Hay in the Hair

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Hay in the Hair

Postby EatMyDust » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I throw hay over the fence into the hay feeder everyday for the horses.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a problem with this...even the slightest breeze throws the hay right into my face or blows all over the paddock. Feeding in the barn isnt an option, and giving them a whole bale isnt an option because they eat it to fast, does any one have any ideas, and does anyone else have this problem??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby Emerald » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hay in the Hair Problem, it also gets stuck in my clothes #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I try to keep my hair tied back and have a stiff brush to remove the pieces, Does look good with office attire. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby Flyin' High » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#umm i think EVERYONE has this problem... wear a hood to kepe it outa your hair, but thats about it... kind one of thoes "TOUGH LUCK" things riders have to deal with#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Flyin' High

Postby Ruth » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Isn't hay in the hair the latest accessory?#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm always covered in it, but it does help to keep my hair tied back, and this time of year I always have a snood on.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Can you take the hay into the field so that you don't have to throw it over the fence?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pony Hunter » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Umm wearing a cap might help a little, I never see my horse before I go to school so I don't have that problem. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby Champ » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl#When I used to do my co-op at the barn and the wind was blowing I would always just turn my head and quickly move out of the way. That way it would get the back of my head and I wouldnt notice it hahaha lol Yea its kind of a Tough Luck kinda thing#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Champ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby EatMyDust » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That lovely wind pushed the hood back at the last second, removing my "protection" and allows that lovely dry, messy, hay to fly into my hair.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have really long hair so the majority of the time its up anyways...I cant take the hay into the field, because we use round bales...so yeah its hard, I dont know...I guess its a "suck it up princess"kinda thing#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby zooka » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol I think it is just a fact of life if you are dealing with horses.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well at least you don't get it down your front end into your bra.  This happens to me when I am carrying large amounts of hay out in the muck since the bales are too heavy to carry all the way in the muck.  So I take over a 1/4 of the bale and carry it and when I'm finished I have to empty out my bra, I know how the scarecrow felt in Wizard of Oz. LOL.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But in my hair well isn't that normal.  Don't you know that's the cheapest way to get highlights in your hair. LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#80ff00#ed_cl#Well if the hay is blowing in your hair.. you could try to turn away from it hehe, I'll draw a diagram#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff00ff#ed_cl#**= hay#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff00ff#ed_cl#| = you #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff00ff#ed_cl#~~ = wind#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#Now#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#~~ ** |#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#New idea#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#|**~~#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0000bf#ed_cl#Wow can you tell im bored?#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

re

Postby lola s » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0080ff#ed_cl#Well, you could try NOT throwing it over the fence and actually walking into the paddock and placing it in the feeder.  Personally, I either wear a hood or take my chances.  You could also stand upwind from where you are throwing and then it won't blow back in your face. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lola s
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby EatMyDust » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You know I bet guys dont have that problem...my bra was full tonight...more in there then in the hay feeder! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thats what i said! Except i drew a cool diagram#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smoker.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby spotz » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:21 am

I have large raised hayracks in every field & the V hayrack part is
over 6ft high with a catchpan underneath...I have to climb up on it
& open the lids to put squarebales in it.....I am usually wearing
my hay by the time I am done.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I find the big problem is getting hay in my eyes!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I try to wear a hat or hoodie & then on windy days I will wear protective glasses/ski goggles to protect my eyes..#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Get Spotted In A Crowd...Ride An Appaloosa!"
"I'M HOT 4 SPOTZ"
My Patty!
spotz
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby MacnRio » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In the morning I feed the horses BEFORE I shower ;)  However, I DO end up with it all down my pj's!! Now that it is colder out I just put my one piece lined coveralls over my pjs and head out.. OK, they dont make a fashion statement, but it does keep me warm!  Anyways, the other day my zipper was a bit down and it was windy. I was in the pasture (I wheel a whole bale out in a wheelbarrow then spread it out) and picked up a few flakes to toss. Just at that moment the wind picked up and I got it ALLL down the inside of my pj's..... I caught the majority in my topand was able to shake it out, but some of it went downt the bottoms..... yikes....  Try THAT!! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yah EMD - it is pretty much a "suck it up princess" thing. whe i used to work at barns....heck - comig home covered in hay/shavings dust/straw/dirt, etc was all part of the day's work. i actually never minded really...just hated getting shavings dust in my eyes or mouth (yuck!!). wear a hood ot a ball cap.....i alway had my hair tied back & a ball cap on when i worked at the barns...............the couple of times people saw me in my "civies" (ie: non-barn clothes), with ahir down....well, they were surprised to say the least, LOL.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Ruth » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I was covered in icky spiderwebs and dust after my morning activity of hanging up the underpad we use to shut off the back of the barn in the winter. I prefer hay down the bra to spiderwebs thanks. These are big garden spider webs too.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby EatMyDust » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#EWWW spiders are yucky! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hay is VEERYYY itchy though!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby Pilgram » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:01 pm

Pretty_Pony72 wrote:#ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#80ff00"#ed_cl#Well if the hay is blowing in your hair.. you could try to turn away from it hehe, I'll draw a diagram#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#ff00ff"#ed_cl#**= hay#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#ff00ff"#ed_cl#| = you #ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#ff00ff"#ed_cl#~~ = wind#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#ff0000"#ed_cl#Now#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#ff0000"#ed_cl#~~ ** |#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#ff0000"#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#ff0000"#ed_cl#New idea#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#ff0000"#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#ff0000"#ed_cl#|**~~#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#0000bf"#ed_cl#Wow can you tell im bored?#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
LOL pony#ed_op#img src="richedit/smileys/Happy/8.gif"#ed_cl#
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:34 am

MacnRio wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In the morning I feed the horses BEFORE I shower ;)  However, I DO end up with it all down my pj's!! Now that it is colder out I just put my one piece lined coveralls over my pjs and head out.. OK, they dont make a fashion statement, but it does keep me warm!  Anyways, the other day my zipper was a bit down and it was windy. I was in the pasture (I wheel a whole bale out in a wheelbarrow then spread it out) and picked up a few flakes to toss. Just at that moment the wind picked up and I got it ALLL down the inside of my pj's..... I caught the majority in my topand was able to shake it out, but some of it went downt the bottoms..... yikes....  Try THAT!! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Those coverall things are the best invention for anyone who has to work in the barn in the winter :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to General