New Saddle

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

Postby PerfectAngel » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Soda: I got it from a private seller, so I expected to have less "extra" fees. I figured some, but honestly not $155. She shipped with UPS. It was the safest and quickest way.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders: you're right, it's 60.33 for a brokers fee (what's that??) and $95 in taxes...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The brokerage fee is the cost to have the shipment cleared through Customs.  If it was shipped UPS, then the fee is probably a combination of the shipping charge *and* the cost to clear the goods on your behalf.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby PerfectAngel » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#nope...shipping was $43.34US....so it's not part of shipping...I was hoping that stuff would be part of the shipping fee though#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Sodapoppers » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh no.....#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/8.gif"#ed_cl# NEVER EVER ship with UPS....you got robbed :( Dosn't matter with ups if it is a gift or not. If you had gone regular shipping you would have saved a lot more. Too bad :(#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby PerfectAngel » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Soda: I can't believe it!! I bought Stallskins from Stateline Tack and they shipped with UPS and there were no extra charges, and they were a NEW item!! I shipped with UPS because they have shipping insurance, and the other possible shipping companies didn't offer any. The shipping cost itself wasn't too high, it's these goddamn taxes afterwards that are killing me! I don't see how they (the gov't) can charges you taxes on USED goods from the US. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Sodapoppers » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh, I agree!! I had a blanket shipped with them last year. Shipping was $10 and i got nailed almost $90 when they dropped it off at my door! Can you believe that...grr. I won't ship with them at all anymore either. i'd rather wait the few extra days!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby PerfectAngel » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#grrrr.....oh well, shoulda, coulda woulda.....it'll arrive on Tuesday of next week, I think....it got delayed because the lady was missing a form, so it didn't get sent out right away, and now it's delayed arriving...AARRRGHHHH!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry soda...i've kinda hijacked your thread....when is your new saddle arriving? (or did you buy it?)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Sodapoppers » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh, thanks ok! No worries! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The used one is going to be about $1100. It was supposed to come in last week. Now it is supposed to come in this week (grr) the girl is waiting for her new saddle to arrive at the tack shop before she brings her old saddle in (she is trading for a Lovett and rickets?) So if all goes well and I don't get pushed off again, I should have it by april 1. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby PerfectAngel » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#oooh...that's not a bad price at all!! Especially for a Barnsby! Can't wait to hear how you like it, and how Harvey (and Dream?) like it! I wanted a Barnsby, but I'm kinda hard on my tack, so I figured with a wintec, I can just hose it off like my other one....#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Sodapoppers » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, that is US funds. But it comes with all the fittings (barsnby leathers etc) and it is a killer price. It comes out to just under $1300 CDN. and it's been used for 6 months. That is a killer price considering they run NEW here from $2k - 2300. I think apple has them on sale for $2200 right now. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby PerfectAngel » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's still a great price, especially if it comes with "accessories"!! So does mine, it has the stirrups/leathers, 2 girths, saddle carrying case, bucking strap and wide gullet (it has the med one in it) so I can't complain too much about the extra taxes because I am still getting a good deal.....(still pisses me off though...#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Angry/3.gif"#ed_cl#)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Sodapoppers » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GRRR I got an email earlier saying that the used saddle is no longer for sale. The seller dosn't want to sell it anymore!! Can you believe that, this whole time I was waiting for that saddle was wasted time Harvey could have been in something fitting her properly grrr. So now i am back to the new one. I am getting it in royal oak color.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#PA how are you making out with your new saddle?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby PerfectAngel » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol...I never noticed the post.....My new saddle is AWESOME!! I was rather ticked off at first because the charges were more than I expected (I was prepared for $155 because that's what I was told, but it ended up being $185.73) but after I got it out of it's pretty poofy carrying case and saw the actual saddle with stirrup leathers and 2 girths, well, I was impressed. It was definitely a good deal after all. I finally rode in it on Saturday, and I really find it comfy....so all you ppl who told me to get the Wintec Isabell, THANKS!!! You were all very right!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Soda....that really bites about the used saddle...I hate it when ppl can't make up their minds about stuff...big conflict going on at my place about boarding, but in case that someone reads this I don't want to post it.....BUT...hopefully you'll love the new one, it'll cost more now, but at least you will be guaranteed of no defects, rips, etc. and you'll have the warrenty if anything goes wrong....plus you'll get to choose the colour!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Sodapoppers » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I met with a Barnsby rep from the UK at a local tackshop near me. He put me in a couple saddles and the verdict is i need a 19" no ifs ands or buts. He shifted me around a bit in the saddle and suddenly my knee popped out over the flap. Lovely. So now it is a matter of getting 19" to work on Harvey...and I don't think it's going to. :(  There must be SOME way around this....What's a girl to do? #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby PerfectAngel » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well...soda, have you ridden in an 18"?? Because I know that I was told a 17.5" was my size, but I have a Wintec Isabell dressage saddle that is a 17 and a really deep seat, and I find I fit in it just fine! I have also ridden in my friend's 15 3/4 Pessoa Kid and I felt a little cramped but not as bad as I thought I would. Honestly, the saddle fitters do a good job, but it also depends on how you FEEL...plus, maybe someday you'll find that a 19" is too big#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"#ed_cl# and then you'll have to sell it or trade it for an 18" anyways....That way it would fit both you and Harvey, but maybe you find you need a 19" I dunno...JMO. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Patricia » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:31 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Did you ask the rep if it was cheaper to order/buy directly from England?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know a few people did that with other manufacturers....Have you ever considered having your horses and yourself fitted by Paramount?  Your horses is still in its growing stages of muscle development and growth...I personally would still wait it out....I am sure that is what he would recommend too........JMHO#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Arcadia » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Every saddle is made differently, some are a tighter fit.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I normally use a 17" but my new Whitaker is a 17.5 because of the way it is made (very close contact) so I am sure the rep knows what they are talking about.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Arcadia
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby horsemad! » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#As Arcadia said, all saddles fit differently – while you may fit an 18” in one saddle, you may not in another.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#If you’ve sat in the saddle you want, and the rep tells you that you need to go up a size, I’d tend to go with the rep.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#Doesn’t mean you wouldn’t fit in an 18” in another saddle, just not this particular saddle.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#And even if you lost weight, it’s more about the length of your thigh than the size of your arse, although arse size can come into play.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#It’s not like the 19” would ever be too ridiculously big… Did someone fit the 19” on Harvey and say it is too long or are you just assuming that the 1” will make a difference?#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Sodapoppers » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Well the saddle fitter brought a couple of Omegas out yesterday. She actually fit better in the Med. tree (which was almost a perfect fit right off the shelf) and the #4 is a touch big. But I am going to get the #4, have it stuffed to fit her, and as she develops and gets larger we will just take the stuffing out as she goes. The 19" is doable too! It will come to just at T18, and he will try and take some of the flare out of the panel at the back to move it up a bit. Dream got his saddle back too but his back is still sore...so we missed the show i really wanted to go to...but ah well, Harvey did great! :D#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby PerfectAngel » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#AHA!! I knew there was a good solution in there somewhere, you just had to be motivated to find it!! Now I bet you can't wait to ride Harvey in a brand new Barnsby!! How long will it take you to get it? (still from the US or from canada?)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PreviousNext

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling