Faux Finish was SUCH a good girl at the Royal today!l

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Postby TrueColours » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She is VERY quiet and as much as I think SHE is quiet, her full sister Chai Latte is even MORE quiet and calm no matter what we ask her to do ...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GG's babies all seem to be like that - just really nice and laid back and calm. Thank goodness! #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You know, she's the first horse I have ever decided to keep from the minute she was born. Yes - I have a horrendous price tag on her head, and maybe a Trump #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl# or a Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid could/would come up with the price on her, but I really dont want to sell her and if it came right down to it, I dont think I would.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not only are her colouring and markings the absolute epitome of what I am looking to produce, but her conformation and movement and personality and overall *look* is really just about flawless. The genetic Gods all lined up perfectly for me with her, in every way possible, and I am so grateful for that. I may go 10 years or a lifetime and never produce another one of her, ever ...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What I notice as well with her is if I scritch her neck and tell her it is okay, she visibly relaxes and calms right down. She knows and trusts me and I know her SO well and know what to do with her to keep her focused. Ive never had that before (and now I know that REALLY special bond you guys have with your horses that you have had from birth - you know them inside and out!) as I dealt 99.9% with horses off the track, and by the time I got them, they were 3 or 4 or 5 years old and went through multiple owners and when they did something stupid or dangerous, you wondered who did what to them in the past to make them react that way. With FF, I KNOW what has happened to her in the past - completely and totally - and there are no "grey" areas to her at all with me ...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So - its neat. Its really neat and gratifying to watch one of your kids grow up and go out into the big world out there and do well for themselves. #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks a bunch everyone, once again. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
True Colours Farm

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds and Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold, 16.1hh cremello TB stallion

http://www.TrueColoursFarm.com
TrueColours

Postby chenders01 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#HUGE congrats!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/18.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I looked at your pics.  She is just so FREAKING GORGEOUS!!  And that lovely, refined head...wow!!  That one pic where it's just the front half of her body and the light is shining on her, she looks like something out of mythology!!  Remind us of her breeding again??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just one question though...how do you keep her so CLEAN????#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby KimW » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:18 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was there and saw your filly - very very pretty - I loved the colouring on her knees.  Congrats on her wins.  I'm always amazed at the young ones and how they handle such a big experience!  I have a buckskin mare that is very nice but only 15.2 hh - how tall is GG now and what do you think the colour possibilities would be?  I need to look at stallions that would add height.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
KimW
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Littlegreymare » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#Way to go!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#More free advertising.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Littlegreymare
Groupie
Groupie

Postby TrueColours » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks chenders!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Buckskin's and palomino's rock! Any manure stains simply fade into their coat colours and you never even notice them! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Plus - thank goodness - she does not seem to have discovered the joys of rolling! Since the day she was born, she never has gone out into the paddock and picked a mud puddle and wallowed in it like her mother does, so other than dust and the odd stain, she stays perfectly clean! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley32.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#She has had that beautifully chiseled head from the day she was born. Her full sister - Chai Latte does as well (or did before the winter fuzzies set in!). Thats one thing that GG does throw pretty well every single time as well - is that really really pretty head on his kids which helps!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She is by Guaranteed Gold - the 16.1hh cremello TB stallion that Trinity Breeders owns and I have on lease, out of my 16.1hh bay & white sabino TB mare - Puchi Trap.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#FF is 15.3hh in behind and 15.2hh and change (as of the last measuring session about 2 months ago) and is 17 months old right now. We used to think she'd hit 16.1-16.2hh+ but now we are thinking maybe 17hh or better the way she is developing ...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GG tends to throw them bigger than he is - even out of smaller (14.2-14.3hh Arab mares that are traditionally smaller, genetically) mares, they look like they are going to to go 15.3-16.1hh at maturity.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#KimW - since your mare is a single dilute and GG is a double dilute, there are only single and double dilute possibilities for the foal.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GG has the double dilute chestnut gene and your mare has the single dilute bay gene, so the foal will be 50% palomino or buckskin and 50% cremello or perlino. Outside chance of a smoky black. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks again everyone!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
True Colours Farm

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds and Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold, 16.1hh cremello TB stallion

TrueColours

Postby Ruth » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She is lovely, TC, and congrats on a good show!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#TC - she is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!1#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#congrats on your results!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Champ » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:55 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl#Wow!! I am so jealous of your horse!!! what a looker!!! Congrates, she is a very stunning horse :D What a show stopper #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Word_Positive/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Champ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Gemina » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thank you for the photos, TC. Made my day she is the most gorgeous filly I've ever seen. Just perfect, conformation, colour, size and a lovely soft eye. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congratulations!! i love the colour of your filly!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:24 pm

Congratulations, what a lovely filly!!!
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby TrueColours » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You are all SO  kind  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl#   thank you SO much. I wont tell her that she has a fan club otherwise it might well go to her head ...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Has anyone here shown at Devon at all? I have thought about this and would love to take her down for the 2 year old TB class in May. I think it will be a wonderful litmus test to see how she does against some very nice horses down there as well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Should I look at stabling with one of the regular farms down there, or simply get a stall and do everything on my own? To be honest - I think I'd be a nervous wreck leaving her down there on her own, without someone to keep an eye on her, so I'd feel better if I could have in in among others with a bunch of eyes to keep an eye on her for me ...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Any suggestions would be most welcome!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks again everyone! #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
True Colours Farm

TrueColours

Postby Sodapoppers » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Congrats to you, she's beautiful!!! What are the percentages of color outcomes, breeding GG to a flaxen chestnut? #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#And just a little aside...How does one 'get' their horse to the royal?#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby TrueColours » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#sodapoppers - to "get" a line horse to the Royal, you mail your entries in, pay your money, load your horse into the trailer and show up at the designated spot at the correct time and voila! - you are in the Royal! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#With a chestnut mare (with or without a flaxen mane and tail) you are 100% guaranteed a palomino foal - no other colour option exists for that cross.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Whether you get a light palomino or a darker one will depend on the genetic mix between the sire and dam, but you are 100% guaranteed the palomino foal#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope that helps! #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
True Colours Farm

TrueColours

Postby Sodapoppers » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Hehe, well maybe I will breed Harvey to GG then! lol I want either a palamino or black foal...i've decided i want something that's going to help her keep her bone (i think arab may slim her baby down too much, will have to see how she finishes). #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#So I'm guessing your horse has to be papered to show at the royal? #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Edited to say my talk about breeding harvey is dreaming...lol I AM going to, but not for a long while yet. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Champ » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl#It would be my dream to compete at the royal. but i dont think me and Champ would stand a chance. he have competed at the Exibition place but only at "The Ex" in august of 2004 and i showed another horse in 2002. Me and Champ did good. our division was big so it was split and out of 60 horses i think it was (in light "A") we got a 5th and 6th in the Modified Childrens. :D#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Champ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby pmc » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#TC - She's ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats on your results with her at The Royal.  Very well deserved indeed. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kobau » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#not to often i see a picture of a horse and go "ohhhhh damn i want her!" but well i did that hehehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i love her colour, and markings... very very nice!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My first ever experience with showing on the line was in the Open Stallion class at the Royal. Nothing like starting in one of the most intimidating shows in one of the more intimidating classes! Only Devon would be more nerve-wracking I think. We were 3rd, and it's still one of my better show moments.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, Soda you need CSH papers to show at the Royal. GG is approved CSH, so take Harvey for presentation, if they grant her breeding approval you can get CSH papers on the foal and show at the Royal if you so desire.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Sodapoppers » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Thanks Ruth!! What do they look for in order for your horse to be CSH?#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

PreviousNext

Return to General