Passports

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Passports

Postby cnd_cowgurl84 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I wanted to get my mare passported. but i have NO IDEA how to do it...? If anyone could help it would be awesome..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cnd_cowgurl84
Newbies
Newbies

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#go to equine canadas site and get the forms... You need a full side shot of your horse. Graciespook will be able to gic you moe info. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Chisholm » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When Graciespook sees this post she will come on her and explain the process since I'm sure she'll be the one processing it.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ask and I shall deliver ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you go to #ed_op#A href="http://www.equinecanada.ca"#ed_cl#www.equinecanada.ca#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# and click on the drop down menu you'll see 'Forms' #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You can find the passport forms there. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#To get a passport you must be a member of Equine Canada, which means you must be a member of your provincial federation. In this case, if it's ontario, I'll walk you through it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The OEF membership is now $45, and the EC membership is set at $90 for a Senior Sport License or $70 (I believe) for junior. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You can buy your OEF membership through the 'EC Sport License Form' that you will find on our website. Just click off your provincial membership. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Along with your membership, you'll want to send in an application for your passport, which can also be found on our website. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You must take a clear picture of your horse from the side with no tack on, I'm not sure of the size, but the form will let you know. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You send the picture and the application in with your application for Senior Sport Licence (or Junior, whatever the case may be). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The cost for a passport initially is $79.55 and that includes your horse license sticker. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Every year you want your horse to have a validated passport, you'll want to pay the $10 fee (which is included in the $79.55 initially). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Basically, if you want to do it for 2006, it will be your OEF membership (45) your EC membership (90 if senior 70 if junior) and your one time passport fee (79.55) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#To show provincially and nationally you require a passport. To show on the Primary circuit, you require your provincial membership. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And Chis, I don't process the passports, but I like to see them come in, for all the pretty pictures! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And as an aside, you will need a bill of sale for your horse, proving that you're the owner. And if you ever sell, the passport must be sent into EC with a bill of sale, so the new owner can pay the $79.55 to have it back. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby mallard » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Do you have to be a 'full' member to get a passport? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#Is an 'associate' membership not enough? How much is that going to be for 2006?#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I have only ever had an associate membership, as this is all I needed for the Trillium circuit.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's been a long time since I needed to get a passport for a horse.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#However...I will be needing one next year.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

The best success is usually the one you risk the most to achieve
mallard

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#if you don't have the sire, dam, or reg.name can you still get one??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Champ » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl#That's so weird. I was about to post a topic about the same thing. Champs getting a passport next spring and i knew the web site but after that im kinda lost :S. I've had to wait so long because Champ is ALWAYS changing colour. So I decided this spring would be best because He has stayed that grey for a while now. *-Fingers Crossed-* i love his colour right now. Dont you also have to get a vet to sign it and such?#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl#Dear god.... I need to find my bill of Sale for Champ. If i cant I know claire will probably have one on hand as she runs the rescue where i got champ from. Thats a good question if you dont know your horses Sire/Dam can you still get one?#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Champ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby mallard » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes you can get one...a horse does not have to be 'registered' in order to get a passport. Any horse can have one.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You send them in a photo of your horse, they send the passport back with photo glued in & a seal on top of it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And yes, the vet has to sign it after you get the passport back. He must verify that this passport belongs to that horse. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He will also measure your horse & enter it. This is very very important if you have a pony.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It is up to the owner to keep the passport up to date. Show Stewards are very picky about this!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Make sure you order your passports early...there is an extra charge to rush them, and you don't want to miss the first shows of the season!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BUT...do you need to be a full member or just an associate member of EC???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

The best success is usually the one you risk the most to achieve
mallard

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#According to the rules, you can compete as an associate member, but if you own the horse you must buy a full membership. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to General