Helmets

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Postby Shoal » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:48 pm

It did hurt like hell and I was told I would have arthritis in my back because of it. Oh well....for the love of riding!

PMC....you dirty girl! LMAO.......There's not too much flexibility these days, considering I'm 26 wks prego! :lol:
Shoal

Postby babytigger » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:09 pm

Shoal wrote:PMC....you dirty girl! LMAO.......There's not too much flexibility these days, considering I'm 26 wks prego! :lol:
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and does your drawing have any sort of implications regarding your current state? lol!!!!!!!!!!! cute pic!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#anyways - bottom line - wear a helmet, i've been bad the odd time, but luckily nothing happened, and i mean luckily.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby pmc » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:29 pm

#ed_op#P#ed_cl#
Shoal wrote:#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#PMC....you dirty girl! LMAO
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Given your current condition,  that's kinda like the pot calling the kettle black, doncha think?  After all, I'm not the one who's preggers here... #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Shoal » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:52 pm

hee,hee....i think you've got me there PMC!
Shoal

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:16 pm

chenders01 wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, wasn't that one of the positions in the Kama Sutra (sp?)??  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl#  Impressive, Shoal!  Although I'll bet it hurt like HE** at the time.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hee hee hee#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby pmc » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:19 pm

#ed_op#P#ed_cl#
Shoal wrote:...you've got me there PMC!
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#No, Shoal, that was clearly Mr. Shoal's doing... #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Shoal » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:09 pm

LMAO! :lol: :lol:
Shoal

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:26 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You two crack me up! :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby BarnBratCSA » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:16 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm pretty late to this topic, but I wanted to let you know that in New York State, we have an under 14 years old rule....  ALL shows are required to make sure anyone under 14 is wearing and APPROVED helmet whenever they're mounted. MOST shows do, however, require that anyone under 18 wears one.   Iwill admit though, that my New York State QH association is VERY bad about enforcing this, and riders are even worse about sticking to it! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

helmets

Postby fusspot » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:11 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I did not wear a helmet when I was young...why? Because I was stupid and didn't know any better. IMHO, anyone who KNOWS the risks associated with not wearing a helmet and still chooses to ride without one is either extremely dense, a high-stakes gambler or not too happy with the brain that they have. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Update on speed events. A woman was killed in Ontario this summer when her horse slipped on concrete after finishing a barrel race. The horse went down, the woman (not wearing a helmet) landed on her head and was killed. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I went to an OBRA event a few weeks later and a good number of competitors are now wearing helmets. It's unfortunate that this woman had to die before riders realized that there is an element of danger involved in the sport. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
fusspot

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A fellow barn mate and barrel racer said that one world champion went out this year in a helmet..good for her!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby goldendryad » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:37 am

I always wear mine. Always. The one day I threw caution to the wind and
didn't wear it, I came off my horse. So if I ride anywhere in any tack
or none at all it goes on my head. You never know. Your steady horse
could someday be stung by a bee, or slip, or your tack could come
undone and even in soft footing hitting your head is not good. Your
head could hit a rock, or board, who knows what.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
So I wear mine. Sure it messes up my hair and is a nuisence in the
winter, but the protection is so important. I even wear it if I'm
working with a difficult horse on the ground or one who is known to
rear.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Sodapoppers » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#I have only been riding for 2.5 years now, so the "wear a helmet or die" trend has been pretty influential lol All of my accidents have been on the flat except for one on a school horse who refused a little X on me #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/confused.gif"#ed_cl# Took me another year and a half to get up the guts to jump again and only on Dream who I trust to take just about anything (providing its small lol) no matter how i set him up to it. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#First fall was the day after I got Dream, thought i was going to be a smart ass and ran and jumped on him bareback LOL ya he hopped up and i slid off his butt LOL second was the jumping one, third Dream tripped and i was just starting to ride. So no balance and off i went over his head...and fourth was that time he spooked and I cracked my 2 ribs. I am proud to say that my seat has improved to the point where I have had horses trip almost down to their knees and I've been able to 'catch' them and not even move out of my seat oh some semblance of balance is great! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#On a side note! I don't know how western riders can bop around with no helmet, ESPECIALLY in the speed classes! I'd rather ride with no helmet jumping than in barrels or poles anyday !#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Re: helmets

Postby EatMyDust » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:46 pm

#ed_op#P#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by EatMyDust on Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatMyDust

Postby Patricia » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you have to ask then I guess you REALLY JUST DON'T GET IT!  Maybe you already had one too many fall and can't comprehend what people are telling you.......#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ouch Patricia ;) ...some barns really do not enforce it, and don't really care. Its a decision they'll regret later when they fall, but oh well...we can't change everyone! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Previous

Return to General