Leaving my barn, regret giving "notice" UPDATE

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Leaving my barn, regret giving "notice" UPDATE

Postby Rio Roulette » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Take my advice. Pay the board, give notice and back the trailer up. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#UPDATE - All is well. They have seen the error of their ways, and learned not to spit into the wind. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Rio Roulette on Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rio Roulette
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Pilgram » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:26 pm

thats awful RR .im speechless
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby Elisabeth » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had a somewhat of the same kind of expierence.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I gave my 30 day notice, damn wish I didnt, cause the day after I did, I got blamed for all kinds of things, (lame horses, stolen items, etc). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know that I did the right thing in giving my notice, but I have to say if I had any clue as to what would happen once I gave my notice I wouldnt have never said that I was leaving till afew days befor.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its amazing what ppl will do to cover their own butts, blame ppl for stuff that never happened, adn sometimes take their own fustrations or anger out on a animal.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#With the amount of money that your paying the stable owner(s) you would think that they would care for your horses and tell you that they moved your horses. Are your horses on full inside board? casue I cant understand what you meant by being told not to use the stalls anymore.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I too know what its like to stomp through the property looking for your horse. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope all works out for you and your horses.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Elisabeth#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Elisabeth
Newbies
Newbies

Postby TrueColours » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Are you sure you and I didnt board at the same barn(s)??? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have done the exact same thing. Given 60-90 days notice to be as fair as possible, and watched the care deteriorate to abysmal levels ...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The best one of all though was when we bought our own farm, and I gave literally about 3-4 months notice and also told them that if they needed the stall(s) - I think I had 5 horses with them at the time - to just let me know. The people we bought the farm from said that we could bring horses in early as long as I cared for them, so I was willing to rung there several times a day to look after any horses I put in there, plus keep some horses at the barn I gave notice to, because I was trying to be nice and give them every opportunity to fill the stalls before I left.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The straw that broke the camel's back was when I had one mare foal that no was in attendance on, except me and the totally drunk stable hand stumbled in a few hours later, and then *I* get billed $150.00 for "Foaling Attendance" ??? Barn owners were away, stable hand is drunk and gone and I do the foaling and I get billed???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Then they refused to turn the mare and foal out for 5 days, as the "foal still couldnt see properly", so by Day 5 I got fed up and turned them out myself, wifey gets pissed off and tells me to bring them in myself and dont expect any help from them, I tell her wuss of a husband that if she ever talks to me like that again I am going to tell her to F off and die, he runs and "tells" on me to wifey, and they both march back and tell me I have 3 ***hours*** to leave, with a stallion, a mare that has a 5 day old foal at side, another mare that is due to foal any day, and 2 youngsters. Class act all the way ...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You know - you try to be decent and treat people like you yourself would like to be treated in a similar situation and at times, you wonder why you even bother ...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
True Colours Farm

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds and Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold, 16.1hh cremello TB stallion

http://www.TrueColoursFarm.com
TrueColours

Postby Piaffing » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:12 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There are very few places that won't give you trouble after you give notice. The last barn I was at the BO said I owed her a lot of money. It was actually the other way around because she owed me about $2000 for work, barn supplies etc... I told her a flat out no I did not. She did not talk to me again, but then she started to bad mouth me well after I left the barn.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Rio Roulette » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#True Colours - that's a horror story and a half!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Rio Roulette on Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rio Roulette
Groupie
Groupie

Postby sugar » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am a barn owner and I have boarded many horses in the past.  I have also been a barn manager in a large show barn and had gobs of boarder horses in with ours and never ever treated our clientele this way.   You may find it strange then that we always gave them extra loving and care because I was going to miss the little sweeties once they were gone, as well as the people who owned them.  Personally, I find it incredible that people could be so petty and take it out on the horses, though I know they do. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#However, back when I was in social work, when the clients from the psych hospital's student social worker  assigned to them was nearing her/his end date, the clients would start to withdraw as it was painful for them to part with their new friend/helper.  When one client "withdrew" he chased the worker's car screaming at her and on another occasion refused her care visit and threatened to throw a pot of boiling water on her.  This was common and to be expected and even explained to the student.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Makes me wonder about the sanity of these barn owners for them to act  in a similar way.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it
Save a horse - Learn to train
Pasofinos Rule!!
naughtypine-ranch @ hotmail.com
sugar

Postby pmc » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:17 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sometimes it's tough to do the honourable thing. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Although expensive, I'd strongly advise anyone considering a change of barns to make sure they have enough cash put aside in advance to be able to give notice, pay the next 30 day's board and move the same day notice is given.  That way, not only have you honourably fulfilled your financial obligation to your old barn, but you won't have to be concerned about any drop in the level of care during your notice period, since you won't actually be there. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It #ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#will#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl# mean paying double board fees for a month, unless, of course, you're lucky enough to be moving to your own place.  You'll need to pay one board fee to the old barn in lieu of notice, and one to the new for the actual board services they will be providing that same month, but the peace of mind alone could be worth every cent.  Now I'm not saying that this would be the way to go in every situation, but you should trust your instincts on this.  If you have even the slightest doubt about how your leaving will be received and reciprocated upon., just cough up the cash and go.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Your horses deserve no less...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby sugar » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#pmc has the right idea, though it sure sucks that "horse loving professionals" can be so mean to the very specie and people that they are dependant on for a living.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The behavior is illogical because they should realize that their barn reputation will get worse and worse and then they will have issues finding boarders.  It would make more sense to be a little better to the ones who are leaving so that they tell their friends and you get new horses in faster.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it
Save a horse - Learn to train
Pasofinos Rule!!
naughtypine-ranch @ hotmail.com
sugar

Postby Rio Roulette » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sugar - your likening these people to psychiatric patients you have once know, has done wonders for my avid imagination LOL. But you are right, people handle loss in a strange way when they perceive it to be "loss". #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I too would be sad to have horses move out that I really liked. but in this world horses often rotate through a boarding barn more than once. Burning bridges is really really dumb. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The roof tresses are up on the barn as of yesterday. Hoping that even tho it's Rememberance Day that my contractor is coming out. I have to tell him to 'giddy up' on this building, I want them HOME. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rio Roulette
Groupie
Groupie

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ugh..I have bad and good stories to tell. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The good story is of a nice barn on the west side of Ottawa. When we bought my horse we were car restricted, and she was close to a bus stop, and willing to take us in at the drop of a hat. Because we were in the east end of the city, when we moved in, I informed her that it would only be for two months, and then I wanted him closer to me. She was fantastic. Took care of him, was shocked I was so upfront, and still welcomes me back should I need anything in a pinch. Some people are really wonderful. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Then the other barns. I haven't had *too* many problems but two barns come to mind in the past ten years where you wonder what you pay them money for, when you don't get what you want, and it seems they make all the big decisions, and things never work out. Only two though, and I left without remorse, more sadness than anything. Its too bad. I don't like to badmouth people, but it's so hard when someone asks you an opinion of this or that barn. If someone asks for my opinion, out of common courtesy I'll give them my honest opinion, as I know I should have asked peoples opinions regarding those two barns. But oh well, C'est La Vie, we get over it, move on, and our horses usually come out no worse for wear. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I love where I am now, and can't ever imagine them acting in this fashion. They have winter boarders and people who have moved home, and everyone comes back to visit and attend barn functions, which is a sure sign to me that professionalism is hard to come by, valued and most definitely appreciated. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby chenders01 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#RR, you did everything right.  Unfortunately we never know how BOs are going to handle the news when we tell them that we're leaving.  I only have one horse, so my leaving a barn has never been a huge financial blow to any barn I've been at.  In every case (I've been at 5 barns) the BO handled the situation like a professional.  My horse was taken care of for that last month and I left with no hard feelings.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I can't believe how unprofessional your BO is being!  But maybe the fact that you're taking two horses (and they've only got two boarders left) is a real financial strain for them.  But still...you are still paying board for both horses so they should treat you professionally, and not be taking out their anger on you or your horses.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm not sure what advice to give.  I would probably just lie low and put up with their antics, provided that your horses are still being properly cared for.  Okay, they may have been moved to another pasture without your approval but I would assume that they are still being fed and watered??  Who knows...maybe they are enjoying the change of scenery #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//grin.gif"#ed_cl#   #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Seriously, it's probably an inconvenience, and how they are treating you is not fair, but just try to be the bigger person and put up with it for another couple weeks.  Pretty soon, you'll be outta there for good and will have your horses on your OWN property, and you can forget about the whole nasty mess that's occurring now.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby TrueColours » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ugh ... I HATE it when stupid BO's take their frustrations and incompetancies out on the horses ... like somehow its THEIR fault that the owner decided to move them ...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#One barn I WILL mention by name is Penny Lane where I keep my broodmares after they have weaned their foals, before they head back to Deerpath to foal out and get re-bred again.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It is not a fancy barn by any means, but it is clean, the care is first rate, the hay is first rate, the stalls are always dry and bedded deeply and the care of the horse always comes first. Even if the owner is a total idiot and a jerk to deal with, the horses are always very well treated. Probably MORE so if the owner is an idiot since it isnt the horse's fault they got saddled with them in the first place ...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Probably the most telling of all was we had a discussion one day and we were fantasizing about what we'd do if we won a million dollars in a lottery and I mentioned that after I paid off my bills, I'd probably take the family on a nice trip, buy some clothes, maybe a new car, etc and Sue (at PL) said if she won the million dollars, she could re-do the sand ring, re do some stalls, spruce up the arena, fix up some fencing, etc - everything wold go towards making it nicer for the horses .... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That told me a lot about how they view the animals in their care - not just as XXX of dollars per month, but as special animals whose care was entrusted to them and they would bend over backwards to make sure they were comfortable and well cared for.  And until the day they left, no matter how much of a jerk their owners were, they would still be cared for 100% to their ability #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Deerpath is the same. Ive had some questions that Ive sat down with Rob over and we discuss them as 2 professionals who have the care of the horses uppermost in both of our minds. We dont get upset with one other, dont get mad, and the horses still get top notch care throughout and we arrive at a mature, consensual decision that both of us can live with and go forward with. I state my case and he states his and we both run businesses and both understand that in order to open the doors each day, a profit needs to be made. There is mutual respect on all sides and I believe that is the key. If you TRULY respect each other's opinion and knowledge and professionalism, you can pretty well work through anything.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its just too bad that more Barn Owners and Boarders didnt have a professional and respectful attitude towards each other ...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
True Colours Farm

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds and Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold, 16.1hh cremello TB stallion

http://www.TrueColoursFarm.com
TrueColours

Postby Megan Ball » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:10 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow what a story!! When I moved Rocky out of boarding to my farm, I had no problems with the BO, she even trailered him for me to his new home!!  I had given her 1 months notice that I'd be leaving the barn, and I didn't have to pay for any extra board. And as for freaking out over .50 cents worth of hay is absolutly childish!! Espeially when you are spending major$$ on board! Bringing horses home is so much cheaper, but you have to do the labour yourself.A 50lbs square bale of hay now costs $4.00 ea. Shavings usually cost $3.00 a bale. NOw "if" each horse eats 1 bale of hay a day and goes thru a bale of shavings every 3 days. That works itself out to $5.00 a day per horse. Thats $150 for  30 days per horse, not including labour. You'll spend so much less bringing your horses home!! Good luck with your problem and I hope that it clears up, but unfortunatly if these people have decided to act like this I would move my horses out pronto for their safety. I would also remind these people that they haven't made up a new contract for you regarding the changes of care, so your old contract still applies! That you still expect the same amount of care in your *still standing* contract. Even though these people run the barn you are still their pay cheaque. Think of it like renting an apt. The landlord cannot change the terms of your lease without a new lease- same applies to your board.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby Champ » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl#I've moved a few times now. The first time I moved Champ it was just for Training so nothing went wrong and he was deffinatly coming back to that barn. Well the a year after he came back to the farm I decided it was best to move because of some issues.  They were actually really good with taking care of him, nothing changed. So i moved to another farm and i was there for another year and I loved it but got tired of competing for riding time. So i moved back to the old farm... well HOLY!!! i moved back and nothing was the same. My horse knows how to open his stall door so they had to tie it shut, well Champ got the latch open but couldnt open the door all the way because it was tied shut so he got mad and broke it. (Only because they were late doing feeds and letting the horses out) so they moved him down the isle to another stall while that one was being fixed and he broke the latch trying to open it and then decided again to tie it shut. well the door was so messed up that you had to put all your weight into opening the door which isnt right because if something happened in the barn, Champ would be screwed!!! So my dad came to fix the door and the barn owner got mad because after two weeks of asking him to do it I got fed up. and the next day i came back after I got my G2 (I was taking co-op there but it was like 30 mins left in the day and i had places to go since i took the day off co-op) well anyways the owner came into the arena while i was riding and said i needed to bring the horses in because it was tecnically still my co-op time even tho i had told my teacher and the owners that i wasnt doing actual co-op that day, he was just mad because of my dad fixing Champs door PROPERLLY!! So i told him i couldnt of course and we got in an argument about how my horses stall had to be fixed by my dad and how his old stall hadnt been fixed (the wood was all split and broken) and they had put another boarder in it anyways. So he told me (only because i had argued back to him) that I had a month to leave. Which was fine because I was leaving when Co-op was done anyways. So now the barn im at (i've been there for a year) I'm leaving because of better opprotunities for showing and such. I've known these people since I started riding 10 years ago (this is where i started lessons)  I'm kind of afraid because of what will happen because a few things have gone down hill in the past few weeks. I'm on a waiting list for this new farm so I can go tomorrow or go in 2 months. I obviously have to give notice but I'm just not sure when and if they are goingto treat my horse differently I dont want to give notice to soon incase he isnt fed properlly for a few months :S#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Champ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Rio Roulette » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for all your stories - and thanks for the costing analysis Megan, I knew it would be cheaper, but I didn't know how much! I never sat down and really figured it out. I will LOVE to do the work myself. At my last barn, I was there every Sat and Sun morning mucking out, and I would do evening turn in and feeding - Even worked there the last 2 Christmas Days to give the BM time with her family. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Rio Roulette on Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rio Roulette
Groupie
Groupie

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good comeback. And its your perogative whether you blanket or not. I added the second blanket to the mix last night. Horrors of horrors! But we have a cold barn and he has virtually no coat. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#geesh - moving horses is worse than moving houses!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Champ » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:48 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl#The place my horse is at now... they dont blanket. Champ does not grow a very thick winter coat and they still refused to put blankets on. They dont want the hassel. Oh well, I will be hopefully moving. 2 years ago at my last barn Champ grew no coat like your horse and we had 3 blankets on him. 1 inside (it was really thick) and 2 more for outside!! & He was still freezing!!!! my poor pony (how come i cant drag or put emotions :S)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Champ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Oldnag » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:07 pm

It's so disappointing to hear barn owners acting this way.

As someone who boards horses it just makes me shake my head. Although I do it truly out of a labor of love, the business(and ethical) side of me says:

"Why in the world would I want a horse to leave my property in anything less than excellent condition, of good weight and happy as a clam".

Sheesh, who cares what the horses owner is like, whether notice was given or not. Just amazes me that these people are even in business.

Sorry this had to happen to you and your horses Rio Roulette. As far this barn owner, what goes around does certainly come around...too bad that horses will have to suffer in the process.

:(
Oldnag
Newbies
Newbies

Next

Return to General