How Did my horse know!

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

How Did my horse know!

Postby Chisholm » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't know how horses know things.  But today I was riding Chis and he started acting up like something was wrong.  When he is this bad it almost always means something is bothering him.  Well to my surprise and glee his saddle isn't fitting right.  Why glee, because we are schooling 3rd level dressage and he has developed more muscles all in the right places which has changed the way the saddle fits. Yippee!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But how in the world did he know I was talking to Christian from Paramount Saddlery just yesterday and found out he is coming to Ottawa next month, Christian has been in Ottawa for nearly a year.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So on goes the gel pad till Christian comes.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Shoal » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:51 pm

For an animal with the brain the size of a walnut they sure do a lot! :wink:

That's great that he's started to develope muscles in the right spots though. How exciting!
Have you been feeding him his spinach???? :lol: :lol:
Shoal

Postby babytigger » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wowee!! way to go chis!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hope he's ok til christian gets out there!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Patricia » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In case anyone that doesn't know Christian has relocated to Sault Ste. Marie.  He has someone who looks after southern Ontario.  He travels but is infrequently in the area.  I think he is going for a lifestyle change...and while there probably pursue the U.S. market.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:23 pm

Shoal wrote:For an animal with the brain the size of a walnut they sure do a lot! :wink:
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Read BT's signature line...sooooo true LOL!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Great to hear that Chis is changing again.  Shows that you are doing things RIGHT!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Christian wife was relocated to Sault St. Marie.  But I am sure he can use it to his advantage working in the States.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He told me yesterday that now he has an apprentice he is able to travel more again.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Patricia » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She was offered a position and it was a FAMILY decision.  He told me a lifestyle change.  Definitely slower paced up there...LOL!  Isn't it Jess Stringer that looks after most of his Southern Ontario stuff?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He is planning on capitalizing on the U.S. market.  Chicago is only 6 hours away and a booming horse area.  He will travel but other areas...just my understanding when I talked to him...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Perfect timing eh? ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Eileen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:52 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Well, when you think of it.....it is usually the horse that does know first...and it is up to us humans...( intelligent ones of the equatuion) to read the signs and clues...lol  sometimes we just flunk out....good that you "got" it the first time Chis....lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well to be honest Eileen he was giving me signs over the last week or so but not enough for me to realize it was the saddle.  But now I know.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:42 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Be it known Chis you are a good mom, you did notice and took action when you "got it."...#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that is awesome that Chis is gaining muscle!!!  Now hopefully it does not ocst you an arm and a leg to fit a saddle!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm in denial about my tack. My horse is starting to gain muscle and I hope it doesn't mean new tack *sigh*#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to General