OK, so I rode yesterday.....my report!!!!

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Postby bay mare » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A friend of mine has a 4 month old foal by him and he is such a cutie.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
bay mare
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tanya » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:25 am

bay mare wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A friend of mine has a 4 month old foal by him and he is such a cutie.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have been looking for more babies by him since I am going to him next year. Is there any way you can post pictures or email me some.#ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The sighted sees not the world but the blind sees the world in one small child.
tanya
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Shoal » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:49 am

That's a great opportunity!
Hey, isn't that Spyder's horse? I haven't seen her post here in months.
If so, she gave me a dressage lesson once and she was VERY knowledgable. I learned alot.
Shoal

Postby BarnBratCSA » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats BT! You're lucky, and I'm sure you'll totally enjoy it!   Keep us posted! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanks guys.........don't make me blush.....i need to learn how to ride at his level.....yes, this is Spyders horse, and she gave me some pointers while i was riding him - she does know her stuff!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i'm hoping to learn a lot from the horse and his owner....i've waited a long time for something like this to come up, and i can't believe that it actually has....i was so shocked when i was driving home afetr riding him...i was totally giddy, and saying to myself "i can't believe i rode a horse like that! holy sh!t !!!"..........crazy...i got home & showed the kids his pics on the web, they thought he was really pretty, hubby just said oh, that's nice......buti know deep down he's interested...perhaps once they meet he'll take more of an interest.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i'm actually nervous about the opportunity to ride & show him.........i haven't shown since my lesson days, and that was only in-barn schooling shows............guess i'd better brush up on my show lingo & what you need etc...but i'll worry about that in a few months. i want to build a relationship with the big guy first, obviously, before i even worry about shows!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby tanya » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:46 am

Shoal wrote:That's a great opportunity!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl# I haven't seen her post here in months.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#If so, she gave me a dressage lesson once and she was VERY knowledgable. I learned alot.
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I saw her name on the members list and sent her a PM. I assume she is still here as the name and PM functions work. I have not got a response from her.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# She did say she had some trouble here but something about going through drug rehab with bad side effects?#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tanya
Groupie
Groupie

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow BT that sounds like a dream situation!  That horses is gorgeous and knowing the bloodlines he has a good pedigree.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Do they breed him much during the year?  Have you experienced being around him with other horses close by?  Just curious if his manners are the same when there is a mare near by....  He sounds so awesome!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:58 am

tanya wrote:
Shoal wrote:That's a great opportunity!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl# I haven't seen her post here in months.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#If so, she gave me a dressage lesson once and she was VERY knowledgable. I learned alot.
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I saw her name on the members list and sent her a PM. I assume she is still here as the name and PM functions work. I have not got a response from her.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# She did say she had some trouble here but something about going through drug rehab with bad side effects?#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#tanya - bad reaction to coming off anti- depressants actually.....and no, she no longer posts on this BB. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#zooka - yep when i rode him there were a  couple other horses around, he didn't even care! apparently the only time he'll get fiesty is if there is a mare in heat near him. if she's not in heat, he doesn't worry about them. he's not actively being advertised for breeding, but yes, his owner will breed him if the mares owner wants to.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:02 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow that is great, he sounds like such a sane down to earth guy!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Shoal » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:26 am

BT, I remeber Syder saying she was retiring him from breeding. That's so cool you get to ride such a great horse. I'm jealous! hee, hee... :wink:
Shoal

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Did I miss something? Why doesn't Spyder post here anymore? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby tanya » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:43 am

graciespook wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Did I miss something? Why doesn't Spyder post here anymore? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#My guess is that EC banned her. It is sad because depression, its repercussions and stabilization is not understood by most. Everyone would rather sweep it under the rug or just label the person as crazy. I knew someone that went through hell trying to get it under control. What they need most at this time is support not rejection.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tanya
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Shoal » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:50 am

Tanya wrote:
My guess is that EC banned her. It is sad because depression, its repercussions and stabilization is not understood by most. Everyone would rather sweep it under the rug or just label the person as crazy. I knew someone that went through hell trying to get it under control. What they need most at this time is support not rejection.

WEll put.
She did say some things on this board that might sound nutty. But she was a REALLY nice person when i met her. Her love her horses and knowledge was eveident too.
Shoal

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:18 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thansk tanya....from what i understand that is what happened.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#she happily posts as Dancing Lite on the tack box, and that new one #ed_op#A href="http://cloudwalker.proboards58.com/index.cgi"#ed_cl#http://cloudwalker.proboards58.com/index.cgi#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#the equine experience where i believe she is a mod now#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#shoal - don't be jealous.........i'm sure you've ridden your share of awesome horses too!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tanya » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:26 am

#ed_op#P#ed_cl#
Shoal wrote:#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#She did say some things on this board that might sound nutty. But she was a REALLY nice person when i met her. Her love her horses and knowledge was eveident too.
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I have her email address if you are still looking for lessons Shoal.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tanya
Groupie
Groupie

Postby pmc » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:28 am

tanya wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#My guess is that EC banned her. It is sad because depression, its repercussions and stabilization is not understood by most. Everyone would rather sweep it under the rug or just label the person as crazy. I knew someone that went through hell trying to get it under control. What they need most at this time is support not rejection.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Whoa!  Wait a second, guys!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The things that Spyder repeatedly posted on this board, (among others!) whether drug-induced or not, were #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#totally #ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#outrageous, inappropriate and inflammatory, leaving EC no choice but to delete the threads and ban her at the time.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That she's now gotten help and is on the upswing #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#is#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# great news!  I'm genuinely happy to hear that, and I have discussed this with her on another board.  But to expect a mod to delve into the potential personal, psychological and/or pharmaceutical reasons why a poster may have gone balistic before making the reluctant decision to ban them is entirely unrealistic, imho.  A mod/admin can only appropriately react to the situation at hand and deal with it accordingly.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Exactly pmc, she has been pretty far out, both here and on COTH. I don't mean to say that she shouldn't be given a second chance on a personal level, and I'm not trying to discourage BT from riding Dancing Lite, or Tanya from breeding to him, but also please be aware that she has a pattern of this behavior, of being fine and then having problems. I have a friend who has some experience with her over a couple of years. I really hope that she is doing well and that all works out for everyone.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BT, that is how I felt when I used to ride Donaufurst! I also had the opportunity to ride my ex-coach's PSG horse for awhile, but I will admit that horse is the only one I have ever gotten off of out of fear! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tanya » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:47 am

pmc wrote:[#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# ban her at the time.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Then this is only a temporary ban then since things are improving ? Maybe she is regretful as I got that impression when I met her. How can you apologize when you can't post.?#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tanya
Groupie
Groupie

Postby pmc » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
tanya wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Then this is only a temporary ban then since things are improving ? Maybe she is regretful as I got that impression when I met her. How can you apologize when you can't post.?#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I assume the ban is permanent, but under the circumstances, DL/Spyder could email EC directly to discuss this off the board.  The email addy can be found at the "Contact" link at the top of this page. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanks ruth & pmc, for clearing that up - i missed all of it somehow, so really am not at liberty to comment on what happened, as i only know what i was told.......but yes, she's doing very well now & says she's very happy, and she looks it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#pmc - i'm glad you guys made "amends" of sorts on the other BB - i read that, and it was nice to see. i agree that she could email kerri directly to discus the issues with EC. and i was mistaken......it's not the BB where pmc is a mod, but a different BB, one i'm not familir with where spyder has been asked to mod.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i'm hoping for a good relationship with DL/Spyder & her horse, and looking forward to posting my progress for you guys (i'm hoping i'll make some!!), and i'll no doubt be looking for advice when it comes closer to showing time.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General