How much would you pay?

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

How much would you pay?

Postby EventPony » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just wondering, how much would you pay for a 4 year old, OTTB, about seven or so months of basic flat and jumping, mare.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Assuming she's sound and hasn't had lameness or health issues in the past.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#All opinions welcome!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#(just doing some research ;) )#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EVENT PONY
EventPony
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Marty_Jones » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well if she isnt trained too much/green and has ok conformation, Id say $1000-2000. Give or take. My guy was $1000. He's 7yrs and an ottb. He also has a syst in his nose. However that $1000 included 1 months board where he was(so I could get organized here in north bay) Trailering, and him. (so he was about $700) So it all depends on the horse, Just use your best judgement or take a coach with you, that way they can asses the horse and tell you how much they think the horse is worth in their proffesional opinion. Good luck!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

You ask me to show you poetry in motion.... I'll show you a horse.

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby KBOC » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:05 pm

A good mare can be worth quite a bit based on breeding and training. Come to find out, a mare that has foaled can even be worth more, as foaling is commonly believed to "mellow" a mare.

An OTTB, however, I would be very careful :D
KBOC
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Marty_Jones » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have only ever had OTTBs and I wave never had a problem.... Aside from Martys nose but it doesnt hurt him and can be fixed if I come accross $3400.... eventualy we will get him fixed. But all mine have been great horse they try their hearts out and are really fun to ride. Both have been really smart, Marty learns really fast. So Id have to say I love ottbs.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

You ask me to show you poetry in motion.... I'll show you a horse.

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby EventPony » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#she's actually one of my coaches horses, but I was looking to see what some other more experienced horse-buyers would say. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I doubt she's foaled before.  She seems like she has a good temperment, is good to ride, etc. She's been ridden by trainers and by an entry/pre-training level rider.  So it's not like she's super crazy high strung TB or anything ;). She's never shown before, but she did race. So I think I wouldn't pay more then $6 000, what would you say? Even less?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EVENT PONY
EventPony
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Patricia » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Your information on the horse is so general.  If she has been trained by a PRO and her movement is extravagant and her temperament excellent her price could go very high.  I look at temperament first, then movement/training.  A good horse is a good horse no matter the breed.  There are some nice TB's out there.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Razzba » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:12 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What is your coach asking for her? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Has she shown and placed?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Is she papered?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think, like Patricia, that a lot more info is needed to put a price out there.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Razzba

Postby taco2 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, based upon her age 4, she is still young, but how long has she been off the track?  Did she race at 3?  If so, she obviously does not have alot of training on her, so based on that I would not pay no where near $6000, but the info you give is vague so it's hard to tell.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#How long has she been off the track?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When did she race? at age 2, and 3, and 4? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Does she have any proffesional training?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What is her temperment like?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Did she have any injuries while racing?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#these are all questions, that will play into a purchasing price. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If she raced as a 3 year old, she's only been off the track for a year, that is not long enough IMO, to have really learned much.  But again, it depends upon ALOT of factors. Some of which are listed above.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses Are Like Chips.....Once you have one....You Can't Stop
taco2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xena_n_joss » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well if shes totally clean, I would pay around 3500 at the most. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Theres tons of TBs that haven't even raced before that have more competition experience that are younger, around 6/7 that you can get for around 3500. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It depends on what potential she has as well and what they are selling her as.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And alot of TBs are NOT as high strung or super crazy anyways, it just depends on how they were treated before, how they are currently treated and how you handle them. Ive known PLENTY of very lazy TB horses. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What kind of horse are you looking for anyways? Do you want to event? dressage? hunter? are you yourself experienced? Do you take regular lessons? ect... think of what you really really want, and what you actually need. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That young of a horse can be a handfull no matter what breed, as well as frusterating and alot of work and patience. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

oops!

Postby EventPony » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Her current owner is away and I don't really know much about the horse either.  But I guess what I *ment* to ask, was what kinds of things should I be looking for that would significantly affect her pricing! Haha sorry, but you all answered that in your responses anyways. I'll definatly take into consideration all the things you mentioned.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But some of you  mentioned about her racing...if she's raced at 2 or 3.  If she has raced at an older age, does this increase her price?  Or does this just imply that she has less training, and that is what effects her price?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She is currently being professionally trained, but has not shown.  I myself would say that I'm ready for something new.  I have alot of riding experience, leasing experience, show experience, aswell as green-horse experience.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I do take lessons regularly, and it just feels like it's gotten to the point where if I keep taking lessons on a regular basis on school horses (due to no lease/owned horse) I won't improve on my riding skills...I'll just keep them at the same level...but won't really go anywhere (where I want to).  Has anyone else felt like this?  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its just sad that the showseason is comming up and I haven't got anything to ride.....mind you this is NOT the reason why I'd like a horse....even still if I did get a younger horse I wouldn't show it much or at all this season.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh yeah another question.....are any of you students that pay for your horses expenses on your own? Do you find it difficult at all? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#:)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EVENT PONY
EventPony
Newbies
Newbies

Postby xena_n_joss » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Honestly, If you want something that you can show this summer or even next, I would look at something a little older. Just for the fact that you would be able to ride and train as much as needed and as far as you can go without worrying about physical or mental effects on the horse. And it would probly be more fun. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What kind of school horses does your barn have? Im using a school horse right now and I have no problems riding one, our barn has school horses of all levels, we used to even have a retired event horse that evented up to prelim... and theres many more examples that I could go on..... There shouldn't be boundaries on what a school horse can teach you... But I realize some places don't have very many school horses.... and some dont have very advanced levels of school horses, but you should still be able to ride and learn, even learning to train the school horse to do something it couldnt do. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Is there a specific kind of show youd like to be doing this summer? Like a circuit or anything? Mabey your coach would let you specifically ride and train with one of there horses? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Another thing is, that if your in school... I dont know if you mean college, Im guessing though, I really doubt you would have time to train a younger horse as much as needed, go to school and be successful, plus work to support yourself and your horse. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Believe me, this girl from our barn tried it, she went to ottawa, took the horse with her and ended up only being able to go to the barn once a week, so the horse came back to our barn because the board prices in ottawa were ridiculous and there was no point since she couldnt ride enough. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And that isnt an ideal situation for a 4 year old. Not saying that you would be as busy, it depends on what kind of course you were taking though. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And most of the time, the younger the horse started racing and the longer the horse raced will decrease there value. Would you want to buy a horse that was raced 4 years since it was 2 or 1 year since  it was 3?  The longer or younger it was raced the more strain its had on its body and legs. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby amadeo » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think a lot of it also has to do with where you're located. In Ontario, prices on horses are WAY up, and in mid-west places like Alberta or Saskatchewan, places are much, MUCH lower. And since the BBers on EC are from all over the place, you're going to get a lot of different opinions. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Personally, for an OTTB who's still green, I wouldn't pay much more than $5k-- but I'm in Ontario, so that may seem an outrageous price for some. We're selling Irish Sporthorse twins who'll still be ponies without being broken at 2 for $2500, when a lot of people probably wouldn't pay that much for sport ponies without them being broken. (they've had saddles and bridles on, but otherwise, nothing.)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
amadeo
Groupie
Groupie

Postby EventPony » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Don't get me wrong...I don't have anything against school horses.  My barn has great school horses, but they are only able to compete up to entry level (since they are school horses, there's no use in straining them to do more AND lessons on top of that).  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'd like to continue eventing, I've gone up to training level and that's partially why I don't want to compete at entry.  I doubt I will have fun, and the way I look at it is:  if I want to compete (and not just go to one event here and there for fun) then why compete at a level I've done well at previously, on a horse that knows everything already?  To me that's just wasting money on entries and trailering, and taking a horse that someone else could have better use on (new eventers). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So if I want to do anything above pre-training 80 (entry) then I have to own or lease my own horse.  With the new eventing rules, in order to compete tranining then I have to have completed and quailfied at pre-training with one horse.  Now by leasing, this would work, except I'd have to give up the horse sooner or later, or at the end of the season.  The problem is that I'd have to keep qualifying each year (3 pre-trainings) before I can start at training again (unless it's the same horse).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ideally I'd like to compete at prelim, maybe even higher sometime.  And the higher levels you go, the less you find people willing to lease their horses to you becuase of the risk factor. You're even lucky if you find a training-leaseable horse!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's viewing it from a competition point of view.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena, do you go to university?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've thought of all that too, and figured that I do have enough time to ride after school. In university, you can make up your own schedule (have class end at 11:00am if you want), skip class (;)), etc.  I only work on weekends, and I'm pretty sure I can manage riding and school. Plus, I have 4 months of summer as opposed to 2.  There's quite a few university students at my barn who get along just fine. :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#:)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EVENT PONY
EventPony
Newbies
Newbies

Postby PerfectAngel » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, I can't comment much on the OTTB side of things, because I have never looked into it at all, but as for the school thing, it's doable but you have to be REALLY motivated. I know that I am in 1st year university and I have 2 horses at home, plus a boarder. I probably could get better marks at school if I didn't have to spend the time cleaning the barn, feeding, just playing, etc. but I wouldn't give it up for the world. I also don't ride right now, as my one filly will only be 2 in september and my pony just had a baby, so none of this "horse time" is spent riding. The girl who boards her horse here is in 3rd year university, and she gets out to ride her horse 3 times a week, but sometimes she skips it because she has too much work. She also finds it do-able, but the $$$ would stop her from having a horse if she didn't board here (we just charge her actual cost, so it's around $100/mo.) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope it helps, and if you really want to have a horse, you'll make time!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby PerfectAngel » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, I can't comment much on the OTTB side of things, because I have never looked into it at all, but as for the school thing, it's doable but you have to be REALLY motivated. I know that I am in 1st year university and I have 2 horses at home, plus a boarder. I probably could get better marks at school if I didn't have to spend the time cleaning the barn, feeding, just playing, etc. but I wouldn't give it up for the world. I also don't ride right now, as my one filly will only be 2 in september and my pony just had a baby, so none of this "horse time" is spent riding. The girl who boards her horse here is in 3rd year university, and she gets out to ride her horse 3 times a week, but sometimes she skips it because she has too much work. She also finds it do-able, but the $$$ would stop her from having a horse if she didn't board here (we just charge her actual cost, so it's around $100/mo.) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope it helps, and if you really want to have a horse, you'll make time!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yaaaay finally..... you tell us what you want the horse for haha. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And no right now I  have not started colledge, im struggling with trying to get some highschool finished up and take some extra sciencey type courses so I can apply for something half decent. But on top of that, I work full time, and have a young horse, shes 6. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#With working full time and boarding and getting enough training in, I am constantly busy. Bettween working and riding im gone from 8 in the morning until 8 at night. I can only imagine trying to fit in school, as it is now I only have a couple hours a night. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# I know though when I do go to college I will not be competing, 1- I wont be able to afford it, 2- I know I wont have enough time. Ecspecially to train the amount it takes to event. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But since you want to doing training or prelim eventing, I would look at an older horse. Because even if you get the 4 year old, your still only going to be doing entry/PT for the next 2 years.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And Im sorry if I sound less than friendly, Im just being honest and ive been stressed out with work lately so I might sound like a big B**** hahahaha. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#With the school horse.... I am happy my coach lets me train and compete with some of her horses because I get experience. And the entries and trailering if worth that to me. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby EventPony » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well GEEZ you never asked! :P ;) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#8 to 8, that's pretty long, but you'd cut down on work then I'd assume.  Where are you planning on going/what do you want to get into if you don't mind me asking?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know I wouldn't be able to take a 4 year old training tomorrow, but I'd like to have the experience of having that one horse-one rider bond.  I've done leases, but it's like as soon as we start 'clicking' it's the end of the season/lease and then it's over.  With my own horse I'd be able to build off everything and click for longer (lol).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# Leasing for a long period of time would do the same, but the way I look at it is: you're paying so much money for board and shows, why not take it a step further and just own a horse? What do you get in the end of a lease? Just experience, but at the end of a lease-to-buy or a sale, you get a horse in the end. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In the long run, to me owning a horse is a much better deal economically.  Younger horses are generally cheaper, and from a pure business point of view, you can make a better profit of a lesser trained horse, show it, train it and sell it for more then what you got it for.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But it's great to hear that its do-able.... encouragement is awesome! :P#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EVENT PONY
EventPony
Newbies
Newbies

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#it is definately do-able if you think it out good and understand some of the things you will be missing out on. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im thinking about taking practical nursing for now mabey or a lab tech. Im not really sure yet, I have until next Jan to decide haha. I was also thinking of MABEY doing correctional work... but I dont know, probly not. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its just a harder feat if you want to keep eventing and boarding at a good barn with an indoor for training. Because training/prelim is definately an all year round training process. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You can get good TBS for cheep, awhile ago there was a 7 y/o for sale that had evented entry already, it was a buy/sell project and they were asking 3000$ and it wasn;t a bad horse or anything. I  had checked its results and everything because we were looking at it for someone else. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im just saying you should take the time and look around for something. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#We have a 7 y/o tb mare for sale at our barn who can jump anything I swear. I dont know how much theyre asking though. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling