so we rode tonight.....

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

so we rode tonight.....

Postby Pilgram » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:06 pm

This evening my mom and i went trail riding and the ranch is neighbors#ed_op#br#ed_cl#with shellenberg stables i though AWSOME!. so yea we were to ride at#ed_op#br#ed_cl#430 we got there at 420  and my mom rode TJ i rode cherokee. i was#ed_op#br#ed_cl#more concerned about my mom since i already know how to ride but i was#ed_op#br#ed_cl#shocked when my mom was on tj though he ate 4 times he was hungry my#ed_op#br#ed_cl#mom handled him like a champ. and out iof it all she wants to go again#ed_op#br#ed_cl#except theyre was 7 of us with the trail guide lindsay but one guy#ed_op#br#ed_cl#never wore a helmet and he wanted to trot the 4 miles back to the barn#ed_op#br#ed_cl#im like dumbass lol but lindsay didnt do it because my mom was the only#ed_op#br#ed_cl#begginer well other then that i mean it went great better then i#ed_op#br#ed_cl#expected though at the begining of the trail ride i was 4 horses behind#ed_op#br#ed_cl#my mom. I wasnt very comfortable behind her that much but yeah it was great..My only problem#ed_op#br#ed_cl#now is shellenberg doesnt have "packages" like other stables but they#ed_op#br#ed_cl#have an awsome show coach so im thinking you get what you pay for so if#ed_op#br#ed_cl#i want to be able to show by at least spring 07 i might as well go with#ed_op#br#ed_cl#shellenberg but yeah i dont know yet still stable hunting.
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby zooka » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I wish I could get my mom riding!  Sounds like a nice place that took good care to not do too much with a beginner in the pack.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:36 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My mom used to occasionally go riding with me, it was a lot of fun! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yah...sometimes i like it when my mum comes up to the barn with me........by the same token, i like taking my 8 yr old daughter at times as well#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Kaleena » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My mom use to come to the barn with me all the time (had to drive me hehe) but never really was into handling the horses other than the occational pat or treat. When I moved to a new barn about 8 years ago she told the owner that if she very needed help the odd time that she would be willing to come over during the day. Well one thing lead to another and now my mom works there full time during the day (works is a loose term because she does it more to be out of the house than the pay) and has been riding in weekly lessons for about 3 years now! We have a lesson together on tuesdays :) Its really nice to have a time set up to see my mom and do something that we both enjoy since now I've moved out permanently.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to General