First Trail Ride in a while

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

First Trail Ride in a while

Postby EatMyDust » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I havent gone trail riding in like forever, so last night after checking the weather, I asked a few neighbors if they wanted to go riding. We agreed to meet at 12 30.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So it was like 11 45, I went and tacked up, rode around a bit, then went to meet the neighbors. This was going to be Dustys first real trail ride since my fall, so I wanted to be as calm as possible. He was being a stubborn arse at first, but finally agreed with me. He was antzy, but not spooky, but I still got off and walked him for a bit. I finally met the neighbors and we decided to hit Wittevens bush, its so scenic in the fall, and very peacful. We ran threw a creek, he stopped halfway through, and played and splashed with the muddy water...lovely...white horse + mud= MESS! As well as my new cowboy boots, and lovely saddle...covered with mud...so much for 2 hours of grooming last night. We hit the trails...gorgous...the leaves were everywhere...the path was orange and it was just soo beautiful. He only spooked when the big evil chipmunk threatened to eat him, and we backed into some trees...the neighbor left me to defend for myself, while she took her pony for a little run...not good...we backed into a few more trees...I surprising stayed calm...Im so used to it now...I guess it just doesnt bother me anymore...we went through the creek again, and he was fine. Im really proud of him... he wasnt spooky like usual...just very aware. He was doing some yoga moves or something on the way home, twisting his neck and swaying his back, it was funny...very cute. lol. I meant to take the camera, but the batteries were dead so it would have been pointless.Hes coming such a long way...I cant believe how well hes doing. Oh and my riding lesson is with him tomorrow. I cant wait...Im surprising my instructor on how well Im doing with this whole jumping thing (she doesnt know Ive been practising!) I can fold now! LOL! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by EatMyDust on Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatMyDust

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:45 pm

<FONT color=#4040ff>YAY You didn't die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</FONT><FONT color=#4040ff>That sounds like it went really well,i was expecting pics but what can you do!</FONT><FONT color=#4040ff>Im taking Andy and GT ona hack next week finally i'll bring my camera of course will fully charged batterys!</FONT>
Last edited by Pretty_Pony72 on Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#sounds like it went well but how come the neighbour left you?&nbsp; That probably bugged him more then evil chipmunk.&nbsp; Glad that all in all it was a good ride though!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby EatMyDust » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She left because theres a spot thats perfect for running, and she has a pony that loves to run. Dustys always been able to run there also, so he got upset when he couldnt go with her.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby babytigger » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#sounds like a good ride to end the "outdoor" riding season with.......could have asked for nicer weather -we've been lucky!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, above zero and almost december? Or is that a bad word too? ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to General