Finding Old Friends...?

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Finding Old Friends...?

Postby MizDeath » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#000000 size=2#ed_cl#Hi all - ok this will sound silly - does anyone ever hear of people finding horses they parted with years ago? #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#000000#ed_cl#I sold/traded my 14.2hh pony when i outgrew him approx 20 years ago. If hes still alive hed be 27. I look everywhere for him, to no avail. Is there a good place to start? #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#000000#ed_cl#FYI: His name was Suds. He was 14.2hh, welsh arab mix, dappled grey. traded to Crediveiw Stables in approx 1985 (im guessing) while Rick Thompson was there. Saw him at a schooling show in Oarkville one time after the trade and never again. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#000000#ed_cl#Any thoughts? Anyone done this before? #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
MizDeath
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I for sure think that its a possibility to find old horses and ponies that we all once owned. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/13.gif"#ed_cl# Just where do you start? Like wow 20yrs ago thats tough? who knows what you will come up with #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl# I am not trying to find a old pony or horse I once knew but instead I am trying to find out where my horse came from lol He was rescued from the meat market and I would love tomaybe see if  he is registered or what his actual breeding is (I know atleast part arab for sure trust me its pretty obvious lol) ! but I am too busy right now to actually sit down and try and figure it all out! soooooo hard I dont know where to start looking lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck finding your old pony!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Postby ~*Pony Luver*~ » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow thats a toughie!!! where have you looked already? I dunno if I'll be able to help but i wish you lots of luck!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Some of us are like wheelbarrows, only useful when pushed and easily upset.
~*Pony Luver*~

Postby zooka » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would say looking on different boards like this and asking about the pony may spark someones memory.  You could also post in classifieds and see if it breings anything up.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby spotz » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:48 am

I would think the easiest way would be to contact the people you sold
your pony to.....Do you remember their name? They could tell you what
happened to your pony & if they sold it they should know the name
of the people who bought it.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Unless you sold it to a horse dealer they should remember your
pony!  I remember everyone's name I bought a horse from or sold a
horse to.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Horses names get changed all the time so you might not get anyone
remembering it by the name you called it, so if you have photo's that
could help if posting on the web....also any scars or identifiable
markings or quirks could help jog someone's memory...#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Get Spotted In A Crowd...Ride An Appaloosa!"
"I'M HOT 4 SPOTZ"
My Patty!
spotz
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#aww i hope you find him. You can try to post on dif. boards put up signs in tack shops.. Most likly his name won't be Suds anymore, but maybe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ps. i really like that name its cute#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And this is why I like passports. For people who keep showing them, and legitimately pass along the passports, its a great tool to finding your horse. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#tough one - good luck......hope you find your old friend.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i've often wondered where some of the schoolies are that i rode in lessons way back when.....there are a couple that i'd love to find out what happened to them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Return to General