Mind tricks

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Mind tricks

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well its been decided.. My barn is scary as hell!! I don't like being at the barn by myself to begin with... i like the company, but omg my barn is terriflying! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Before this has only happened to me, but in the back/side barn the middle isle way lights would flicker.. Not on off on off on off, more like get very dim almost of and go right back and forth. Its happend to me 2 times and no one else its happened to. Im a big believe in ghosts..more like people/things for your past being with you so i would just have convos with the barn hehe and eventually they would stop..yes im a loser. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And today i closed(latched closed) a window 5 mins later i walked by and it was open again. I heard someone talking..not clearly but it was a voice.When i was waiting for my parents for a ride home i heard knocking on the front door, so i ovioulsy checked and ovioulsy no one was there. i heard foot stepts up stairs then running around noises. Way louder than mice and small animals the cat was becide me. So i was freaked out enough then i heard horses running!! They were all inside so i thought i was about to die lol and thank god my parents were there minutes later. When i was closing the gate to leave i heard keys jingling.. Uhh scary barn!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Is anyones else barn kinda scary in ways? Or am i alone and just going nuts#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/5.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Pilgram » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:45 pm

my bestfriend's old house she was born in i swear id be on the phone
with her for hours while she was crying becuase her lights would
flicker when no-one was home . So your not nuts theyre are ghosts out
theyre or better known as spirits. but yes that is a freaky barn.
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby Chisholm » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well here are some reasons why you might be hearing and seeing these things.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lights flickering means that the wiring is bouncing or loose, or faulty.   Is this a boarding facility?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now was it windy.  Closing a window and it opens again could mean the latch is loose and a gust of wind could knock it open.  And knocking that's wind as well, and voices I also chaulk up to wind.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry but ain't no ghost, just over active imaginations.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ya, the light thing you are describing is just like Chis said... poor wiring... It most likely needs to be replaced. At my aunts farm, I will be in my section and her bf will be in this other section doing work and when his power tools are being used, when he first turns them on the light will dim almost to shutting off and then come back on. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you actually think you heard footsteps I would be kind of worried... Not about ghosts but about any intruders who may have gotten in... I would say something to the barn owner and perhaps do not go in the barn alone... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Barns make alot of noises and stuff though, ecspecially older barns. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Of course I cant talk, I have an over active imagination too hehe. The other night I was riding outside and it got really dark really fast, and I was still riding and I started hearing noises too, they were just normal noises, but your senses are heightened when something is taken away... in my case I couldnt see practically... lol... I even hear the chain on the gate rattle softly... Afterr that though I was outta there... we have coyotes around so im not taking any chances. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I believe in hauntings. Our old house was haunted. I would wake up in the middle of the night to my dog growling and growling..I would go downstairs and he would be shaking, with all his hair up, growling at the same empty corner all the time. I'd seen strange things, heard strange things, and it was scary , but never bothered me. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby draftdriver » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:42 am

In rural areas, each farm has its own power transformer. When something like a water pump or the refrigerator comes on in another part of the building, or even in a different building on the same transformer (i.e. the house or a garage) it is not uncommon for the lights to dim in other parts of the electrical system.

Chis is right about the window latch. The latch on my hay barn door used to wiggle itself open on windy days. I solved that by putting the hasp of a padlock through the rings.

Voices -- my new refrigerator makes whispery voice noises sometimes. It did startle me at first, but now I'm used to it.

My barn cats running along the loft floor can sometimes sound like horses running.

I'm not trying to discount the 'other world'. I'm open minded about it. But I think physical explanations need to be explored first. Next time something freaky happens, take a deep breath, confront it directly, and ask yourself what might logically have caused the phenomenon.

(If you're really worried about the 'other world', carry a packet of salt in your pocket. Bad spirits are supposed to be allergic to salt. Hence throwing a pinch of salt over your shoulder to ward off the devil.)
draftdriver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:16 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ahh..logical explanations...not much fun! ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Shoal » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:51 am

I don't think your crazy...I've got too many personal ghost stories to tell.

Sure there could be logical explanations, but in experiences there has been none.

The thing is, you won't be able to get it out of your mind now!
Shoal

Postby MacnRio » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow PP72, that would be creepy!  I have an overly active imagination too.  I know a number of other peopel who say their barn/property is haunted.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm also afraid of the dark, and with it getting dark so early now I ALWAYS take the dogs with me to the barn! lol I'm such a chicken!  I've also dug out and plugged in the clock radio I had in the other barn.  It helps to keep the imagination from running away (I turn it up pretty loud).  And, have you ever seen someone RUN with a full wheelbarrow of sh!t? lol  It is in a dark shaddow..... I make the dogs come with me, but I still RUSH to get my barrow empty and outta there and give the dogs crap if they go farther then 2 ft from me... I'm sure they think I'm insane!! It is better now that the corn is off. I'd go to myself "there coudl be people hiding in the corn, but no, they'd know I have the dogs and the dogs would get to them first. But wait, fi they know I have dogs, then they probably made friends with them already".... lol  Gotta HATE overactive imaginations.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The one place I know of that they say is haunted (I think PP I told you about it) has "nice ghosts". Think of it that way, they aren't there to harm you, just "stuck". (OK, not saying I believe, but nor do I disbelieve).  A number of people have seen and heard the "ghosts" - people and horses - on this property, before they were told it was haunted.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Far too creepy for me.  Nothing weird has happened at my place though (and the barn is only 4 yrs old with no mow, so nothing really to creak and flap and go bump, etc).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:48 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I am way to realistic for this topic. although I do try to have an open mind about spirits etc....gosh I hope that there are spirits.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I do believe that there is a logical explanation for most of what you heard PP.... your imagination was over active that night for some reason... but hey if you came out of it with out a scratch...there was no problem right.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I must say it does make a good story and it is entertaining #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Mac....maybe that is why Bandit is being such a Butt head lately....the devil made him do it   Muahahahahah #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby MacnRio » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eileen, I think YOU are the butthead.....  And now you've got my mind churning..... Dang you!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/19.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:46 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Yeah but Mac.....you still have your other "man's best friend" on your side and ready to defend you agains all evils of the darkness and the corn people.  I wonder if those are really pidgeons up there in the rafters....#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#doodeedoodeeeedoooodeee  uahahahah#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#sorry I am just kidding, you know that dont you....I am getting all wound up because I am going away.....#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yeah at night my dog comes with me to the barn to help protect me because my imagination has a tendency to go wild at times....  Just like how I used to have to jump on the bed at night so that no one would grab me from under the bed.....  solution to that one is I now have a bed frame that goes all the way to the ground so no room for anything!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:09 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#O.K. so you have got under the bed covered....what about the closet...and the attic  lol  JK,....#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby sugar » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When I was very young I worked as a guard for Museums Canada in the Victoria museum on Mcleod st.  We had similar unexplained phenominae and  had various different instructions in our post orders as to how to deal with the variety of results that they caused.  Mostly it was freaked out visitors/staff or security related issues like people apparently being in the building when it is proven to be empty.  They had rules against forcing people to work certain areas or shifts.  One worker was so badly traumatized she had to take leave to recover and they made rules to prevent it happening again.  Every once in a while they do a bit on TV about this for Hallowe'en.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I do believe the unexplained phenominae are real, I am just not sure whether what we should balme it on "ghosts" or if there is something else equally weird that causes it to happen. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Remember that anything electrical should always be checked for faulty wiring and power surges etc... for safety reasons, before assuming it's just a spook.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it
Save a horse - Learn to train
Pasofinos Rule!!
naughtypine-ranch @ hotmail.com
sugar

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What kind of stuff Sugar? You've got my attention! :P#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby MacnRio » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:02 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Zooka, I used to to the hurl myself on the bed from the scary bed monsters, and yes the closet had to be closed b/c of the monsters in there..... But I've gotten over those! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eileen....... I think I need to get you in the barn in the dark with Bandit and the pigeons #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Angry/7.gif"#ed_cl# haha#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:43 am

MacnRio wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Zooka, I used to to the hurl myself on the bed from the scary bed monsters, and yes the closet had to be closed b/c of the monsters in there..... But I've gotten over those! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#me too............chicken supreme right here!! i watched cape fear (with de niro) years ago........even to this day, if i'm driving a car & it's dark out i'm terrified to get out of the car, or get in the car.i swing the door wide open, dive in & slam it closed as fast as i can!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i hated going into my parents basement (or my own when we rented a house).........hubby thinks i'm a big chicken.....can't help it i tell him...he wants to watch horror movies & stuff, but i refuse to let him...he can't even watch them by himself if i'm home..i have to be out of the house & know nothing about it.......otherwise i start to think about it. even a movie like "scarface".......OMG...the shower scene.....yikes!! i was terrified the same thing would happen to me in the shower (i know, i'm an idiot!!).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PP72 - check out all the logical reasons for these sorts of noises/occurance.ie: wiring, windows not latching tightly, etc.....if all else fails, take someone with you if you can, just for a sense of security for yourself.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby MacnRio » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BT, Cape Fear freaked me out too!  I'm also not great with basements in the dark... Well, mines not bad..... I can see the whole thing as I go down the stairs, so its not so bad......#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Can't watch ANY horror movies.  About a million years ago at a sleepover birthday party at a cottage they watched "Little Shop of Horrors", I think both 1 and 2. I had no choice but to watch, and they scared the CRAP outta me...... At least I think thats what they were called... A whole bunch of short movies?  I can still remember some of them..... YIKES! And that was probably bout 20 yrs ago!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:48 pm

Eileen wrote:#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#O.K. so you have got under the bed covered....what about the closet...and the attic  lol  JK,....#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eileen, you are having waaaay too much fun with this thread #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Next

Return to General