OK, so I rode yesterday.....my report!!!!

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

OK, so I rode yesterday.....my report!!!!

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and woweee, what a horse! totally amazing horse...he's quite a level above what i'm used to, but it's awesome! i could learn so much from riding this guy!! wow...i was driving home afterwards saying to myself "wow! i rode that horse, holy cow!"....so if you haven't guessed, i had quite the amazing ride yesterday.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i went up to meet him & his owner, and she was lunging him in the arena...for a stallion that hadn't been ridden in 2 weeks, he lunges pretty quiet!! she let him loose, as we were on our own in the arena, and we set up a jump for him to free jump....wow! he does like to jump...he just coils like a spring in the back end & boom! over he goes, and he clears it by about a foot everytime!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#this is one cool horse..he's absolutely stunning to look at, and is so very well trained. when it was time to pop on him, i was thinking..." he's too high level for me!". we did some flat work...this horse will not respond unless you tell him exactly, your aids have to be bang on precise, so that will be good for me in learnig to perfect my aids. and then we did a few jumps, an dmy goodness , like i said, he sure does like to jump! he's got a gorgeous canter & a wonderful sitting trot, and his extended trot! wow......such a nice ride, and a real workout for me too! it's not that he's a tough horse to ride, quite the opposite...but for me, i was sweating......he gives you a workout, but in a nice way - he's not nasty at all.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#sooooo......i can ride basically as often as i want, his owner will throw in some dressage lessons on him for free, and i can start whenever pretty much........i'm pretty excited about this (hubby, not so much, but what does he know!?)...just gotta track down a saddle now!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby chenders01 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BT, I take it you're a little excited??  LOL!!   #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Seriously, congrats, girl!!  Sounds like this guy is wonderful and will really teach you a lot.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm kinda jealous...you're the third person I know, who has the opportunity to ride a dressage schoolmaster.  Kinda wish I had the chance to do that (and the time).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When do you get to ride him again?  Will there be pics to share?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#    #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very exciting!!! I'm so happy for you. Now we need to quit smoking and get in shape and everything will be fine ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby MacnRio » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That is soooo awesome BT!! YAY!!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ditto Chenders!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:02 am

graciespook wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very exciting!!! I'm so happy for you. Now we need to quit smoking and get in shape and everything will be fine ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ummm yah...about that..........i promise - tomorrow, OK?!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#guys - he was totally awesome! i'm hoping to go up, say maybe wed night, and then saturday...you know, make reular days & nights, have a routine as to when i'm going...it'll make my life easier that way. his owner only gets up once per week on sundays....so it's pretty flexible as to when i can go up there.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#it's a nice little privtae barn, everyone there, so far, was friendly. he has his own paddock, of course. he's a very no frills horse...not one that is pampered to all end....very undemanding kinda guy, happy with simple stuff. i guess if you don't treat them with all the frills, they don't worry about it, lol! they don't know what they're missing really...but that's good....i'd go nuts if he had to have a scoop of this & a cup of that & his matching boots had to be done in this exact order, etc etc...you know what i mean. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#he has impeccable ground manners, stands still in the cross ties, great to groom & work around. you can swing whips past his face & he doesn't budge!! when i was riding we, as i'd expected, had a few "oh you do mean it" moments, just because i was more or less "asking" rather than "telling" him what i wanted......his owner says you have to make sure you're telling him, don't ask him to canter, take charge & tell him to canter...that sort oif thing, but the aids must be exact. i think with a few months of working together, we'll be more comfortable together & the rides will gets a lot smoother & "together" over some time..........it's so awesome to have a horse like this to work with. i'm not only thinking of the wow of riding him, but the wow for me to learn some stuff too!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Hev339 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:04 am

Awesome BT! Sounds like you've found yourself a great horse that will
give you the opportunity to perfect your skills. Good luck with him.
:) 
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:24 am

babytigger wrote:
graciespook wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very exciting!!! I'm so happy for you. Now we need to quit smoking and get in shape and everything will be fine ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ummm yah...about that..........i promise - tomorrow, OK?!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Um....me too ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Foxie » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BT- #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Isn't it awesome how things just kinda fall into place?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Have fun with him and he sounds like an awesome horse. We of course will want updates as well as pic's.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol guys...i'll get you some pics when i can get someone to come up there with me....maybe my mum, or hubby.....then you can truly see how badly i ride, lol.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#for those who don't know...this is the horse#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.dancinglite.com"#ed_cl#www.dancinglite.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby RioG » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yowza BT... HOW did you come across such a fabulous opportunity as this?  I likely missed a thread somewhere.  Congratulations!  Have a blast with him.  Things are coming up roses for you!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
RioG
Groupie
Groupie

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol...roses...funny rio, funny....the riding certainly is, yes, i'll agree there.......everythig else - not so much - but that's another time.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#his owner posted a thread on another BB saying she was looking for a rider - voila! it found me, we emailed, we met, we rode, me liked! i guess his owner liked what she saw, because she didn't say "get the hell of'a my horse right now!" or anything like that, lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i hope it all goes well & i don't mess him up to badly, lol......i thinkdefinately some flat lessons are in order before i even dare worry about jumping him...although he does like to jump...you can feel his whole body perk up when he sees a jump! but yah flat work...definately for my riding & as a getting to know you measure is the best thing right now.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wowzers BT!!! He's super nice, I've seen his page before. Lucky lucky lucky girl you are! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OOO he was just mentioned on a recent thread in the breeding forum!  he is very nice BT!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

Barbaro: We will never know and that will always pain us most
GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well.....thanks guys - i consider myself super duper lucky too, not only to ride & train on a horse like this, but thanks to my mum, i can borrow her car a few times a week to actually get my a$$ up there to ride this gorgeous guy (still waiting on a few things before i can get a car....darn! it'll come).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i'm looking forward to the "challenges" - and who knows...maybe i'll actually enjoy some shows next season!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:58 pm

What a fantastic opportunity. Enjoy every moment!! Congratulations.
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby tanya » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I guess you all now know why I picked him for my mare. Yes I rode him also and BT is right. He is a super nice horse and stallion.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The sighted sees not the world but the blind sees the world in one small child.
tanya
Groupie
Groupie

Postby bay mare » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow you lucky girl BT!   He is lovely and it sounds like you two really clicked, enjoy!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
bay mare
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pilgram » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:51 pm

Congrats BT the horse is amazing.
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby Trufflemaker » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow. If I ever breed my mare, he looks like an awesome stud.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby Sodapoppers » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Bt you are one lucky BEE-ATCH! lol TM i was thinking of him for my filly too! And whadaya know...i just found out he is SO CLOSE...like 5 mins from my barn! far out...#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Next

Return to General