ISH what does it stand for?

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

ISH what does it stand for?

Postby goldendryad » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What is an ISH? Does it stand for International Sport Horse or Irish Sport Horse? Is it a warmblood type? I've seen it a few places and was wondering what it is.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Please clear it up. Does anybody on here have one?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pony Hunter » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Irish Sport Horse and yes it a type of warmblood.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby Ruth » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ISR is International Sport Horse, ISH is Irish Sport Horse. ISR is European warmblood based, ISH is Irish Draught/TB based breeding.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby TequillaJack » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have two friends with Irish sport horses, best temperment ever.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
TequillaJack
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#CWH or somthing like that..what does it stand for..my dad said kitchern and waterloo i was like uhh no!! I know its not that, its a breed! Im guessing canadian warmblood...or something#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Azalee » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#CWHBA?  Canadian Warmblood Horse Breeders Association.  So yeah Canadian Warmblood.  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/13.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby High Hopes » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ISH, yep is either International Sport Horse or Irish Sport Horse. I will agree with the temperments on the most part. I have owned two of them.  One being a wing nut, the other being a total doll.  To qualify to be an Irish Sport Horse I believe you have to have 1/8th irish blood in them. They are not just tb/irish draugh x's they could be of any mixture. My filly (whom I do miss dearly), was irish draught x hannovarian x trakenher (mom being the hannovarian x trakenher). Nice girl.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Before I loved horses I had nothing to live for, Now I love horses and can't stop seeing things to live for. God bless the Creature that is so noble they make me feel ALIVE!!
High Hopes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to General