New Saddle

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

Postby Sodapoppers » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ah....well to each their own :D Did you see anything you liked in that link?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am still waiting to hear about this saddle.......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//tired.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby PerfectAngel » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:31 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#there's always something that I like in a tack shop.....I've been looking on equimarket and haev found a few, but I honestly think that I am getting a pretty good deal from Apple Saddlery...tell me what you think:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wintec Pro dressage (no CAIR) $715 includes full gullet set#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's the best deal I've found so far, the only problem is the taxes are soooo much!! $107.25 I think. So, the final price is $822.25 (ish) plus I need a girth! I have stirrups/leathers on my other saddle, plus I rarely use stirrups, so I really only need them to get on (or a good leg up!!). I could get one cheaper used I'm sure, but I am scared of getting scammed.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Sodapoppers » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You think $100 is bad.....i get nailed for $300 on the saddle I want...which is why i am buying from the states.  That dosn't sound like too bad of a deal. I know some people are very cautious about buying online but i've had good luck so far :) (knock on wood!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby PerfectAngel » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#damn taxes....that's sooo wrong. You have to pay for shipping though, from the US right? That can't be cheap....hope the exchange rate is nice to you!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Dee22 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Perfect Angel - If you look on e-bay there should be quite a few wintec for sale... you could probably get the saddle with cair for cheaper than Apples price... I'd have a look around on there ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby PerfectAngel » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I will....there too, though I am worried about scammer....i stick to those who accapt paypal. or that have 100% positive feedback...it's fairly limiting. Thnx tho!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Patricia » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#SP--Did you ever contact Canada Customs to see what duty and brokerage fees they were going to charge?  Not to mention shipping plus insurance.  I hope our dollar is still good.  I would definitely check that out first.......  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Sodapoppers » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Patricia, i'm going to be sent as a birthday present...the seller siad she has had success shipping to canada like that before, adn when someone did get hit for duties it was $30 she said...Even if it is an exorbient amount like $200, I am still saving. Dollar is doing great today. Last week I converted the currency and 1200 = 1488. Today it equals 1450. However she mentioned the costs of the saddles went up a bit - I am waiting for her email regarding the new price. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PA - E-bay is generally a safe place to buy and sell. I have know many people who buy and sell through e-bay with great success. They're rules are pretty strict... #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#You can also read the feedback comments left... I would say e-bay is pretty safe when it comes to scammers ;) Good luck though! I saw some great deals on there when I was looking for my Wintec!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Saddle

Postby Sunny Side Up » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#SP, what do you mean "the costs of the saddle went up a bit"?  Arent they going to honour the price they originally quoted you?  Why would the cost go up? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sunny Side Up
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Patricia » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well good luck...I hope it works out for you.  I was under the impression the gift could NOT be over $50...otherwise they slap duty based on where the product's origin...Your's is from England...so they have different rates based on the value and what the item is and where it is from.  At the border they can open and inspect items...I just hate surprises...that is why I say call Canada Customs to know for sure.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think I remember someone mentioning to me the other day that they got slapped with some rediculous charges from something being delivered from that states... over $150 I think it was :s#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby dressagenap » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#$150 of duty?!  My friend and I are probably going to be buying a saddle from the States - I found a place that sells brand new Wintec 500 dressage saddles with CAIR for $500US and, even with stirrups, a girth, etc., it adds up to less than the Thorowgood package (we don't really need a bridle lol) - plus it's a better saddle.  However, if the duty ends up being that expensive, I don't think we'll be able to get it after all :(  I purchased a nice new leather halter for Sudz via eBay yesterday, too.  It was from the US and my dad thought that seeing the price difference before and after the duty might be a good lesson for me.  It was pretty cheap ($25US - including shipping!) so I don't think that they can make me pay that much extra, but... #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/5.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
dressagenap
Newbies
Newbies

Postby PerfectAngel » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#dressagenap...haev you looked at #ed_op#A href="http://www.brubachersharness.ca"#ed_cl#www.brubachersharness.ca#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# because they have good prices on Wintecs and if you tell that to Apple, they will match the price and if you dicker a little, they will include the complete gullet set (at least for the Pro they did!). Bribachers has the 500 w Cair for $595, and W/O for $475 I think....you should check! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby dressagenap » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Woo - thanks for that!  I'll definitely mention it to my friend when I talk to her later.  It would be amazing to get it for $600, especially with the gullet system.  The one in the States is also around $600 CDN and it #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#does#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# have the gullet system, but duty could be a definite killer.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
dressagenap
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Sodapoppers » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Patricia - it's coming from New Hampshire. The other option is to state that it's a warranty return. It's a touch and go on if they'll open and inspect the box or not while shipping. I'm still waiting to hear back from her ...i hate waiting! The used one was bought int he summer and comes with all the fittings so if it's a decent price i'll probably end up going with that one. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Dee - I think  you are thinking of Rickie's post. I'm not sure how she had it delivered - but UPS will kill you on shipping rates. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#SSU - Yep, the saddle price has gone up. A lot of it depends on what the US dollar is valued at compared to the euro, and what cost she can get it at. She said that all the england imported saddles have all increased about $100 due to the dollar at this time...so worst case scenario, saying I pay $1600 for the saddle, $200 for shipping, i am still $300 up. BUT it will depend on what she emails me, when she does, how much the used one is, and how much the new ones are up to now...:)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#SP - I remember Ricki's post now that you mention it but it was someone at my barn that was telling me this a few days ago....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I guess it all depends... I got a saddle shipped from California in September and on top of shipping I think I paid about $40 extra for customs etc.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When I got my riding helmet delivered from New York I paid $30 on top of shipping when I picked it up....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby PerfectAngel » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, I found a great deal on a Wintec Isabell (used) but the Duties are killing me....just a warning for anyone who's thinking about it...i have to pay $155.33 CAD extra and I payed $700 for the saddle...it's still an awesome deal, but I'm pissed about the goddamn customs on a USED saddle....she even said it was a gift....ARGH#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's not just duty, PerfectAngel.  It'll be the GST, PST and customs brokerage charge, which are charges that are always applicable for anything you're bringing in from outside of Canada.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Sodapoppers » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Where did you order from PA, and what service delivered it?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

PreviousNext

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling