Royal last night!

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Royal last night!

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well i went for my first time to the Royal..Stupid me was the only one in my group who didn't bring more than 20$ and i only brought the 20$ for food! But i still got a hat and a sweater out of it. I hated how my friends who i went with just stood in the stable and were trying to 'stalk'(sp?) the riders i was like this is retated.. yes theyre good but you only think theyr good because you think theyre hot! And we watched ..im not sure exactly what it's called.. in the ring below the stables it was fun for the first 20 mins! Nothing new to me, i enjoyed watching the horses flip out hehe im mean. They were all gorgous! The one with the odd looking making on the face was so cute! And omg those Clyd's are HUGE upclose!!!!!!!!!!!!!Its more their necks that ad the bigness i think.. but theyre feet are litterally dinner plates.. and I though MnR's  Moose's feet were big! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And did anyone else notice in the hunter showing ealier in the arena place that the ridiers were jumping without stirrups?? nuts hehe. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had NO idea what i was watching at night so i just went with it. Then someone told me it was dressage night! I was soo happy i was runing around so happy lol. After seeing the dressage that good in person i was shocked on how good it is...I think that Cindy shouldn't have won...maybe 2nd.. Jacqueline Brooks should have won!! I loved her proformance, i wanted to cry it was that good. When the first girl went i was like hmm thats okay i guess. I know its world class but hehe Ankys better lol! The wagon stuff was fun and the jumping at the end-omg. I knew nick would win, him and Russel are perfict for each other..thats a rider i would love to meet!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Going back on Sat. with money maybe if i don't go to the other tack sale#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby horsemad! » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There's always tons to see, do, buy and eat at The Royal! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#"And did anyone else notice in the hunter showing ealier in the arena place that the ridiers were jumping without stirrups?? nuts hehe."#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you saw people jumping w/o stirrups you were more than likely watching an equitation class, not a hunter class. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yes, you do need some moula if you're going to the royal...hence the reason why i'm not going this year.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby cnd_cowgurl84 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yes the royal does put a dent in the wallet.. but i must say it is so worth it.. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But i did find that there wasnt that many venders this year... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cnd_cowgurl84
Newbies
Newbies

Postby LucasL » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Riding without stirrups - that was the Medal final....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The girl who won had a terrific seat!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dressage - I like Jackie and Evi's rides the best. They are two of our riders that I would love to clinic with. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Russel was awesome...he looks like he's half asleep when he comes out, then he pops over everything so easily. Lovely horse, too.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
LucasL
Groupie
Groupie

Postby zooka » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#man some year I will make it out to the royal.... sounds like so much fun!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Sodapoppers » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#I had a great time!! Didn't spend too much money either...I bought lilac bell boots for Harv, a red sweat shirt that says 'dressage' and on the front pockets I got my horse's names embrodered. The dressage was the highlight of the night...I am really excited to start to DO something dressage-y lol I started today with Dream a little bit...got him doing corners properly and got him round for about 6 steps!! woo hoo!! #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Champ » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl#Was it the 6 bar that you watched at the Royal where they have 6 jumps line dup and each get bigger and bigger? If so thats awsome and I wouldnt put a pass to it that as soon as i saw Nick and Russel come into the ring that they would win. I watched them on TV a few weeks back for the 6 Bar and as soon as I saw them come in the ring I looked at my boyfriend im like heres you winner and sure enough he won. He even tried to go to the next level and break the record for 6 bar by jumping 6'11 so basically 7 feet and Russel just rubbed the last jump and it came down. but he still won which was good. Russel is an amazing horse with an amazing rider. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Champ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:09 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Champ: I did see the 6 bar that you saw, and i was just amazed with that horse and rider! But yes it was on yesterday when i was there. I was sitting at a bad angle, i just saw the horse's bums when jumping... but best seats for dressage!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The medal classes are my favorite to watch. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glad you had fun, maybe I'll make it down next year! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Ridikulous_Remarks » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i went down on Saturday(fifth) and then again on tuesday(8th). I loved it! I want( going to demand) to go again next year! Did anyone go to the horse show?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Elizabeth#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Time spent with horses is never time wasted"
Ridikulous_Remarks
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A girl from our office was riding in the Royal and got some ribbons..thats my new goal..to get my horse to the Royal ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to General