APF supplement for horses..Anyone ?

Come on in and talk about anything equestrian related

Moderator: EC

APF supplement for horses..Anyone ?

Postby Leena » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:10 pm

We had a mare that foundered last winter but even with the good care, new diet, exercices, she was still ouchy, her eyes showed still pain and inconfort..She is Canadian horse, 16 years old and had a case of retained placenta at her last delivery.

My trimer suggest this product to me, saying it work on insulin resistance for a better glucose assimilation, also work on immune systems.

I am giving this mare 1 ml a day in a seringue..it really taste awfull..It has been a month and half and she is not the same !! You cannot tel she foundered..she is light on her feet, happy, energic..she lost weight..She is like a young girl !!

I want to share because I have never saw such a great response in such a short time :)

(I might want to try on myself... :idea: )
Leena
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: APF supplement for horses..Anyone ?

Postby saddlesore » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:32 am

That is great news. Can you tell me more about this stuff? Where are you buying it from & how much does it cost? My friend has an insulin resistant/low thyroid mare & also has previously foundered...she would be interested in this product.
saddlesore
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Leena » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:36 am

Well I bought it from my local equestrian store..It cost about 65$ for 120 ml, so about 50 cents a day at 1 ml a day.
On line, Smart pack has it as well as Ebay.
Leena
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Flyin' High » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:33 am

That's great Leena! So happy it has worked on your mare! I dont have any need for it now, but we all know in this industry any bit of information like this will most likely be of use at some point!

Thanks for sharing!
You can tell a gelding and ask a stallion, but you must discuss everything with a mare!
Flyin' High

Postby fusspot » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:45 am

Yay for a big improvement in your mare Leena!!! I haven't had a use for this supplement but shall tuck the name away just in case.
fusspot

Postby Leena » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:10 pm

I have to tell all of you a secret...I have tried it on myself.. :oops:

After 4 days I understand why my mare feels so well...I do too ! My pain from arthritis has dropped sharply and I just feel so much better...
I want to write to the company now.
Leena
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby jax » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:13 am

:lol: What's good for the horse is good for the human! I tend to use stuff for more than it was intended too, usually with good results.

Leena, just for your info, my Mom started using Turmeric every day, she has a neuro-muscular disease that causes a lot of pain. And the results have been incredible. She just takes a teaspoon of the spice, mixes it in with ketchup or something else and puts it on her food.
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby spotz » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:30 am

This product sounds amazing!! What company makes it? Is APF the company name?
Is this supplement good for other conditions?
spotz
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Leena » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:22 am

APf supplement is made by Auburn Laboratories LLC. You may find the fact sheets on it :)

I have'nt tried the turmeric but heard a lot of good about it. I know about flax seed, asparagus. These stuff are good to maintain energy.

Right now I am off chemos and was looking for something to sustain energy level. When I saw the super changes in my mare, I figure why not if this may help me for a better life quality. I am not looking for a miracle cure but just a better way to live almost normally.

I was surprised about the sharp drop of my arthritis pain though...It is a pleasant surprise.

Overall this product works on adaptagen along with boosting immune system. So it says for horses it help a better management of glucose and lipids which help the horse feel better.
Leena
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby goldendryad » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:37 am

I use turmeric!

I give it to Lacey with her supplements for her arthritis and it seems to be doing her some good. She's also on Corta-Flex...but I've seen much more willingness and comfort after adding the turmeric. And it's cheap, $3 gets you a big package of it from the ethnic foods section at Superstore. :tu:
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to General