Suggestions, anyone?

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:49 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well, i didn't go for university or college....university, IMO, would be, for me, a waste of time with no practical learning experience at all......and i just never got around to going to college (i was looking after a little baby!). i did insist on graduating high school, and then after a few years i went and did some computer classes. education only counts for so much & honestly, from what i've seen, most places look for your relevant experience first......#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#now, about the horse.......if you can keep fre leasing him for now, just do that......there's no immediate reason to buy him right? he's not going to auction or the meat house anytime soon is he? and while a part boarder may not ride exactly the same as you...this is why you have them come see the horse & you, and you check them out, how they handle your horse, how the horse responds to them, etc.....it's not easy to find the perfect PB for your horse, but it can be done.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Foxie » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm another one that is a strong believer in education. You need it in today's world to get more or less a good paying job. Here's an example...my director just got passed over for the VP of Finance because he doesn't have all the education. The man has worked for the company for 20years and is one of the smartest people I've ever met. Goes to show you that experience isn't everything. Although I agree...you can learn anything. For some reason education counts for alot nowadays. I have a very well paying job but I'm still contiuing my education(to get my CGA) so that I can move on in my career. Besides...I had the #ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#BEST#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl# time at University #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/6.gif"#ed_cl# Ahh the stories #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I just bought a horse and the amt of expenses I already have are alot. I could own like 3 Fendi purses. (I love Fendi!!) a pair of Dior sunglasses and 2 pairs of Diesel jeans!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Insurance cost an arm and a leg. I got the most coverage for medical and surgicial (that cost the most). He will need to get his feet done soon and he gets wormed every 3 months(I think that's the schedule). You also need emergency money in case something happens and the vet needs to be called out. Also you need money in general. I believe in having money and not living in debt. It's really a hard way to live if you are always in the hole financially speaking.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ask your parents and see if they are willing to buy the horse or get a job and also work off board. Stores are always looking for holiday help right now.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I really wish you luck Katie with whatever you decide.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re:

Postby Katie1112 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl#I wasn't asking to hear all the costs that come along with horse ownership. I've been around them most of my life, and know that accidents happen, feet need to be done, teeth need to be floated, horses need to be wormed and vaccinated... I know. I also do NOT need to hear about how college is the be all and end all. I hear enough and get enough pressure from this as it is, and was not asking for advice and/or a lecture about going or not going. I know a lot of people who have greatfully succeeded, who have NOT chosen to go post secondary. I was simply asking for advice in which, I have gotten from some of you. I will be taking some resumes around, and may also go in to the temp agency down town. Littlegreymare, and Babytigger... thank you very much for your input-it WAS appreaciated... #ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl#Katie#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Katie1112
Newbies
Newbies

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Id definately look into some sort of post secondary education.  Have you looked at Kemptville at all for their equine programs?  Im assuming a horsey career is what you want but a degree in anything looks good to all jobs.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

Barbaro: We will never know and that will always pain us most
GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:59 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Katie, when you ask for "advice" don't be surprised when some of it is "advice" that you don't necessarily want to hear.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I talked about showing in my response because it was something that you said you wanted to do in your original post.  No offence was intended...it was just a suggestion that you may want to forego showing if your funds are tight.  Oh well... #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#At least you feel that you got some good advice from a couple people.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Lix » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:18 pm

#ed_op#P#ed_cl#Katie - Please do not get defensive.  People are trying to respond to your post by responding to the information you have shared.  I see that posts concurring with you are appreciated but those that haven't agreed with you are quickly dismissed.  The beauty of public boards is getting different opinions - even when it's not what you want to hear.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#On the topic of the horse - I'm of the popular opinion that you should keep up that free lease.  It's the perfect situation.  If, sometime in the future, there is a risk the owner wants to sell, than you could consider buying him at that point.  But cross that bridge when you get there.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I'm going to give my input on education - even if it is not welcome as it is something that I feel strongly about.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I am in my twenties am probably what you described as one of those successful people who do not have any post-secondary education.  I developed an aversion for the education system in my last years of high school, despite the fact that I was an honour roll student.  I had excellent grades in high school - but I feel just about the same way as BT on this topic.  Even now, I would be too pessimistic to attend University - even though I do believe in the benefits of a higher education.  #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I am not knocking anyone who has University education - I think it's wonderful and it's A LOT of work.  I hope to someday have the will to attend as I believe it can benefit any career, including mine.  But I am mature for my age, I have my priorities straight and I do not think *I* personally needed the University years to help me grow and learn (granted I'm not a very social person so that aspect never attracted me either).  I feel that employers should not screen people out on education alone.  It's ridiculous.  Education is not who you are and doesn't determine your capabilities.  It's an asset - as it proves you are a hard worker - but I'd rather have someone give me a test to determine my capabilities than automatically rule me out because I'm not University educated.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#What I'm trying to say, is that I feel the same way as you, BT and LGM.  I hate how the world works when it comes to that.  But at the same time, I was VERY lucky to get my job right out of high school, and it's the exception, NOT the rule for young people.  I would say that you are better off with an education (at least college) than without.  Not going to University or College is a #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#huge #ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#risk.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby Hope03 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:14 pm

Katie, I was eleven when I got my first two horses, I had been saving up all my birthday money since I had been very young. I am 18 now and I have 7 horses now all which were bought with my own money. My parents helped out quite a bit when the vet was needed for my mare, but I was always able to pay them back. I would suggest getting a waitressing job! they get awesome money and its not that bad of work. You seem to be trying hard to keep this horse and thats awesome. I had five jobs and I am starting a couple of them back up since I didn't take the job at Ian Millars, they are all at the same place but I did housekeeping, waitressing, hostessing, busing and babysitting the boss's kids. Someone suggested to me to go to peoples houses and clean for them, you could try looking into that. You can charge $10 and hour for that and people would be willing to pay that to a student rather than the $30 for professional cleaners. Good luck with everything!
Hope03
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Suggestions, anyone?

Postby Foxie » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:21 pm

Katie1112 wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#     My problem is, I wasn't supposed to get this horse a year ago, and I love him to bits, but... I can personally, truthfully not afford him. I don't know what to do. I am sixteen, and as of right now, my parents pay for his feet, etc., but it is hardly fair, and i can't help but feel bad. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well since you know everything there is to know...I think you answered your own question. You can't afford him. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And no need to get all upset because people who have more life experience then you are offering advice. You don't want to go to school that's your decision. And no one is giving you a lecture, just advice. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/10.gif"#ed_cl# You know I'm in my twenties and I'm still learning about life. People on here have some amazing stories and experiences. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The malls won't generally hire 16 year olds. They prefer someone that is atleast 18 and up. Try a restraurant or a fast food place. I know I worked at the mall. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#000000#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#BTW...University/College IS AMAZING. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif"#ed_cl# Too bad you'll never know................#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:22 pm

Lix wrote:#ed_op#P#ed_cl#Katie - Please do not get defensive.  People are trying to respond to your post by responding to the information you have shared.  I see that posts concurring with you are appreciated but those that haven't agreed with you are quickly dismissed.  The beauty of public boards is getting different opinions - even when it's not what you want to hear.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#On the topic of the horse - I'm of the popular opinion that you should keep up that free lease.  It's the perfect situation.  If, sometime in the future, there is a risk the owner wants to sell, than you could consider buying him at that point.  But cross that bridge when you get there.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I'm going to give my input on education - even if it is not welcome as it is something that I feel strongly about.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I am in my twenties am probably what you described as one of those successful people who do not have any post-secondary education.  I developed an aversion for the education system in my last years of high school, despite the fact that I was an honour roll student.  I had excellent grades in high school - but I feel just about the same way as BT on this topic.  Even now, I would be too pessimistic to attend University - even though I do believe in the benefits of a higher education.  #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I am not knocking anyone who has University education - I think it's wonderful and it's A LOT of work.  I hope to someday have the will to attend as I believe it can benefit any career, including mine.  But I am mature for my age, I have my priorities straight and I do not think *I* personally needed the University years to help me grow and learn (granted I'm not a very social person so that aspect never attracted me either).  I feel that employers should not screen people out on education alone.  It's ridiculous.  Education is not who you are and doesn't determine your capabilities.  It's an asset - as it proves you are a hard worker - but I'd rather have someone give me a test to determine my capabilities than automatically rule me out because I'm not University educated.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#What I'm trying to say, is that I feel the same way as you, BT and LGM.  I hate how the world works when it comes to that.  But at the same time, I was VERY lucky to get my job right out of high school, and it's the exception, NOT the rule for young people.  I would say that you are better off with an education (at least college) than without.  Not going to University or College is a #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#huge #ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#risk.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ditto. I'm another exception to the rule, and it drives my parents nuts. ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I wasn't trying to bash on you Katie, if we didn't care, we'd say to go ahead, buy the horse, university is for losers..etc etc etc. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The point is, when asking for advice, as Chenders said, don't be surprised if you don't hear what you want to hear. Keep an open mind. We just care :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and to add to GS's post...we just want to give you the widest possible variety of options & opinions so you go into this "decision stage" eyes wide open. and you're not going to like everything that everyone says, and that's OK#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i'm not knocking those who go to uni or college...my brother went, but his degreee had nothing to do with nay of the positions he's held since he finished uni....my sister wen to college for nursing  - much more practical information & techniques......if i was going "back to school" it would be college, as i feel it's more practical & you get your moenys worth more form the programs there, then with uni's programs, but just me thinking this.......my little bro & sis are doing uni PT right now....i say good for them, it's what they wanted....i've gone my route...wanted to change a zillion things, but i can't, so this is where i am. i do fine w/o uni or college, but i took those ocuple of courses because i thought they may come in handy for some decent paying jobs - and they have paid off (i just wish i could pay them off - LOL)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#anyways- bottom line - the final decision is yours. have you talked to your parents about what to do about this horse? i would definately explore all your options regarding a part boarder....any chance he can be used/loaned out in lessons to lower the cost of board? i'm all for finding good solutions to these tricky issues of horses & leasing/ownership. i've leased a couple of horses in my life & once i couldn't afford it, i threw in the towel & took a break from it.....simply because i couldn't afford it & i was 16, 17, 18 & wanted to do other things with my money....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby TrueColours » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Unless you aspire to work at menial tasks for the rest of your life, future employers dont necessarily look at resumes *solely* for the educational / marks aspect only - they want to see if you are dedicated enough to start and finish a course of study, to give them a bit of insight into whether or not they can rely on you in a job situation.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#They want to see if you change jobs to better yourself and advance, or if you are solely looking to fill a few hours each day and get paid for it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I noticed the same thing that others did - as long as people agreed with you, you were fine with it, but if anyone constructively criticised what you said or planned on doing, you quickly and dismissively shut them down.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Boarding a horse is no different than the car you drive or the house you live in - if circumstances change and you can no longer afford to drive the cute little sports car or live in the big fancy house, you downsize and downgrade to something more affordable and less flashy. The same applies to boarding barns for your horse. If you are really stretching to make ends meet at the barn you are currently at, perhaps you DO need to look at moving Velcro someplace less costly to help you save $100.00 or $150.00 or $200.00 a month. It all adds up when you multiply that x 12 months a year! In your area, I think we could ALL come up with suggestions for less costly boarding barns for you#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you ask for suggestions (as you have) be prepared for some people to agree with you and others to not and some to offer you suggestions that perhaps you already knew about but were (secretly)  hoping to not have to even THINK about ...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck - I hope you find a solution that does work for you #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
True Colours Farm

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds and Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold, 16.1hh cremello TB stallion

http://www.TrueColoursFarm.com
TrueColours

Postby chenders01 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#On the topic of uni/college, I too, was one of those who did not obtain further education after highschool.  I *did* enroll in university and completed the first year but then quit because I *hated* it.  Fortunately, this was 20 years ago and I was able to get an entry-level secretarial job and then eventually landed where I am now, and have worked my way up to a job that I love (albeit, that doesn't pay huge bucks).  I'm just now taking uni courses to finish the BA I started all those years ago.  But this time, I'm doing it for pleasure, not to further my career...and my employer pays for the courses, which is another reason I'm doing it (could *never* afford it on my own).  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My husband got a University degree in Music which has done him NOTHING in terms of getting jobs or a career.  He is virtually unemployed right now and is looking at yet another career change...at age 42 <sigh>  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If I was still in highschool, I totally would go to community college versus university.  University gives you an education, but depending on what program you study, it doesn't always get you a job.  I think that nowadays, having *some* form of post-secondary education is almost a necessity.  Jobs are soooo hard to get, and you really limit yourself by *only* having a HS education.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#(note that this is just general discussion and NOT aimed at the original poster)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#   #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I totally agree with the thought that some university programs are completely impractical Im in one right now.  A BA in history with a minor in anthropology will get you into teachers college after the BA and thats it really and I am totally uninterested in doing that.  So where does it leave me?  Well my dad is an executive for General Dynamics and is quite high up but unfortunately he is now under a glass ceiling.  He has a college diploma in engineering/graphic design/business but the people who get promoted ahead of him are all the people with university degrees, and not necessarily business/engineering degrees.  He did great with the college degree but now has hit a wall and is repeatedly told we know you could do the job but you dont have a degree.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im not knocking you decision against post secondary BUT you are only 16 so maybe just leave it as undecided for now and see where you are at 18/19 when you apply to post secondary insitutions?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

Barbaro: We will never know and that will always pain us most
GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kaleena » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just going along with the discussion on schooling. I do agree that if you know what you want to do and can find a college program to get you there go for it. University undergrads don't do a whole lot in getting you jobs in the areas that you study. If you want to specialize in a field you need a Masters or a PHd in that field. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I my self have an undergrad university degree in Biology. I loved my time in school and I love my program. So now I have my university degree with no desire to get a Masters right now. BUT by having this degree it opens doors to other jobs not necessarily related to what I studied. Take the job I have now, the company I work for will not even look at your resume if you haven't been to some sort of post secondary and most often it has to be university, doent matter what you've studied. I've met 2 other people here with science degrees (I work in a technology/computers type field), one with a music degree, a couple of histories and then of course there are the computer science people who actually are doing something related to what they studied.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not sure what I'm getting at lol, but I wouldn't have done anything different if I could go back. I am looking at college programs now just for interest because I like being in school and learning, but thats a different story! :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pilgram » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:25 pm

TrueColours wrote:#ed_op#div#ed_cl#Unless you aspire to work at menial
tasks for the rest of your life, future employers dont necessarily
look at resumes *solely* for the educational / marks aspect only -
they want to see if you are dedicated enough to start and finish a
course of study, to give them a bit of insight into whether or not they
can rely on you in a job situation.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#They want to see if you
change jobs to better yourself and advance, or if you are solely
looking to fill a few hours each day and get paid for it.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#I
noticed the same thing that others did - as long as people agreed with
you, you were fine with it, but if anyone constructively criticised
what you said or planned on doing, you quickly and dismissively
shut them down.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Boarding a horse is no
different than the car you drive or the house you live in - if
circumstances change and you can no longer afford to drive the cute
little sports car or live in the big fancy house, you downsize and
downgrade to something more affordable and less flashy. The same
applies to boarding barns for your horse. If you are really stretching
to make ends meet at the barn you are currently at, perhaps you DO need
to look at moving Velcro someplace less costly to help you save $100.00
or $150.00 or $200.00 a month. It all adds up when you multiply
that x 12 months a year! In your area, I think we could ALL
come up with suggestions for less costly boarding barns for you#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#If
you ask for suggestions (as you have) be prepared for some people to
agree with you and others to not and some to offer you suggestions that
perhaps you already knew about but were (secretly)  hoping to not
have to even THINK about ...#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Good luck - I hope you find a solution that does work for you #ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I totally agree with TC and the others. on the topic of the horse i
dont even own one yet im working my but off while finishing highschool
since i dropped out when i was 17 now im 21. just to pay for my lessons
on a schooling horse.I don't mean to sound negative or rude but
seriously wake up and smell the roses i understand you are going to
apply for work but again your 16 other horses will come and go.I
personally went through a bad PB that was bogus and people on this
board know about it i knew then i was not ready to even own a horse let
alone PB one so just stop and think.I even have friends and other
poeple i know that are still looking around on finding a horse,farm a
trailer ect ect ect.Just so i can ride. But im making 8.50 and hour
8:30-3:00 everyday i was on the verge of losing my job on friday due to
my first complaint but i didnt because my bosses understand what im
doing. so as i say take it one day at a time but dont RUSH into
something you obviously know you cant handle at this time.  Thats
my two cents and sorry in advance if i sound negative.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby Lehane » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When I was 16 I knew exactly what I was going to do with my life.  8 years later, I am definitely not doing what I though I would be, and besides that, I've changed my mind about 4 times between then and now.  Sure you can be successful not going to college or university, but if you have a specific job in mind it's usually helpful (or required!) to have some sort of education.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#And having gone through university and now attending college...college is way cooler. But I'm really glad I have my university education, I learned a lot and I know it will help be land jobs in the future.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#JM 2 cents...#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lehane
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:26 am

Lehane wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When I was 16 I knew exactly what I was going to do with my life.  8 years later, I am definitely not doing what I though I would be, and besides that, I've changed my mind about 4 times between then and now.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Isn't that par for the course? ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Lehane » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BT...umm...yeah of course it is. But Katie is 16 and she said she knows exactly what she's going to be doing when she's done school. Just telling her it might to remain so.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Again, I shouldn't've posted! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lehane
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thats not true Lehane...everyone is entitled to their opinion ;) I'm sure you were just trying to help. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Life doesn't always turn out the way we intend it to. Mr.GS always said he never pictured he'd be where he is now, just turned out that way in the end. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GS - i didn't know we were interchangable - #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/6.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and exactly - i certainly, at 16 yrs old, couldn't imagine myself where i am............the thought never crossed my mind. life changes, different things happen.........sometimes you never get back on track to where you thought you originally were going to end up & sometimes you find your detour is a better option for you & you never even thought of it........it's the way life goes. to each their own & make the best of it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General