A different paddock accident

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Postby ~Cnigh~ » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#Sorry to hear that Boomer was hurt Ruth.  I would make sure your there tomorrow morning for turn out as well.  If nothing happens great, but at least you'll have peace of mind.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#I was just getting to work one morning when the Bo came flying out to tell me one of the horses had ripped his eye open on a water bucket in his stall.  It was grusome, and every one felt horrible.  But it truly was one of those sh*t happens moments. He lost a large portion of his lower eye lid.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#The same horse had also gotten his head stuck in the water bucket another time and freaked out.  Ended up sitting on his butt like a dog, drenched with the water bucket on his head & and his very expensive blanket torn to shreds.  Thankfully no injury that time.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#As for turn out, sometimes I feel that every time you turn a horse out your asking for something to happen.  Seems that the more $$ the horse is worth, the more $$ they end up costing in vet bills.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#I think thats why I'm so happy with my backyard happy hacker.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
To ride or not to ride................?
What a stupid question!!!
~Cnigh~
Newbies
Newbies

Postby spotz » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:02 am

WOW, Ruth I hope he's ok!!  That's awful!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
It's hard enough to work a new horse into a group but to have #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
someone put out the wrong horse in a group is bad...especially with your system!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Speedy healing to your boy!!.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Get Spotted In A Crowd...Ride An Appaloosa!"
"I'M HOT 4 SPOTZ"
My Patty!
spotz
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I left a message for the BO this AM to say that I was concerned about what might happen tomorrow. I expect he'll call me back and let me know what steps he has taken to ensure this doesn't happen again - he has been known to take a day off work himself if he has to, and I am going to let them know at work that I might be a little late, that way if I have any reason to worry I have some leeway with going up to make sure all is well. The problem with Fridays is that we're short-staffed here, if it was any other day my bosses would not mind at all.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It turns out that the BO managed to get the guy who works Mon-Thurs to come in today, so there shouldn't be any problems with turnout mistakes.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Previous

Return to General