CSH?

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

CSH?

Postby Hope03 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:24 pm

I have no idea how to register a horse for CSH, I do know you need to bring the horse to an inspection. This may sound stupid to everyone but I need some help. I have a young filly that I would like to have inspected as a 3 year old but can she be a full CSH? Her dam is not registered, Clyde/TB and her sire is a registered TB can she be registered as CSH knowing this information. Here is a picture of her, I know they don't inspect them until 3 years old. http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/ ... /Trini.jpg This filly has amazing movement, and great conformation. I know I don't know what she will end up like but her full brothers are gorgeous and both have amazing movement. If someone can give me any info on CSH that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
Hope03
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Pilgram » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:14 pm

I got this information off google but the website is http://www.clrc.ca/86rules.pdf. Heres the copy paste version:#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Canadian Livestock Records Corporation#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
CANADIAN SPORT HORSE ASSOCIATION#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
RULES OF ENTRY#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
1 EXPLANATION: An inspected and approved animal (for the purpose of the Association) is one that has been#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
inspected and approved by a person duly authorized by the Association to inspect and reject or approve animals for#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
identification in the Canadian Sport Horse Association Stud book.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
2 A certificate stating that a designated animal has been inspected and approved, signed by the secretary of the#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Association, shall be acceptable evidence that the animal in question has been inspected and approved.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
3 The Association shall accept foals for identification that are the result of an Artificial Insemination breeding,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
including the use of transported semen. The Association shall prepare regulations pertaining to such breeding.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
a. ELIGIBILITY OF ANIMALS UNDER PREVIOUS RULES: Rule A animals shall be considered the#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
equivalent to F1 animals in the Foundation Stallion Book. F.S. mares and Rule B mares shall be considered the#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
equivalent of those animals in the Appendix Mare Book. Rule C and D animals shall be considered equivalent#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
to F1. Animals registered or identified under “other rules” shall be given the appropriate status based on their#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
ancestry.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
RULES OF ENTRY INTO THE FIVE (4) BOOKS OF THE CANADIAN SPORT HORSE#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
ASSOCIATION (as outlined in section 15.1 of the constitution) SHALL BE AS FOLLOWS:#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
4 FOUNDATION STALLION BOOK: Will include any inspected and approved stallions, other than CSH, three#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
(3) years of age and over, registered in a stud book recognized by the Association and Agriculture Canada. Approved#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
stallions shall be numbered and prefixed by the letter “S” to indicate inclusion in said book.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
5 APPENDIX MARE BOOK: Will include any inspected and approved mare, three years of age or over, shall be#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
eligible for recordation as an “Appendix” mare. Certificates for Appendix mares shall be numbered and prefixed by#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
the letter “A” to indicate inclusion in said book.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
6 AUXILIARY STUD BOOK: The following animals shall be eligible for inclusion into the Auxiliary Stud Book#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
and shall be numbered and prefixed where appropriate as indicated:#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
MALE AND FEMALE OFFSPRING OF:#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
A) APPENDIX MARES AND APPROVIED AND LICENSED FOUNDATION STALLION. SUCH#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
HORSES SHALL HAVE F1 STATUS. ALL SUCH FEMALE HORSES SHALL BE PREFIXED BY THE#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
LETTERS “AA”. ALL “AA” FEMALES MUST BE INSPECTED AT THREE (3) YEARS OF AGE AND#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
APPROVED BEFORE BEING GRANTED BREEDING APPROVAL.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
B) AN APPENDIX MARE AND AN F1 OR HIGHER CSH STALLION. SUCH HORSES SHALL HAVE#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
F1 STATUS. ALL FEMALE OFFSPRING OF APPENDIX MARES SHALL BE PREFIXED BY THE#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
LETTERS “AA”, AND SHALL BE REQUIRED TO BE INSPECTED AND APPROVED BEFORE BEING#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
GRANTED BREEDING APPROVAL.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
C) A FOUNDATION STALLION AND AN APPROVED F1 OR HIGHER (INCLUDING AA) CSH MARE.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
SUCH HORSES HALL HAVE F1 STATUS.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
D) ANY HORSE WITH F1, F2, F3 STATUS. F1 BEING DEFINED AS AN A), B), AND C) OF SECTION#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
19.6 OF THIS CONSTITUTION. F2 BEING DEFINED AS THE OFFSPRING OF TWO F1 PARENTS, OR#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
ONE F1 AND ONE F2, F3, F4. PARENT. F3 BEING DEFINED AS THE OFFSPRING OF TWO F2#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
PARENTS OR ONE F2 PARENT AND ONE F3, F4, F5 PARENT. (Generation status increases one higher#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
than the status of the lowest parental generation. For example, an F1 stallion bred to an F4 mare will produce#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
an F2 foal).#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
7 MAIN STUD BOOK: THE FOLLOWING HORSES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR IDENTIFICATION IN SAID BOOK:#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
A) ALL F4 ORHIGHER STATUS MALE AND FEMALE CANADIAN SPORT HORSES.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
8 ALL MALE HORSES MUST BE INSPECTED AND APPROVED AT MINIMUM AGE OF THREE (3)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
BEFORE BEING GRANTED BREEDING APPROVAL.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
9 The Board of Directors may, from time to time and as occasion may require, make regulations regarding the#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
rules of entry if a case of eligibility arises. Proof of four generations and/or of a recognized performance record#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
would be required by individuals seeking entry into the Foundation Stallion Book on the condition that the Board of#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Directors recognizes the “Good of the Breed”.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
10 Offspring of Phase I conformation approved Stallions conceived prior to such Stallions completing their Phase#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
II performance criteria are eligible for identification provided they fulfil the criteria set out in Article 19 - Rules of#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Entry - of this Constitution.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
11 When a special case arises as to the eligibility of any animals, the Board of Directors may authorize the#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
identification, providing satisfactory proof is given.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
12 Cancellation: Any stallion or mare may be subject to re- inspection if it appears that progeny do not meet#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
required standards. Animal failing to pass re- inspection shall have their future CSHA breeding approval cancelled.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Such cancellation shall not affect the eligibility of progeny conceived prior to date of cancellation.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
APPLICATION FOR IDENTIFICATION#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
1. All fees shall be paid to the Accountant, Canadian Livestock Records Corporation and may be sent by postal note,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
post office money order, express money order, bank money order or certified cheque payable at par in Ottawa, and#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
they shall forthwith be deposited by him to the credit of the Association in a chartered bank selected by the Board of#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Directors of the Canadian Livestock Record Corporations Board.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
2 Application for identification of animals registered in any other Stud Book recognized by this Association, must#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
be accompanied by the official certificate which must show that the animal has been duly transferred to the applicant#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
for identification. If a mare is in foal, in order to identify the produce, a certificate must show the date of service,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
name and number of the service sire and owner at the time of service.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
3 Application for identification of animals must be made by the owner on forms supplied free by the Canadian#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Livestock Records Corporation. All blank spaces must be filled in, in ink, or typewritten, and the application must be#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
signed by the owner at the time of birth, by the breeder and the owner of the service sire.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
4 The Canadian Livestock Records Corporation shall supply the Secretary of this Association with a form for#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
inspection purposes which shall contain all information shown on the application for identification. This form shall#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
be certified by the inspector as to whether or not the animal passes inspection and returned to the Secretary who in#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
turn shall forward it to the Canadian Livestock Records Corporation.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
5 When an animal is a twin, it shall be so stated when applying for identification, and the sex given of the animal#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
with which it is a twin. Should a twin be entered upon the record without such statement, no subsequent application#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
for entry of animal twin with same shall be accepted.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
6 The breeder of an animal is the owner or lessee of the dam at the time she was served. The first owner is the#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
owner of the dam at the time the animal was born.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
.7 No two animals shall have the same name. Letters shall not be used as a prefix to a name. Names shall not#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
contain more than thirty letter spaces or characters including numeral affix.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
TRANSFERS AND DUPLICATE CERTIFICATES#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
1 In the case of the sale of an animal, the seller must furnish a certificate of identification in the Canadian Sport#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Horse Stud Book showing the purchaser's ownership. Refusal to do so on any pretext whatever shall be grounds for#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
his expulsion, if a member, from the Association; if not a member, further applications for identification or transfer#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
shall be refused.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
.2 Applications for transfer of ownership must be made on forms supplied by the Canadian Livestock Records#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Corporation, and must give date of sale and date of delivery and in the case of a female if bred, service certificate#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
must be completed. Transfer of ownership will be endorsed by the CLRC following submission of the original#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
certificate, the application for transfer and the appropriate fees.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
3 In case a male or female is leased or loaned for breeding purposes the form of lease supplied by the Canadian#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Livestock Records Corporation must be filled in and signed by the lessor and forwarded to the Canadian Livestock#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Records Corporation to be placed on record. The lessee will in all cases be considered the breeder of the progeny of#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
leased or loaned females.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
4 A duplicate certificate may be issued if the registered owner or his authorized agent files a statutory declaration#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
on a form supplied by the Canadian Livestock Records Corporation, showing in a satisfactory manner that the original#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
is lost, destroyed or unobtainable.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
REGISTRATION OF NAMES#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
1 STABLE NAMES - A breeder may register for his exclusive use a name to be used as a prefix in naming his#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
animals. A particular name will be allowed to one person or partnership only and in registering such names, priority#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
in use and application for registration shall be considered. Letters shall not be used as a prefix to a name. Names#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
shall not contain more than thirty letter spaces or characters, including numeral affix. In the event of a change in the#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
name of a partnership or company or if any party is taken into partnership, the name may be transferred upon#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
application to the Canadian Livestock Records Corporation of the registered owner or his authorized representative.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Likewise, transfer may be made from a deceased owner to his heir. A REGISTERED NAME may be transferred to#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
another person or persons on the application of the person or persons in whose names it is registered. After the#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
expiration of five (5) years, the registered name will be forfeited if it has not been used in identifying an animal by the#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
registered owner.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
PRIVATE BREEDING RECORDS#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
1 There shall be kept by each breeder a private record which shall contain full particulars of his breeding#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
operations. This record shall at all times be open to the inspection of officials of this Association, officials of the#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Department of Agriculture for Canada and officials of the Canadian Livestock Records Corporation.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
MEMBERSHIP#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
3.6 No member shall be entitled to any of the rights and privileges of the Association during any year until his#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
annual fee for that year is paid. On March 31st in each year all members who paid for the preceding year but who#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
have not paid for the then current year shall be removed from the membership roll. They may, however, elect to#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
identify and transfer at non- members rate during this three months period. They may nevertheless again become#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
members in the manner prescribed by this constitution.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
86-8rules.doc/server.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
if this doesnt help then just google.ca it hope it elped a little bit.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Re: CSH?

Postby Azalee » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:32 am

Hope03 wrote:I have a young filly that I would like to have inspected as a 3 year old but can she be a full CSH? Her dam is not registered, Clyde/TB and her sire is a registered TB can she be registered as CSH knowing this information.
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She would be considered an F0, as in first generation.  I don't think you could refer to her as a CSH, but as a DraftX approved by CSH (her offspring, when sired by a CSH approved stud could be registered full CSH.)  And, yes she can be approved for breeding with that information.  There are many animals approved by CSHA where both dam and sire are unknown.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She's gorgeous, by the way!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She is a very nice filly! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Hope03 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:52 am

Thank you so much everyone! You answered all my questions :)
Hope03
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#very pretty girl - good luck with her!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Re: CSH?

Postby Mystic » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:22 am

Azalee wrote:
Hope03 wrote:I have a young filly that I would like to have inspected as a 3 year old but can she be a full CSH? Her dam is not registered, Clyde/TB and her sire is a registered TB can she be registered as CSH knowing this information.
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She would be considered an F0, as in first generation.  I don't think you could refer to her as a CSH, but as a DraftX approved by CSH (her offspring, when sired by a CSH approved stud could be registered full CSH.)  And, yes she can be approved for breeding with that information.  There are many animals approved by CSHA where both dam and sire are unknown.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She's gorgeous, by the way!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She can be approved as a CSH mare for breeding purposes if she is not born to sport horse parents and she CAN be referred to as a CSH. My mom owns a mare that is a registered TB with the US Jockey Club and is also a registered CSH mare for breeding purposes. She was Reserve Champion CSH broodmare at the CNE the year my mom bought her. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you want to know more about registering a horse as a CSH you can try pm'ing my mom. Her screen name is Cendure.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
It's not the size of the horse that matters. It is the size of their heart.

Mystic

Postby PerfectAngel » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ok, here's a question....what exactly are the criteria for a horse to be inspected for CSH breeding approval or wtv they do?? I have 2 horses that I would like to get inspected (to be eligible as breeding mares) but I cannot for the life of me find out if they'd even be considered, or if it would be a waste of $$ and time!?!?! The CSH website sucks, btw....I couldn't find anything much there....anyone had their horse inspected before?? What was it like? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Azalee » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PA, here is the #ed_op#A href="http://www.canadian-sport-horse.org/pdf/Mare-Insp-Guidelines-2005.pdf"#ed_cl#evaluation criteria#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# for mares.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And I agree, the site sucks.  I hope the new version of the site is up soon!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby PerfectAngel » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Azalee.....do you know where to find it for stallions?? Thanks!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Azalee » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.canadian-sport-horse.org/pdf/Stallion-Insp-Guidelines-May-2004.pdf"#ed_cl#Yup#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Stallion inspections are really exciting to watch!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Return to General