Mind tricks

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Postby sugar » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Graciespook, we had: #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hand on the ankle sensation, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#tapping on shoulder sensation, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#alarm system acting as if we had people in areas where the cameras showed no people, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#guards could not see anyone even though they were looking right at the spot that the security system was saying had a person on it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#the "incident" that was never described as the guard refused to talk about it and the guard wouldn't work that shift or floor again.  They found the guard in shock and pretty incoherent.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it
Save a horse - Learn to train
Pasofinos Rule!!
naughtypine-ranch @ hotmail.com
sugar

Postby Eileen » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:07 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#But Surgar with all due respect....could the spy camera not have picked up on a spider doing some construction work which just happened to be near the camera lense...or maybe a moth was flying and buzzing around doing its regular moth stuff and set the camera to work...or  a particle of dust...o.k. a big hunk of dust, well call it dirt if you must might have drifted by on one of its down hill skids...?  I am just merely trying to put a logical explanaition to this spooky stuff.  #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby chenders01 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eileen, I think that some "spooky stuff" IS due to ghosts.  I fully believe that they exist...although I've never had a personal experience with one.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The hubby and I had friends once who lived in an old house.  They suspected that a ghost lived in the house as they would sometimes see "shadows" floating by, or feel a coldness next to them, or hear a door banging upstairs when there was no one up there.  Their dog sensed it too.  They decided to go to the City offices to get some history on the house and they found out that one of the previous owners had died in the house (of natural causes, I'm pretty sure).  The ghost was never mean or nasty and, once they got used to her, they weren't frightened of her.  But still...I think it was kinda weird for them to have a ghost in the house!  I don't think they stayed there for very long.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#chenders -i know a friend like that too.she grew up in an old farm house out be lindsay, ON.she told me all sorts of stories.........#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#MnR - i'm glad i'm not the only one. hubby thinks i'm crazy sometimes.....he just doesn't get it though!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Eileen » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:47 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#O.K. gang, I just now got it!...lol  What I want to be when I am done my job here on earth.....lol...you  guessed it....a ghost...yep and I will be the resident ghost of Eileen's farm....I will haunt the barn with out a doubt...and play little tricks on people and play with the animals...and I will annoy the people in the house....Muahahahahaha   I love it....lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby lokukac » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK, I am cool with the  idea of the ghosts. But I don't understand you freaked-out-guys, why do you think ghosts are bad? I love them, they always help me.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/cool.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lokukac
Groupie
Groupie

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It could be spirits (I wouldn't say ghosts of dead people because I don't believe they exist, but could be other spirits, i.e. evil spirits playing tricks- not to freak you out though...) but I do agree, try to find a logical reason to everything.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My barn freaks me out too when I'm alone at night- but I have an over active imagination. It was especially freaking after I had watched The Ring- we have a loft barn, and you can see trees outside from the indoor arena- creepy. But most of the time- it is just that you are looking for scary things, so regular noises seem louder, or different than usual. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby sugar » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#re read my post, I think you misunderstood a little...the camera picked up nothing when it should have shown a person based on the security equipmens readouts.  Security staff found nothing either and the other indicators of a person leaving the area showed nothing.  The equipment was proven working properly.  Some phenominae would show up at places where certain exhibits were on tour at.  For example, Sir John A MacDonald's stuff that he sold for booze money had strange incidents follow them to places while on tour.  This was in 1978-79.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it
Save a horse - Learn to train
Pasofinos Rule!!
naughtypine-ranch @ hotmail.com
sugar

Postby Eileen » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:01 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#BLOCKQUOTE id=5dd5489f#ed_cl##ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#NOt sure if your last coment was directed to me Sugar...but I did reread your post in regards to the sensations of someone touching one on their shoulder etc...had that sometimes myself but never really figured it was a ghost, just one of those "nerve" things. like the nerve endings playing tricks on the owner of said nerves.  I sometimes have the sensation that someone has either poked me or laid their hand on my shoulder but when I jump...there is noone there...it is more or less just a funny sensationt  that myi never endings or muscles have had a party under my skin.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#a spider or moth could have moved infront o f, if not a camera then a motion detector  and set it off with out there being a person or thing in the room at the time...an when checked out the next day or next hour for that matter...nothing would show up...just a thought...not trying to argue or anyting but merely trying to put a logical explanation into the equation...lol#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/BLOCKQUOTE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby AQHAgirl » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#sounds to me like your barn is haunted.  The whispy thing in the photo on your other post very well could be a ghost in the picture.   There is such a thing as a overactive imgination, but then I also believe there is such a thing as ghosts as well.  I would be getting out the box of salt and sprinkle it around the outside of the barn and on the floor of door ways you cross through.  There's other stuff you can do too....  Ever watch montel williams when phsyic Sylvia Brown is one.  She says to tell them to go towards the light as ghost are spirts that somehow never made the tranisition over and somehow got stuck here and don't know where to go.  If that doesn't work she usually says to say a prayer and ask that a angel come down and help guide the spirt to where it should go.   #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now for my ghost story:   I used to live in a old farmhouse that I rented and especially at night I would hear footsteps upstairs if I was downstairs. then you would hear keys jingling in the kitchen if you were in the living room, then when you would go into the kitchen you would hear keys jingling in the living room.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It actually scared my husband one night after hearing the same thing and I was already upstairs asleep.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I always had a uneasy feeling when I was inside and stuff I would put on the counter or table would be moved around or gone when I woke up in the morning.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dog and cats and horses can see and hear ghosts......Ive seen my dog put the hair up on her back and start to growl at the empty corner in a room then stop that and cock her head to side like she's listening to someone talk to her and then her tail will start to wag and she'll leave that corner of the room alone.   My little girl also used to look over in that same spot and say hi for no reason as if someone was there that she could see.  That's where we live now, and I don't have the same bad feelings I did at the other house. This house used to belong to my grandparents and probably great grandparents, so if anything it's probably realitives.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sprits can be mean on occasion otherwise there supposidly harmless, they can be assocaited with places, houses, property, or even stuff like old furniture, antiques etc.  They'll travel with the old stuff that used to belong to them.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So your basically safe if it is ghosts, you just get scared.  Nothing bad will actually happen to you.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh yeah sometimes a temp change occurs when there are spirts around, as in it feels like it gets colder in the room etc.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There you can all think Im crazy now, but I have serious had some spooky stuff happen when I'm around and trust me it wasn't my imagination.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Helen Thomson ~ In riding a horse we borrow freedom

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
AQHAgirl

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I believe our house now is haunted, but I feel peaceful, instead of uneasy like in my dad's old farmhouse. I unlocked the garage, turned off the light, locked the door and came back inside. I went out into the mudroom to let the dog out, and the light was back on...it was firmly shut off before, and no one else went out there. Strange huh? And a bevy of other little things that just don't logically add up! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Previous

Return to General