Trailer Inspection/Certification

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Trailer Inspection/Certification

Postby Razzba » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:49 pm

OK,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Where do you get this done and how much does it cost in your area?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
(2 horse BP)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Thanks!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Razzba

Postby TrueColours » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Where are you?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Belore's do it out Woodstock way and Royle Trailers do it in the Carlisle area.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I believe that Park trailers do it in Georgetown as well#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ive used both Belore's and Royle and both have been fair in their charges#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
True Colours Farm

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds and Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold, 16.1hh cremello TB stallion

http://www.TrueColoursFarm.com
TrueColours

Postby Razzba » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:55 pm

Nope, I am way-up in Northern Ontario.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Mr. Razzba phoned a couple of places and they didn't know WTH he was talking about!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Maybe we don't need to do it up here..........#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Razzba

Postby TrueColours » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#geez - any garage that does safeties on vehicles should be able to do the same on a trailer.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#They are checking lights and brakes, tires, and I dont know how far they check the integrity of the actual body with regards to rust perforations, etc#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Even a regular tractor trailer garage (heavy truck/trailer mechanic) should be able to perform a basic safety on a horse trailer#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The things we take for granted down here ... #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
True Colours Farm

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds and Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold, 16.1hh cremello TB stallion

http://www.TrueColoursFarm.com
TrueColours

Postby Eileen » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:34 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Yes I usually get my certification done on my trailers and trucks at a big truck and trailer shop....it is a saftey issue...brakes, tires, brack away system and safety chains  I cant really remember how much it costs...probably around $50 a unit...just a guess on my part...I am always running into this shop and cant remember what the costs are...#ed_op#EM#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Take your trailer to the local RV garage.  That's where mine will be going shortly. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yeah I know local garages will do it around my place.  Not sure about the costs though.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Piaffing » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It will be about $60 - $100.. Just make sure that you get the yellow sticker.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby EatMyDust » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I got mine done at the feed mill in St George. I dont think it was very expensive. You have to get it weighed if Im not mistaken right?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby graciespook » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:36 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am always leary about just anyone doing it. We knew a mechanic who worked on cars, but he safetied trailers on the side, and was very very good at it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to General