Need help with a name

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Need help with a name

Postby Serenity » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I need help finding a name, well a new name, for a filly. She is a yearling, just turned 1 this month. Her sire is a 17.1hh Clydesdale and her dam is a 16.1hh Hackney. I am not sure what her parents names are or even what they look like. The filly's name is Fancy (I don't really like it) and she is a bay with some white on her face, a white stocking, a black mane and a black/white Clyde tail. I need a barn and show name for her. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, I like unique, majestic, strong names....not cute little names like fluffy, snowflake ect. lol. That's just not me. Thanks!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~* Serenity Love *~
Serenity
Groupie
Groupie

Postby TrueColours » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#okay - here are a few barn names:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Capri / Xena / Maui / Thai / Cleo / Bling#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope that helps!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
True Colours Farm

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds and Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold, 16.1hh cremello TB stallion

http://www.TrueColoursFarm.com
TrueColours

Postby goldendryad » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:38 pm

Libra#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Lisbon#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Eldora#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Esparenza#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Phoenix#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Marquis#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Indira#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Serif#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Satine#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Jubileu#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Rapture#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Contrera#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Montera#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Mystique#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Haiku#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Kaveri#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Divya#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Dara (dare-ah)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Isadora#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Solace#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Celeste#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Chanel Chic#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Azalee » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Zorya...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Freya...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Artemis...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Juno...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Athena...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

name

Postby Gypsy » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:20 am

What  I sometimes do is think of a word that describes her 
in english and then look it up in a different language like
spanish.  I just got a new filly while I was in Hawaii and was
thinking of a Hawaiin name because she reminded me of a sunrise because
of her pinto markings.  There are web sites that will convert
words in an online dictionary.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
You never know what you will come up with.  Even simple words can sounds really neat.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Gypsy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby CoBud » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=postbody#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#I like to do that as well. Here are some that I've found:#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=postbody#ed_cl#Estrella...(which means)...star#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#De Magie....magic#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Feliz.....happy#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Poderoso.....powerful#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Esprit.....spirit#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wunder.....miracle (german)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Milagro.....miracle (spanish)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Harmonie.....harmony#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Extravagante.....fancy#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
CoBud

Postby zooka » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#did you get a new horse Serenity?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What I do is I look at baby names website.  I pick a letter I would like the name to start with and then look at the names and their meanings.  That way you can get exactly what you want.  Like my horse Galen means tranquil and calm and that is what I wanted her to be and luckily she is living up to her name!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pilgram » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:23 pm

#ed_op#font face="verdana" size="2"#ed_cl#heres a few or a lot i found.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span style="font-weight: bold;"#ed_cl#Barn Names:#ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span#ed_cl#Augusteen (#ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="verdana" size="2"#ed_cl#Majestic)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="verdana" size="2"#ed_cl#Madailein  (#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="verdana" size="2"#ed_cl#Magnificent)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="verdana" size="2"#ed_cl#Zaira (Princess)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="Times New Roman,Times" size="2"#ed_cl#Magic#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="Times New Roman,Times" size="2"#ed_cl#Shadow#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="Times New Roman,Times" size="2"#ed_cl#Serenity#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="Times New Roman,Times" size="2"#ed_cl#Gabriel#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Galaxy#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="Times New Roman,Times"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="-1"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#span#ed_cl#Belle#ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span#ed_cl#Beuty#ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="verdana" size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span style="font-weight: bold;"#ed_cl#Show Names:#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Majestic Majesty#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl#
#ed_op#table width="100%"#ed_cl#
#ed_op#tbody#ed_cl##ed_op#tr#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Blues #ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl#
#ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Clear#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl#
#ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Dancer#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl#
#ed_op#tr#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Dream#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl#
#ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Dreamer#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl#
#ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Express#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl#
#ed_op#tr#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Jewel#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl#
#ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Lady#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl#
#ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Legacy#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl#
#ed_op#tr#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Madness#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl#
#ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Magic#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl#
#ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Majesty#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl#
#ed_op#tr#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Mayhem #ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl#
#ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Myth #ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl#
#ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Spark #ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl#
#ed_op#tr#ed_cl##ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Sun #ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl#
#ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Surprizes #ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl#
#ed_op#td class="text11black"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl#Midnight Wanderer#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/td#ed_cl##ed_op#/tr#ed_cl##ed_op#/tbody#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/table#ed_cl#

#ed_op#font face="Times New Roman,Times" size="2"#ed_cl#Majestic Wind#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="Times New Roman,Times" size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/font#ed_cl#
Last edited by Pilgram on Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby Patricia » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Bay Street, Destined for Stardom, Reflection, Keiffer, Destiny, Waverley, Peyton....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Serenity » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thank-you everyone who has given me names, they are all unique and interesting. So far I really like Capri, Esperenza, Indira, Kaveri, Isadora, Estrella, Zaira, Peyton and Reflection. I am really liking Capri though..also I did as a few of you suggested and translated her name, Fancy, into other languages and it ends up being Fantasy and Fantasia...I am thinkin for a show name..Fancy Fantasy, sounds nice, I picture a sleek TB mare when I think of that name tho. I don't think it would suit this filly...I'll keep you posted, I will have pictures of her this week.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~* Serenity Love *~
Serenity
Groupie
Groupie

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I like Indira..very mysterious and beautiful. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to General