Equine Insurence

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Equine Insurence

Postby cnd_cowgurl84 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What Insurence Comany do you use?? im in the market and i have no idea where to start :S help..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cnd_cowgurl84
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am looking into it too, i go a really good name.. maybe i should have grabed it before i posted! Butit dipends on what you want, since now my horses are being used for lessons i need commercial(sp?) insurance and that will be A LOT of $$$ #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Azalee » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I use Henry...I've never had a problem with them and they've always been pleasant to deal with.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby cnd_cowgurl84 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well its not for lessons.. i have 1 horse as is.. lol and over the next year or so i will have 3 :S .. im just looking  for basic with good medical.. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cnd_cowgurl84
Newbies
Newbies

Postby MacnRio » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For basic insurance you can just get an OEF membership.  I'm using Intercity and they were awesome to deal with (for my entire farm).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I use HEP, and they have now added a full surgical plus medical option with coverage up to $10,000 for $325/year. I took it, the previous coverage which was up to $5,000 wouldn't make much of a dent in a colic surgery, which is my primary concern with medical.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby pmc » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yup, HEP here, too.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Here's their website:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.hep.ca/"#ed_cl#http://www.hep.ca/#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:35 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#I deal with a few different insurance co.  HEP for one. then my farm ins as well then another ins co for some of my vehicles...you just got to find the right combination that suits you .#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby jax » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm with HEP as well.  I like the fact that along with the medical, surgical, disability and mortality (God forbid I ever have to use it), I can also insure all of my tack against theft / damage, and insure myself if I get hurt while riding (again, God forbid...). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Foxie » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm also with HEP. They had the best coverge. I got the 10,000 for medical and surgical. That was my main concern. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Piaffing » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm with HEP for my horse, tack and trailer.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Elisabeth » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've used HEP for years now and never had a problem. Their great to deal with and will answer all your questions.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My Vet was the one to tell me about them and had nothing but the best of praise for them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope you find a company that can take care of your needs,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Elisabeth#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Elisabeth
Newbies
Newbies

Return to General