MIA - MDFA.

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

MIA - MDFA.

Postby mdfa » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:47 am

#ed_op#font size="-1"#ed_cl##ed_op#tt#ed_cl#MIA? More like POW, in the War With Time. I'm so
swamped with family problems (mostly kids and school), pre-Christmas
rush of portrait commissions and just plain everyday stuff, some  days
I hardly remember what my name is. And work is getting suddenly busy as
well, so I don't have time to surf and post a lot. Mostly I "read and
run",  before my boss looks over my shoulder.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
What have I been up to? Well, let's see. I left somewhere in the
summer, before our vacation from he** that almost ended up in divorce
(we straightened out most of that so yes, I'm still married ;-). Then
kids went back to school (my little guy's 1st time into SK) and the
school problems started... Those are getting better as well, but I find
I've been trying to catch up to the stuff that was supposed to be done
months ago all this time. Not sure if I ever will catch up.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
 #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
But at least riding is going well!  (BG) I lost my favourite horse, my
buddy, with whom I really had a connection. He had some soundness
issues and had to go back to the dealer where he came from. Even though
he was a school horse and I knew he might not be there forever, I still
had a hard time with him leaving... OK, so I cried for 2 weeks...  And
still tear up when I look at his stall or someone asks me about him
unexpectedly. What makes it hard is not knowing what has happened to
him after he left. The experience took a lot of wind out of my sails
confidence wise and when I started riding another horse it was as if I
had to learn all over again. I gained most of it back and my new mount
is teaching me different things. I'm getting really confident in canter
(yippieeee!) and starting to do some bending exercises and dressage
movements (as in serpentines, simple changes of leg in canter, etc...)
It's getting fun. The only problem is, I wish I had a dressage horse
schoolmaster to ride as opposed to a jumper. Sometimes I ask him for
things he has no idea how to do. But that will come when the time is
right. I so wish I could afford my own horse... Yes, I do keep buying
lottery tickets.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
That's about it in a nutshell. Not much new, just busy, busy, busy. And
tired. I do check the BB often and enjoy reading, just don't find I
have much time to think about good replies and type them out. I'll try
and get better... #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Margaret, who was never really MIA.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/tt#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl#
mdfa
Groupie
Groupie

Postby babytigger » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#MDFA - glad to hear life isn't slowing down for you, although at times i wish it would for everyone, LOL.........#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i can comisserate with you about kids in school & home issues, etc......glad to hear you're riding is keeping you sane!! i too went through several "favourite" schoolies, and was always upset when they left, or got sold, etc (esp when i had to ride them in a lesson just to show them off to a potential buyer, but that's another story!!!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#as for the rst of the gang here - well everyones keeping busy, as always, and now i get to join them..i now have a horse to ride. NO NO...he's not mine. but i get to ride him as often as i can get up to see him, and his owner would like me to take hi to some jumper shows next season....so we're working on building a partnership this winter and will hopefully do decently enough in a few shows next year (which will be more of a credit to his skills than mine, LOL!)!! i've ridden him a couple of times (bad weather has kept me from going an extra couple of times), and have an official lesson with his owner this weekend...i'm looking forward to finding out what makes him tick!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Patricia » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey Margaret welcome back!  I have NO life so I post.  I hope you got that link I sent you?  Glad to hear your still riding and progressing and most of all having FUN!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Hev339 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:06 am

Nice to hear from you MDFA! #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I hear you, sometimes it's hard to find the time to come in here and
actually post, that's for sure. But it's good to know you're still
around here, lingering...and hope that things get better for you,
sounds like you have been very busy and had a lot of other things on
your mind. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Don't forget everyone here at EC will always listen if you need it, they're a great group to lean on in a crunch! #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Katie » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow, you didn't tell me all that girl!  And I thought I had things to whine about.......you have a PM....your link didn't work!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"#ed_cl#Hey everyone.........take a look at her avatar.  It is an award winning drawing that she did.  And she had serious competition.....it was from the American Academy of Equine Art.  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//ec-thumbup.gif"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley32.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congratulations, Margaret!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Katie

Postby babytigger » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:39 am

Katie wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"#ed_cl#Hey everyone.........take a look at her avatar.  It is an award winning drawing that she did.  And she had serious competition.....it was from the American Academy of Equine Art.  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//ec-thumbup.gif"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley32.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#WHOA!! you mean that's a drawing??!!!!!holy crap!! i knew MDFA was an artiste, but WOWEE!! i thought that was some artsy photo some big wig photographer had done! MDFA - that is awesome!!!!!! i wish i could be that good...i'm such am amateur at drawing horses........you know...i keep saying this...if i ever get of my a$$ i'll post some pics of my work for you guys.....i just can never find time to scan the work#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#CONGRATS MDFA!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:50 am

Good to see you back and I'm glad that the lessons are going well. It is amazing how much riding helps to keep the rest of life's problems at a distance for a while. I do miss it.

Like you, I am really busy right now. Business is picking up substantially, treated my first Grand Prix dressage horse with great results. Because of it I have 7 to treat next visit!!

We have bought a house north of Cobourg and plan on moving there mid-January and we may have found a "rescue" Golden to come with us. I come here and just read most days, that's all I have time for. Once in a while I can relax and find time to post.

I love your avatar, what a wonderful talent.
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Patricia » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Margaret you should be proud of that work and achieving that honour.  I imagine you had some stiff competition.    I loved art in high school. Alas I was told I never had enough talent and just never pursued it.  I would love to see more of your work!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Katie » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh Patricia, you should try it again.  I hate it when evil mean people discourage others like that.  It is often just jealousy.  Just do what you love, and it will grow.  I've seen it happen so often with my students.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Katie

Postby mdfa » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:52 pm

Babytigger,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#thanks for your kind words. Yes, I wish life would slow down a bit as#ed_op#br#ed_cl#well! Congrats on "your" horse! Sounds like he is a great prospect for#ed_op#br#ed_cl#you and I do hope your relationship grows over the winter. Hey, that's#ed_op#br#ed_cl#what I need. Someone to have a horse for me to ride locally... Anybody#ed_op#br#ed_cl#know of a dressage schoolmaster that needs more exercise? LOL. Speaking#ed_op#br#ed_cl#of art, it's all in  practice. So keep working on it. A few#ed_op#br#ed_cl#minutes a day and you will not believe the improvements. Please do post#ed_op#br#ed_cl#some of your work - I'd love to see it.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Patricia,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Katie is right - don't ever listent to the naysayers, especially to art#ed_op#br#ed_cl#teachers. I have not had a positive experience with one yet. And I#ed_op#br#ed_cl#think it is jealousy as well. Do give it a try again, please? There was#ed_op#br#ed_cl#a reason why you loved it in the past. And if you ever have any#ed_op#br#ed_cl#questions, well you can just e-mail me and I'll be glad to help. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#I also got your message and link and I will reply to you privately.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Hev339,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#You are right. This place is great and full of supportive people who#ed_op#br#ed_cl#BTDT. It's just hard sometimes to find time to organize my thoughts and#ed_op#br#ed_cl#even harder to admit my life is going to the dogs when it is... I'll#ed_op#br#ed_cl#try to do better , promise!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Katie,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#as I said in the other thread you started - you are in SERIOUS#ed_op#br#ed_cl#TROUBLE!!! LOL, thanks for your congratulations... I don't like to#ed_op#br#ed_cl#whine about my personal problems so I didn't tell you... We were just#ed_op#br#ed_cl#talking art.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#span style="background-color: rgb(160, 255, 64);"#ed_cl#BTW everyone, KATIEIS AN EXCELLENT ARTIST HERSELF, ACTUALLY A LOT MORE EXPERIENCED THAN#ed_op#br#ed_cl#MYSELF, BUT UNFORTUNATELY SHE DOES NOT HAVE A WEBSITE, YET, I COULD#ed_op#br#ed_cl#SEND YOU TO SEE. LET ME JUST SAY HER WATERCOLOURS ARE BREATHTAKING!!!.#ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#There, now we're even! #ed_op#img src="richedit/smileys//horsehead2.gif"#ed_cl# I'll reply to your private message to your personal e-mail.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Elizabeth,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#I'm so glad to hear your business is winding up. I think once you get#ed_op#br#ed_cl#into those higher level horses and their owners realize the benefits,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#you'll be home free!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Thank you all again,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Margaret.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
mdfa
Groupie
Groupie

Postby babytigger » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanks mdfa - one day, i may just post some of the stuff...i haven't really done anything recent, because well.....my life is a pit of insanity!! and yes, the big guy i get to ride is a wonderful opportunity for me, i really do feel lucky!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#NOW KATIE - ok, cat's outta the bag woman!! cough the artwork up - let's see it!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Katie » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, ok, my avatar is one.  A portrait of a Grand Prix mare I did a bit ago.  Gee thanks, Margaret ....  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley9.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Katie

Postby babytigger » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#really...and see-  now i always thought that was a photograph of one of your girls, or a horsey from way back............geesh.!!!! damn you guys are good!!!!!!!!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Katie » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks, bt!  I guess I like this one because, except for the blaze, it looks very much like my little mare.  The pic in the avatar is pretty dark........I know, it's a black horse #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//nervous.gif"#ed_cl#....but unlike me, she looks a lot better under bright lights!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But the graphite that mdfa used in that picture is a very difficult medium, and often much more skill and time is involved than with oil, etc.  That one in particular would have been much more difficult than the one in my avatar.  I am so pleased her talent has been recognized.  And no, we're not related  ;-)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Katie

Return to General