Collegiate Saddles

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

Collegiate Saddles

Postby Andy » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would like to know what anyones opinion was on Collegiate Saddles #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#are as compared to other manufactures.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<strong><font size="3"><font color="red">

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/andy.hope
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Re: Collegiate Saddles

Postby Dee22 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:02 am

#ed_op#P#ed_cl#I had a Collegiate Senior event saddle for a while and I liked it VERY much! It was one of my favorite saddles and still kick myself in the butt for selling it :s#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I found it was good quality for the money and very comfortable.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#When it came to the Senior Event saddle I have no complaints. I would just advise to keep the flaps well&nbsp;conditioned or they get cracks in them.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Having said that, I went to look at a used Collegiate dressage saddle (older model) and found it comfortable but not as comfortable as the Wintec I ended up buying... #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Hope I've helped a bit?#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
Andy wrote:#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would like to know what anyones opinion was on Collegiate Saddles #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#are as compared to other manufactures.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby PerfectAngel » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#oooh! I have one (for sale) and I love it!! (but I need a dressage saddle). I have the CC plain flap model and I find it really comfy!! If I needed 3 saddle, I'd keep it. I find that they don't get torn/ruined easily, they stand up to regular use with just minor care. Hope it helps!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Collegiate Saddles

Postby Andy » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am trying to find a saddle for a thouroughbred that has really high withers plus it has to have long flaps (fenders). It's for my son who is tall and has such long legs his boots are usually below the flaps. He says this is uncomforable. As I am a western person and I don't know a heck of a lot about English saddles.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://tinypic.com/28qv79"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This is what I am looking for. I am told it is cut back so it should fit with the high withers???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby *rickie* » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Andy#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Those saddles are VERY COMFY! and the do have a rather longer flap, and yes they are cut back, and on top of that, made to fit high whithered horses.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#My coach had one, and although I ride Dressage, if I ever went to jump, that was the saddle that I took! It's my fav A/P saddle, and if I could afford to have 2 saddles, I'd be seriously considering that one, and I too have a very long leg.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Sodapoppers » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not too familiar with these saddles myself.....are they wool stuffed (to those who have owned them before?) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *rickie* » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#The one that I rode in was wool stuffed, but I would imagine that you could get them with the CAIR system....it seems you can get that system with any saddle now-a-days!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#you can get A/P saddles that have longer flaps... you just have to look around. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What kind of riding does he want to be doing? Like showing and stuff? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Andy » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena: He needs an AP saaddle but getting one that fits horse and rider is hard. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The cutback saddles are kinda deceaving in that i have found you have to add an inch or 2 to compare them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now we are looking at the Wintec's #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby PerfectAngel » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What kind of Wintec are you looking for? You can get a good deal if you haggle with Apple...bring up the prices at Brubachers Harness and they'll make you a good deal (incl. the wholle gullet set...match the price @ Brubachers....)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Andy » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Right now we are trying a WINTEC 500 DRESSAGE #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#with the easy change gullet system#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmm have you tried one of the Wintec AP saddles? They actually have bigger flaps and you can still get the easy change gullet in it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would check that out before you buy the Dressage saddle, because he wouldn't really be able to jump at all in the dressage saddle, or show hunter in it, like&nbsp;if he wants to do the Quinte Cup this summer and the hunter jumper stuff. Bridle Path has a bunch of AP Wintecs that might work out for him, or you may be able to order a Wintec with longer flaps..... some companies will customize like that. I dont know if Wintec does though. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Theres also Bates saddles that have the easy change but theyre really expensive. &nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thats a cute pic you have in your avatar haha. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Schatzi » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Andy,&nbsp; I have a TB with high, long withers and went with a barsby Crown (dressage) but I know they make an A/P as well. I found it fit him really well.&nbsp; I bought a Collegiate CC a few years ago and love it.&nbsp; Fits a lot of differnt horses from pony's to drafts, withers and no withers.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Schatzi
Newbies
Newbies

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling