SCAMMERS

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

SCAMMERS

Postby PerfectAngel » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Has anyone else that's trying to sell a horse gotten those annoying e-mail from obvious scammers? I have gotten like 5 in 4 days....all from different yahoo accounts. Here is one that I received this morning....it is SOOO obvious....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl#Good day,#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#        I sw the sale of your item on the advert, and i am highly interested to#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#make a purchase of it.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#At what price do you wish to give it out for ?#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I look forward to your response soonest.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Regards#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#WILLIAMS#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Honestly, do you think peopel would fall for dumb sh*t like that!! grrr.....sorry, it makes me so mad that people waste my time and inbox space for such junk. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yes there are a lot of scammers out there trying to swindle the seller out of their money.  Be careful.  We have posted many topics in the past regarding this issure.  Personally I would want to talk to the potential buyer over the phone if they are really interested in buying.  then meet them face to face and do the banking at the bank if you can.  When I found my trailer over the internet I kept in contact with the owner in MOntana via e-mail and had talked to her over the phone.  When I got there and decided that it was the trailer that I wanted I suggested that we go to her bank and then we got her bank to call my bank and we did it there over the phone  at the bank so that there was no doubt that she was getting her $$$.  If the buyer is an honest person interested in your horse they will not hesitate to make sure that you are comfortabl.e with the $$$ deal and how it is handled.  JMHO   don't go along with anything that you are uncomfortable with. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I got quite a few scammers contacting me as well when I was selling my horse. I reposted a few of them. If you look here on EC there is an e-mail address you can send the letters to, to report them. Some I just deleted and went on with my life LOL, they're pretty easy to pick out but be careful! ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling