engligh hackmore

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

engligh hackmore

Postby Jamie-Lee » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hello does any know if you can show in a hackmore. i going to strat riding my horse in one and i show hunter and would like to know if you can show in them..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thank alot jamie#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
^*^*Sonny^*^*
Jamie-Lee
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yeah i think so...i doubt in hunter you can but other stuff probably.. in western i've seen them in the pleasure shows..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#G302.2 #ed_op#FONT face=Arial size=1#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl#2. Bridle: The bridle may be double, pelham, single (snaffle) or kimberwick. It#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl#must be leather (not rubber covered), rolled or plain and may be buckled,#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl#sewn or studded (not snapped).#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl#Therefore, not allowed. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Littlegreymare » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#Most schooling shows will let you, but you would have to double check with their individual rules or show Au Concours (sp).#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Littlegreymare
Groupie
Groupie

Postby horsemad! » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/14.gif"#ed_cl#Actually, LGM, it's "hors de concours"...   dang... at one time I actually knew the translation of that too... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby PerfectAngel » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Most classes (other than hunters or Eq) will allow you, at least at the basic levels...bitless bridles re a different story tho....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#btw...LGM....it's hors concours (which means out of show...as in you are not in the ribbons...)but i'm sure everyone got the idea :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Littlegreymare » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#lol thanks HM, I can never seem to remember that. I know what it means, what it's for but spelling? out the window.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Littlegreymare
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Champ » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl#Hey Jamie. I'm pretty sure, Stacy, Becky & Meagan would let you show in it at the schooling shows. If you talked to them and let them know, but since I know that you and I both want to show more Trillium next year I dont think they would let you, but i could swear i saw a horse with one 2 years ago :S or maybe I was dreaming.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl#See everyone this is the problem tho (Jamie is my cousin and we've talked about this a bit) her horse has been having problems with bits and she cant figure out which one to use. I mentioned maybe riding him in a halter to see if he is better and she apparently rode in it the other night and he was better. so I mentioned a hackmore, or a rubber bit :S I think he might have a sensitive mouth :S but im not sure. Could a rubber bit do the trick since she cant use a hackmore at Trillium shows?#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Champ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:10 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yep you can show in a english hackmore #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/cool.gif"#ed_cl# edit to that in jumper#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Eclipse's Fury on Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eclipse's Fury

Postby Patricia » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eclipse I doubt they are allowed for hunter especially on the Trillium circuit.  Although, at the jumpers they may allow.  Definitely check with the rule book.  I would address the bit problem.  Is it the fact that he doesn't like a single jointed bit?  Try a double jointed bit that lays flat like a french link.  They come in egg-butt, loose ring, and D-ring to mention a few.  It will take more than one ride to gradually get him to accept the bit as it is different and has no nut cracker effect.  Have you ruled out dental problems..?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pony Hunter » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hackmores are not aloud at ANY level of hunter competition. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#sorry I forgot to put type in the part about only in jumper sorry about that #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Postby naughty by nature » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:11 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi Jamie, I know you can't show hunter in a hackamore but I've showen x-counrty and jumper in one.  I think that a hackamore is a great device.  I used one on my mare cause anything more then a snaffle in her mouth she would freak out, and she was just a "little"  fast lol.  maybe if your going to show hunter school your horse at home with a hackamore and only ride at the shows in like a pelham or something. just a sugestion.   Also if you rode him in a halter and he was better have you had the vet out to see if he has anything wrong with his teeth ( wolf teeth or and abcess)?  Also the horse i have now is very sensitive in the mouth I use a waterford dee which is allowed in the hunter ring I'm pretty sure.  It's all joints so when the horse moves it in their mouth in will flex in alot of different ways so it's softer. My horse loves it and went from running around with his head in the air to going in a nice little frame. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
naughty by nature

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What I posted was directly from the rulebook. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to General