Need advice on boarding in OTTAWA

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Need advice on boarding in OTTAWA

Postby **Margarita** » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:26 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi everyone, I am kind of new here, it's been a good long while since I have posted anyways!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am currently searching for outdoor board as I am looking to purchase a pony project, but I am finding that even plain jane outdoor board can cost a pretty penny! Since I am in college full time, I can't afford more than $150 a month, so my questions is; are there any other solutions than boarding at the big name stables? Does anyone know of someone looking for a field companion? I am completely willing to do work around the barn/buy my own grain/help out in any way I can. We sold our farm 1 1/2 years ago so this will literally be the first time I haveto board a horse out somewhere, it's all really overwhelming at first!! Any leads/suggestions would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#christinawhite2000@yahoo.ca#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Men should be like Kleenex; soft, strong and disposable!"
**Margarita**
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Almosta Farm » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well if you don't mind driving I have a small farm in Renfrew, I have one space available, it's inside, standing stall but the horses are outside all day, 125.00$ per month could be reduced if you want to muck on weekends#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#let me know if you're interested#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#email or phone#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#click on my links to check out my webpage#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Almosta#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Almosta Farm
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anne Scharf's place on SEcond line road (Dunrobin area) has outdoor board for $175 I believe. She has a roundpen, indoor arena to use, shelters, etc etc. She takes good care of the horses, and its a bargain for an indoor arena on the property. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#(613) 839-5272 #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Trufflemaker » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There is a lady who was advertising for someone to board at her small private place on Carp Road. Check on #ed_op#A href="http://www.equistation.com"#ed_cl#www.equistation.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# to find the ad. She listed it again fairly recently so maybe she is still looking. I think she was asking $125 but it might have been a bit more...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby **Margarita** » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:19 pm

Trufflemaker wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There is a lady who was advertising for someone to board at her small private place on Carp Road. Check on #ed_op#A href="http://www.equistation.com"#ed_cl#www.equistation.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# to find the ad. She listed it again fairly recently so maybe she is still looking. I think she was asking $125 but it might have been a bit more...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Do you know what heading this was posted under? I just tried to find it but am not having much luck!! Thanks!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
**Margarita**
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Almosta Farm » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.rooneyfeeds.com/cgi-bin/suite/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?request=detail&ad_id=22529&category_id=116&sub_id=0&variable_file=employment.variables&page=39&set=3&position=51&total_count=73&website=default&prev_action=display_sub_list&session=43738f5349567b29"#ed_cl#http://www.rooneyfeeds.com/cgi-bin/suite/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?request=detail&ad_id=22529&category_id=116&sub_id=0&variable_file=employment.variables&page=39&set=3&position=51&total_count=73&website=default&prev_action=display_sub_list&session=43738f5349567b29#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I believe this might be it#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#good luck in your search#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#almosta#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Almosta Farm
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Trufflemaker » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yes, that's the one.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trufflemaker

Postby Pony Hunter » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tournout Stables has cheap outdoor board. They have a large indoor and a nice barn too. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby zooka » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#is there a certain area of Ottawa you would prefer?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby **Margarita** » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I live in Ottawa south, but drive, so really anywhere within a 35 min radius of Ottawa! I would ideally prefer the west end, but right now am open to juuuust about anything and everything! Thanks for all the suggestions so far, please keep them coming!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
**Margarita**
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Trufflemaker » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Caper Acres is on River Road in Manotick and looks like their board is very reasonable. However I know nothing about them, just have been to their website. Have you browsed through the stable listings on equistation? Several small stables have advertised there over the summer, one I can remember is Forest Lane in North Gower. Looked nice, and indoor board was $300 I think. Not sure what outdoor board was. Good luck finding a place.... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trufflemaker

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Where in Ottawa South? I may know of a few...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby flashgordon » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:58 pm

There is Stubbe Horse Farm in dunrobin! 832 5405
flashgordon
Groupie
Groupie

Return to General