poop scoop, stalls to clean, waters to fill, straw to bring in, hay to stack, fences to review and mend if necessary, horses to bring in and out, horses to train... the list goes on. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyone in Kelowna looking for a job in a barn?  I could use the help! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby lifeafterracing » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:25 pm

pmc wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, thanks, lar !  Not only for the wonderful daily care, but for your ability to spot a potential issue a mile away.  You da bomb! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You are most welcome, pmc !  It really means a lot to those of us who look after others' horses to have our efforts recognized.  Of course, having a great bunch of boarders and a great boss makes my job so much more enjoyable. . . even when I'm having a  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/17.gif"#ed_cl#kind of day.  I seem to have a lot of those LOL !#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would also like to add a  great big THANK YOU to my two part-timers.  I don't know if they post on here, but, ' C ' & ' K ' ... you guys are the best !  (I don't have their permission to post their real names on here, so initials will have to do.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lifeafterracing

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thank you to our barn owners..they take excellent care of my guy and are very caring and compassionate. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Lix » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think anyone who's been a barnworker can fully appreciate those who do it for us now.  It IS hard work.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think it's a great idea to put this post up though.  We do forget too often to say thank you.  I know I do.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I appreciate all the little things that people do.  I know someone keeps taking off Meeka's halter when she's in her stall and I think it's the regular barn worker.  I think that is so sweet of her.  I should probably show my appreciation more!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well, as one who used to do the "gruntwork" it was nice to hear "good job" ot "thank you" once in a while. i worked at  aboarding barn & riding school, and we frequently heard things like that - which was sooooo nice to feel appreciated. frequently from the parents, students & boarders at christmas, the barn staff (the 3-4 of us) would all get something from various people that was just for us to share amongst the other staff.....or they'd being us hot chocolate, or timbits, etc......it was great working around such nice people...i know not all barn staff get that treatment.....and as i've been there, i'll never treat barn staff like some lowly barn worker - they do a huge service to everyone & are entrusted with the everyday care of your horses - be nice to barn staff!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Return to General