making your own....

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

making your own....

Postby Pilgram » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I wasjust curious how many of you actually make your own horse clothes and riding apparel.? I find it is cost effective though i doubt id show in my own clothes i made. I would actually buy  show clothes . #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby Megan Ball » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I make my own horse blankets. I use ripstop material(whatever colour I want),old/free comforters(queen is best for horses or double for ponies), buckles, and boarder material(usually found with the ribbons and lace) I use the tough nylon material.  The quality is definatly not Weatherbeeta and the like, but I get the colours that I want. And when it rips, I don't sweat the fact that I blew $200+ on buying a brand new blanket.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby Eileen » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:04 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have gotten blankets made by the local tarp and ten maker and I sized them with water proofing...and I tood old blankets apart for the fasteners and it did not cost that much. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Trufflemaker » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I haven't made anything myself. However I have repaired blankets lots of times. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Angry/5.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby contessa » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've made a saddle pad and a quarter sheet so far from a pattern I bought by "Suitability". They look as though you could've bought them at the store! It was also a lot cheaper to make them myself. In case anybody was looking for a pattern to use, these patterns are fairly straightforward and easy to follow #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//ec-thumbup.gif"#ed_cl# and there are a lot of different ones to choose from.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
contessa
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Polos...I never used them though.they were really pieces of crap. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#not me - very untalented individual if given a thread & needle#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby HappilyEverAfter » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've made polos and I'm planning on making a quarter sheet for Beauty and I for christmas!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
HappilyEverAfter
Groupie
Groupie

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A quarter sheet eh? Maybe I should try my hand at that! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to General