Weekend -- no repeats, please

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Postby draftdriver » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:31 pm

Thanks for all the kind words, people. They really do help.
draftdriver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby gibbs » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:39 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss DD.  
gibbs
Groupie
Groupie

re

Postby lola s » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl#I'm so sorry for your loss.  She was a lovely mare and I'm sure it was a great comfort to have you with her at the end.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lola s
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:06 pm

I'm so sorry for your horrible weekend. I remember your horse's name from way back, not sure of the connection though. I lost my old boy to Cushings several years ago and I remember that he got confused right at the end. It sounds as if the final progression for Miss was quick, thank goodness. Take good care of yourself.
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Sodapoppers » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#I'm so sorry to hear this DD. What a beautiful mare...even at 30, she looked like dynamite. Best of wishes to you #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby pmc » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Awwwww, dd!  Huge huggs to you, hon.  I'm so sorry.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Patricia » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It sound like a rare partnership--you gave your horse a great LONG life.  It is a tough time but you did the right thing.  It is always hard letting them go.  So sorry for the loss of MISS and your friend.  Going to go look at your pics now....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#DD so sorry about the tough weekend you had loosing both miss and a friend!  Miss is absolutely gorgeous in both those pictures, you would never even know she was 30 in that one....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Take care of yourself and give your other horses a big hug.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Leena » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am very sorry for your loss....Loosing such a partner is heartbreaking.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Again my sinceres condoleances.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Leena#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Leena
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Hev339 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:23 am

Sorry for your loss DD. It sounds like she was an amazing animal and a
great friend and companion, and it was nice of you to help her go when
you knew her time had come. 
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So sorry to hear that DD, about everything.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rescue Remedy? I think I would have opened a bottle of Jack Daniels.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:02 pm

Ruth wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So sorry to hear that DD, about everything.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rescue Remedy? I think I would have opened a bottle of Jack Daniels.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ruth - we share some similar thinking....only for me it would have been C.C!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#DD - i hope our words of comfort are truly helping you. miss sure didin't look 30 in that pic - she clearly had a great life in which she was well cared for & well loved.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby RioG » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#DD... reading your post brought tears to my eyes.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
RioG
Groupie
Groupie

Postby draftdriver » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:26 am

Thanks again, folks. I've been spending extra time with my remaining 3. They are a comfort, too. I've put her feed bucket away, but I can't bear to take her halter off the hook by her stall door just yet. And her stall name sign is still up. All things in good time, I suppose. Molly is now using Miss's stall -- before, she was just tied in the open space by the barn door. Perhaps I should order stall signs made up for Molly and Babe. That way I would have a sign to put up in the empty space left by Miss's.
draftdriver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its tough...whenever I go home and look at my mares empty stall I think about her, as she was the only one that used it. It will get better. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby BarnBratCSA » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So sorry for your loss, DD....   she was quite beautiful! You did what was right for here though, and she's in a better place now.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby BarnBratCSA » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So sorry for your loss, DD....   she was quite beautiful! You did what was right for here though, and she's in a better place now.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Previous

Return to General