The Next Step

Get advice about buying or selling your horse, tack etc. NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PLACE CLASSIFIEDS HERE - USE THE EQUIMARKET

Moderator: EC

The Next Step

Postby chenders01 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, guys, I have someone coming to see Dali on Saturday and she's bringing cash with her to give me a deposit if she likes him.  NOW, the reality that he might actually be going, is starting to hit!!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/5.gif"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have VERY mixed emotions about the whole thing.  He is going sooooo well right now.  I've got an awesome girl riding him and he is now cantering consistently in a frame, relaxed and calm.  He has come a LONG way in a very short time...I knew he would, he's very athletic and very willing, and such a puppy-dog <sigh>  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/9.gif"#ed_cl#  I'm gonna miss the booger when he goes.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway, like I said, she's bringing me 10% of my selling price, in cash.  I expect she'll want some kind of a receipt.  Does anyone have any "standard" wording they've used for this type of thing in the past?  Should I draw up some sort of agreement...or does she do that as the buyer??  I'm assuming that she'll want him vetted.  I know he'll vet clean but if she changes her mind, do I give her her money back or do I keep it?  How many days do I wait before getting a firm answer from her on whether she's going to buy him or not?  What type of payment do I request for the balance owing?  Cash?  Certified cheque?  Money order??  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Never done this before and am kinda lost as to what the correct procedures are.  H-E-L-P!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/6.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh, and please cross everything you've got, that this girl falls in love with him!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Andy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:26 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sample doc you can modify to suit yourself.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would also think that giving you a deposit is a committment and should not be refundable. You might want to add this to the doc.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BILL OF SALE #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#THIS AGREEMENT is made this __________ day of _________, #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#20___), by and between ____________________________________, residing at #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#_________________________________________________, #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#hereinafter referred to as Buyer, and #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#______________________________________________, residing at #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#_________________________________________________________, #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#hereinafter referred to as Seller. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#The parties hereby ACKNOWLEDGE that this AGREEMENT is made for the purchase and #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#sale of a horse, described as follows in paragraph A below, on the following #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#terms and conditions as set forth herein. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#NOW THEREFORE, for good and valuable consideration, receipt of which the parties #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#hereby acknowledge, the parties AGREE AS FOLLOWS: #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#A. Description of Horse #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Name: ___________________________________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Age: ____________________________________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Color: __________________________________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Breed: __________________________________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Sex: ____________________________________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Tatoo (if applicable): __________________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Size: _______________________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#B. Consideration #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#In consideration of the total sum of $____________________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#(______________________________________), SELLER agrees to sell and BUYER agrees #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#to buy the said horse described hereinabove in paragraph A on the terms and #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#conditions further set forth herein #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#C. Payment Terms #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#The purchase is for cash and BUYER agrees to pay $_____________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#As deposit on the ___________ day of _____________, 20 ______; and, BUYER #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#further agrees to pay the balance due of $________________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#on or before the ___________ day of ______________, 20 _______. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#D. Registration and Ownership Transfers #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Upon confirmation of payment in full as set forth in paragraph C above, SELLER #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#agrees to promptly execute all necessary papers and to take all necessary steps #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#to transfer ownership and registration of the animal to BUYER at no cost to the #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#BUYER. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#E. Warranties #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#(1) SELLER warrants s/he has clear title to said horse; #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#(2) SELLER makes no other warranties, express or implied, including #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#the warranties of fitness for a particular purpose except as may be otherwise #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#provided for in this AGREEMENT; #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#(3) SELLER warrants the following: #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#____________________________________________________________________________________________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#____________________________________________________________________________________________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#________________. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#(4) BUYER warrants that BUYER has had the option to review the condition and #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#health of the horse, including any veterinarian examinations, at BUYER’s #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#expense. In the event BUYER has the horse examined by a licensed veterinarian #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#as indicated in this paragraph E(4), then that veterinarian examination shall be #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#attached hereto as Exhibit A. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#(5) In the event said horse shall not meet any of the above warranties #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#at the time of delivery, provided same is discovered within _____________ days #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#from the date of delivery to BUYER, SELLER agrees to do the following: #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#____________________________________________________________________________________________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#____________________________________________________________________________________________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#_______________________________________________________________. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#F. Risk of Loss #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#(1) Pending delivery to Buyer, which delivery shall be memorialized by #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#BUYER’s signature on a receipt for delivery, SELLER shall assume the risk of #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#loss of said horse, and upon receipted delivery to BUYER, BUYER shall assume the #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#risk of loss. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#(2) In the event of the loss of the horse prior to receipted delivery #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#to BUYER, SELLER shall return to BUYER any deposit paid by BUYER. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#G. Default #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Upon material breach of this AGREEMENT by one party the other party shall have #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#the option to terminate same. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#On any breach, the other party shall have the right to recover expenses and #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#costs within the parameters of paragraph I, below. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#H. Law #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#This AGREEMENT shall be governed by the laws of the State of #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#____________________________. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I. Entire Agreement #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#This AGREEMENT constitutes the entire AGREEMENT between the parties. Any #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#modifications or additions must be in writing and signed by all parties to this #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#AGREEMENT. No oral modifications will be considered part of this AGREEMENT #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#unless reduced to writing and signed by all parties before a notary. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Executed on the date first set forth hereinabove at #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#__________________________________ (State). #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#____________________________ _________________________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#SELLER BUYER #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#____________________________ _________________________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Address Address #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#______________________________ _________________________ #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#______________________________ _________________________ #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<strong><font size="3"><font color="red">

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/andy.hope
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Dee22 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:26 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, first of all Chenders.... B-R-E-A-T-H!!! LOL... I know&nbsp;exactly how you feel, I got like this every single time someone just came to look at Mopar.... try not to get too worked up LOL... I know it's hard!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Second of all...&nbsp;if (and hopefully you do) get your deposit,&nbsp;remember that selling Dali IS what you want to do... don't try and talk yourself out of it.... it's an easy thing to do!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As for deposit, yes write something up, just something simple saying that so and so is giving a deposit for such and such amount which is 10% of the&nbsp;total asking price of $XXX. I would also put in there a date as to when you can expect the rest of the money. Just keep it simple, type it up, put a signature line with her name underneath as well as the date on the form... print two copies, get her to sign both and give her a copy and you keep a copy.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Considering she's coming out to see the horse, giving you cash deposit etc. I would say you can get a certified cheque for the balance of the payment, I'm assuming she's not too far from you... your bank can always call her bank. I would tell her that you accept cash, certified cheque, money order, even a personal cheque... but just tell her if it's a cheque of any kind you have to wait until the cheque clears to hand Dali over to her... chances are, if she's paying a deposit in cash, she may just pay the rest in cash. I paid for Eja in full in cash, it was just easier for everyone.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good stuff Chenders!! I really hope this works out for you!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's a good form Andy, and covers everything.... but, I wouldn't make it too technical... I made my selling agreement a little too technical and it really freaked my buyer out, I had to call her and reasure her that there was nothing hidden,she signed it,but... I wouldn't write anything too technical unless your selling a $20,000 + horse.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#JMHO#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks, guys!&nbsp; I agree Dee, Dali is not a high-dollar horse so I don't want to make my sale agreement TOO detailed or technical.&nbsp; When I bought him, it was a simple hand-written thing with the seller's name, my name, his name and the date.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This particular sale&nbsp;may not be happening now.&nbsp; She originally offered me a price I was willing to live with but now she has come back, has lowered her&nbsp;offer,&nbsp;PLUS she also&nbsp;wants me to pay for Spring shots AND trailering...to Orangeville (Dali is in Guelph).&nbsp; I want him gone but I don't want to just GIVE him away for nothing either.&nbsp; I think she's being a little unreasonable.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I paid for Mopars shots, he was still mine when they were due,&nbsp;but anything fancy that she wanted (special tetnus, or other shots i don't normally get) she paid for. I think it's very unreasonable to expect you to pay for trailering! People will try and take the shirt right off you back!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Stick to your guns, your already asking a pretty low price... only go as far as your comfortable with, you have to draw the line somewhere... and you don't want to come out of this feeling taken or ripped off... #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#She might even like him so much that once she realises your only willing to bargain so far, she'll come back to reality... she may just be seeing how far she can get you down in price?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I stuck to my guns, and she emailed me back and accepted my price.&nbsp; So, now she just needs to come down to see/ride him.&nbsp; If she's a halfway decent rider, she won't have any problems with him.&nbsp; If she decides that she wants him, I will try to get the vet out to do his Spring shots before he goes.&nbsp; I don't mind covering that but I don't want to pay for trailering too!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby ~Cnigh~ » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#I agree when I bought my horse(s) I&nbsp;expected them to be up to date with farrier, shots and worming before I trailered them anywhere.&nbsp; #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#I hope the sale goes well for you.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=5#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#Good luck!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
To ride or not to ride................?
What a stupid question!!!
~Cnigh~
Newbies
Newbies

Postby 2dapoint » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:17 am

Pretty good there Chenders!
It is common (if the horse hasn't had them done yet) to just point out (in the sales agreement) that you haven't had them done yet and the buyer has been notified and any costs of such are to be at their own expense and arrangement.
The other thing I would note (after reading the sales agreement above) is that the buyer is purchasing the horse "as is" but with the option to be vetted - at their own expense. Include a deadline for that. And what care/exercise the horse may have, by whom, in the meantime. You dont want them out there jumping 4' courses every day until the vetting!
If the horse does not vet suitably (include what you both feel is suitable) then you will accept the horse back and refund money.
basically, the sale is final and ownership (and all risks!) transfer to her immediately with a right of return (horse returned in same condition, money returned).
Typically, a 10% deposit is to hold the horse from being sold to someone else. In Real Estate (that agreement above looks very familiar to realty ones) the deposit is returned if the sale falls through. In horses, only if the horse fails the vetting. She is giving you 'good faith money". If she changes her mind and backs out - her problem. You keep the money(you *may* have had a bunch of buyers, cash in hand that you had to turn away...). If the horse shows up with a chip in his hoof and she uses that as a reason to say he failed the vetting and no longer wants him - you have to give it back and take the horse back(many sellers won't let the horse leave unless paid for in full - with right of return of course!). For that reason, be VERY specific in what you feel constitutes "failure". And what you will allow for the vetting. Is she going to trailer somewhere else for x-rays? Write in your agreement or that she assumes all risks. Is she doing a neuro exam? What about the good old flexion test? SOME horses (not many and not anything NOT young have come out of that with some issues) Who do you accept as the vet - your vet, her vet or a 3rd vet? do you get to be there during the vetting? (she will, you should) Make sure that (from your point as seller) that ownership transfers before the horse leaves! as I said, you can write it up that there is a right of return if he fails. But if there is a trailer accident on the way - she would be wise to have insurance on the horse in the first place - but who gets left holding the bag? Make sure it isn't you. Tragedy is one thing. But if it can NOT be compounded? by one little sentence? do it!
also include things like "making sure you get a copy, in writing, of the vet's opinion." One vet that I know of made his opinion verbally - that the horse failed for XX reason, but refused to put it in writing when called on it - didn't want to possibly be involved in a lawsuit. by demanding it up front - very few would give differing opinions and will be careful about what they say!
jmho - good luck!
Due to interpretational difficulties inherent in written communications, I respectfully suggest you refer to your coach for the answer; Imitation is still the sincerest form of flattery. Thank you, it's quite a lovely feeling to be so appreciated.
2dapoint
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby horsemad! » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#I hope I’m wrong, but I’d be concerned with someone who’s haggling and making offers before actually seeing the horse in person.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#&nbsp; #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#Sounds like a crackpot to me.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#&nbsp; #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/15.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#Of course I’m feeling pretty jaded today… #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't think that's odd, Horsemad.&nbsp; I've had LOTS of people email me to ask what my bottom-line price is.&nbsp; I haven't TOLD them, mind you...but I think that if someone only has "x" to spend, they'd want to find out if the seller is willing to accept "x" before making the drive to come see the horse.&nbsp; She offered "x" and I said "yes" so now we go from there.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby horsemad! » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just me feeling jaded then, I guess.&nbsp; #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Patricia » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I hope all works out for you....BUT I don't get excited ahead of time.&nbsp; I have had a few people say stuff like that and it didn't pan out.&nbsp; Get excited when the deposit is in you hand and she LOVES your horse.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Also....DO NOT use that agreement above...it will most definitely scare your buyer off.&nbsp; Your bill of sale can be so simple as a piece of paper stating you receive X dollars as deposit toward_________Describe your horse with the balance to be paid in cash upon pick up on or by......date.&nbsp; Put your contact info and hers and both sign it.&nbsp; Once you receive her deposit I would not spend any more money on the horse and it will be her responsibility to cover if he is due for shots etc.&nbsp; JMHO#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:09 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders, did you get my e-mail with the attachment of the bill of sale?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yup!&nbsp; I emailed you back.&nbsp; Thanks for sending it!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby ~Cnigh~ » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#Any news Chenders?&nbsp; Has the woman come to see Dali yet?#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
To ride or not to ride................?
What a stupid question!!!
~Cnigh~
Newbies
Newbies

Postby chenders01 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She's coming tomorrow at 2:00.&nbsp; Wish me luck, guys!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:49 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Good Luck Chenders...!!#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:02 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hope she's a good match for him!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

The Next Step - UPDATE!!

Postby chenders01 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Omigosh, guys!!&nbsp; It went sooooo well.&nbsp; The girl, a friend and her mother got to the barn a little ahead of schedule and were there before I got back from the Greenhawk sale (oops...but they were apparently only 5 minutes ahead of me).&nbsp; Yesterday was such a CRAP day so the horses were in, which is probably the WORST situation for Dali to be in, because when he doesn't get to go outside in the mornings, he's a bit antsy.&nbsp; But he was excellent in the cross-ties...stood quietly while I groomed and tacked up.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We took him into the arena (which was completely DEAD due to the weather - yay!!) and Heather, the girl who rides Dali for me, lunged him so they could see how he moves, as well as lunging him over a little "x".&nbsp; Then the girl got on him.&nbsp; She's used to riding with a fairly tight rein and Dali does not handle that kind of contact very well, but she loosened up her contact a bit and got him onto the bit.&nbsp; He went really, really well for her...and she is a GREAT little rider.&nbsp; Ramrod straight back, rode his big canter VERY well.&nbsp; She had some problems with the saddle...it was big for her and she was kind of swimming around in it.&nbsp; But she really liked him and wants to come back again this week to ride him a second time.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, I don't have a firm commitment yet but I am&nbsp;fairly certain that she is going to buy him.&nbsp; I have no doubt that he will go just as nicely for her the second time, as he did yesterday.&nbsp; She is exactly the type of rider I've been looking for...a confident, horse-crazy teen.&nbsp;&nbsp;Her mom says that she eats and sleeps horses, so I know that she will spoil Dali to death and will probably have her parents driving her to the barn every day, which is exactly what Dali needs.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, I am VERY excited!!&nbsp; I think that this girl is probably The One.&nbsp; He might be sold by next weekend - woohoo!!&nbsp; Keep crossing your fingers though, as we all know that nothing is certain until I've got the money in my hands.&nbsp; He is such a great horse though, and has come a very long way in a short period of time.&nbsp; They won't find anything else as nice as he is for the price I'm asking.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Next

Return to Advice on Buying & Selling