What to pay riding instructors

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

Postby Schatzi » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just as a note, I am certified, have ridden to the advanced level, and have been nationally ranked. (although i didn't know it until one of my students found it online). i also take regular lessons with an advanced coach who is well known. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I do know ceritifed coached though who have gone through the whole coaching process and are awesome riders but can't teach themselves out of a hole. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I  only got my certification to satistfy my dad who thought I should have it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And back to what you should pay someone to teach........#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Schatzi
Newbies
Newbies

Re: What to pay riding instructors

Postby Mystic » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:25 am

I used to pay my jumping instructor $50 a lesson. I also payed my dressage coach $50 as well. But both instructors came to me where the horse I part-boarded was stabled.
It's not the size of the horse that matters. It is the size of their heart.

Mystic

Re: What to pay riding instructors

Postby cnigh » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:31 pm

I have paid between $25 - $50 per lesson. Depends on many things though. Discipline/group or individual/My horse oe thiers/free lance coach or in house regular barn coach etc.

Hunter/Jumper was the cheapest, dressage the most expensive. Now I'm just a happy hacker.
Bakkir - 2008 Pure Straight Egyptian Arabian colt

cnigh
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to General