He Did It!!!

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

He Did It!!!

Postby Champ » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl#K, I know I told everyone that I was going to wait for a while until I tried those annoying lead changes. Well the coach at my barn was out finishing up some lessons and my cousin who also rides (her user name on here is Jamie -Lee) happened to drop by so I got them to watch me for a bit just to watch me ride well then I decided this is the best time as ever to get someone to watch me because I dont normally have anyone there watching me who actually knows what to look for. So anyways I tried it anyways and well what do yea know..... fricken horse gave me half, I tried again and he gave me a full, and then once more gave me a full !!!!! then i talked with them about it for a bit and they were as dumb founded as I was and so they left and I tried once more and he gave a full change again!!! so i dont know what was up with the horse but he now gives them again. He only had two days off so I dont know if it was actually that :S Anyways I just wanted to let you all know :D#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Champ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby naughty by nature » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#congrats on getting you changes.  I know they take forever to get i remember almost a full year of simple to flying changes on my mare.  If your horse used to do them and all of a sudden would (thats what it sounds like from ur post)  take a look back to see if there is anythign different in the way your riding or maybe your horse was sore and just couldn't do them till he got a couple days off.   Now for me to train my baby to do them lol maybe i won't have to he almost always lands on the correct lead #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
naughty by nature

Postby Champ » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl#He was never sore (well obviously sore that is, im not sure if there was something in his shoulder bugging him but it wasnt obvious to the eye) and he is 6 and has done full lead changes for a few years now. We've done a lot of competing so he needed to know how to do full lead changes. It took a year and a bit to get "full lead" changes and then he just decided that he wanted to go back to basic's and do simple lead changes...... horses I tell yea. They have a mind of their own sometimes. :P#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl#<------ That me and my horse.... I finally figured out how to get it up there lol. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/SilverWishes/wrongdiag2.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Champ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby TrueColours » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah - thats a biggie when something finally clicks in their little brains and they figure out how to do a clean change for you! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
True Colours Farm

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds and Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold, 16.1hh cremello TB stallion

http://www.TrueColoursFarm.com
TrueColours

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe you subconciously rode a little differently with someone watching and it was more correct this time ;) ?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:49 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#congrats on whatever the reason is that you can now get it!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Champ » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:42 am

graciespook wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe you subconciously rode a little differently with someone watching and it was more correct this time ;) ?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl#That could very well be. I dunno, whatever happened between me and Champ it worked. :D#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Champ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:49 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hee hee...I just say that because I know thats typical of me :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:04 am

graciespook wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hee hee...I just say that because I know thats typical of me :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#could very well be.that would be just like me too! lol........#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#anyways glad you guys got the flying changes back....perhaps laying off them for a few days & then trying them is the secret with your guy??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#oh, and TC - nice pic!! that's FF isn't it?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby TrueColours » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#babytigger - that could well be it as well - instead of intentionally drilling the changes, non chalantly asking for them might be the ticket for him ...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah - thats FF!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl# Just figured out how to add the avatar's and thats one of my favorite pics of her! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
True Colours Farm

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds and Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold, 16.1hh cremello TB stallion

http://www.TrueColoursFarm.com
TrueColours

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:44 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#TC -sometimes you gotta wonder eh? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i've seen horses get frustrated by getting asked for the exact same movements over & over & over again.kinda like how i feel when the kids are non-stop bugging me for something........i figure make it casual....ask for it, if you get it good, if not.maybe try again in a few minutes...by not making such a huge deal out of it, you're probabaly more likely to get the desired result. asking over & over & over & spending your 45 min ride drilling your horse for one movement is only going the tick them off & get you frustrated.....and i think they'd be less willing the next time you ask for the change.....makes sense to me!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and that pic of FF is adorable, she's a beauty!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#champ - good luck to you...you've got a cutie of a horse & i'm sure you'll figure out his key to flying changes!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Ruth » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have definitely found with flying changes that "less is more", I'll do one or two each way and leave it at that, and not every time I school.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to General