tough lesson!!!!!!!!

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

tough lesson!!!!!!!!

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OMG - i had a lesson on spyder on saturday....the pain, the pain!! LOL - my lower back is killing me, as are my thighs..........i don't recall the last time i worked that hard & sweat more than the horse, LOL!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#however, it was an awesome lesson!!!!!!! i learned a few "tricks" to riding spyder - he works on indirect rein!! totally a new concept for me.........so what i need to remember is that my first instinct to turn/etc will be wrong & i need to do the opposite of that (like george costanza). also, i really need to work on my seat  - it needs to be deeper, quite a bit deeper - funny it's fine when i'm not using stirrups, LOL!!!! i should put the stirrups down a hole, as maybe that will help some.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#anyways.........it was a fantastic lesson! although i'm still sore today.yesterday i put A535 on my back & legs before i'd even had my morning tea..............that should tell you something! LOL.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i hope i can get a good ride out of the big guy next time i go up!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby chenders01 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Great news, BT!!  Sooo, she made you SWEAT, eh??  Good...verrry good!!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley15.gif"#ed_cl#  What types of things did you work on?  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Re. the stirrup length, yeah, if you're used to H/J jockey-length stirrups, you may need to lower them a hole or two for dressage.  You want a nice, deeep seat in the saddle, not the "perched" seat that most H/J riders have.  Forget about your forward seat, you want to sit back and deep into the saddle, with a nice, straight back.  I'm sure you'll get this in time.  It took me a really long time to make the transition.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think it's great that you're riding again...and on a horse as awesome as DL.  You really lucked out! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Patricia » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:01 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey glad your learning lots and getting fit at the same time.  Try not to have too much time between rides.  You will actually hurt less.  You will be sore tomorrow and the next day too.  Although, if your riding like every other day...the hurt isn't as back and your muscle shape to the horse better/quicker for lack of a bettern analogy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Re: tough lesson!!!!!!!!

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:40 am

babytigger wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# i need to do the opposite of that (like george costanza).
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Too funny! Glad you had a great lesson ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL chenders - yes, i sure did work!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and my seat has always been a "bad point" of mine.........sadly, i do tend to go a bit more "forward" that i ought to (probaably a result of liking jumper too much! LOL)...so working on a very deep deep seat & sitting back in typical "dressage fashion" will take some getting used to - but it's good practice, as honestly even in jumper having a good deep balanced seat is very important for those twists & turns.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#at any rate, it's all good work, and getting me into better riding shape.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#patricia - id be riding 7 daysa week if i had my own car, but as i reply on stealing mums when she's OK with it, it;s kinda tough.........howevere, one of these days when my own vehicle is sitting outside my apt.......well, i'll be gone all the time & hubby will learn the meaning of obsessed! LMAO!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby goldendryad » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:44 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats, it sounds like your having a super time  with this horse. Enjoy!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I agree o the no stirrups, I am a wayyyy better rider without them. Coping with stirrups is a constant struggle for me.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tanya » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Poor BT.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#When I had my ride on him I overcorrected for everything. I had him so crooked.LOL So I can understand where you were. It took a bit but when I relaxed and did less I actually got more. I am not a dressage rider but I understand this is normal for that discipline. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#And yes I was sore for a few days after. I think DL's owner like to punish us. LOL#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by tanya on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The sighted sees not the world but the blind sees the world in one small child.
tanya
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Champ » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#8000ff size=2#ed_cl#I never knew the proper word for that but now I do. Champ works off an indirect rein :S I've had a few of those lessons where you work up a sweat more than the horse. lol but it only makes you stronger and that much better :P#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Champ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to General